“Nice”

Rehovot, Israel
“Nice”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We are a of 5 and stayed for 3 nights at 2 rooms

Pros:
- Nice rooms
- Lovely breakfast that meets all family members
- As our flight was on midnight we payed additional fee of 1000 BHT per room and stayed till 20:00
- Nice lobby
- 2 travel agencies at lobby floor

Cons:
- Though bill was paid 2 hours before leaving we were asked to pay again !!! Issue was closed after signed receipts were presented - seems to be private issue
- The proposed price for a shuttle to airport was double than airport price (1400 THB instead of 700 THB) - I think it should be hotel service
- Room could be cleaner
- Train is too far (MRT etc)
- Response time to emails

To summarize - Recommended

Stayed August 2014
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Nadav B,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Eastin Makkasan on Trip Advisor. Your comments are essential in allowing me see where we are meeting our guests expectations and equally importantly show areas which could benefit from my attention.

Despite your positive review and score there were certain aspects of your stay which did not meet you expectations and for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I would also like to take the opportunity to address the points you raised.

I deeply regret that issue you experienced with your bill and have spoken to my Front Office Manager about what occurred to avoid any repetitions in the future.

If I may politely inform you that the vehicle we use for our airport transfer is a full sized 12 seater van as opposed to the standard small saloon car available at the airport hence the price. Regrettably as we are a near 300 room hotel and approximately 25 kilometers from the airport considering the value for money price we charge for our rooms it would be not be logistically or financially possible to offer complimentary transportation to the airport for all our guests. However if I may add that some of our room packages do include free airport transfer as part of their benefits.

Once we have ascertained which room you occupied my Housekeeping Manager will investigate why your room was not prepared to our usual high standards.

We do offer a complimentary tuk tuk shuttle to the nearest BTS Sky Train station as well as the Airport Link and shopping areas and I must apologise if you were not aware of this.

I have passed on your comment regarding the response time to emails to my reservations department for their immediate attention.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you as our valued guest and we hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kempton Park, South Africa
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I travel a lot and stayed in many different hotels in Bangkok, but the 1 hotel I consider as MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME, is the EASTIN HOTEL.Mr. Didier Gourmaud you must be so proud of your hotel staff, they will make any hotel feel proud to have them working for them. I can't fault anything from the moment you step into your hotel, up to the very sad moment you realise you have to go back to the country you come from. I can't wait to return to your beautiful country and to your beautiful hotel, with my friends your staff

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank pcroukamp
Dear Pcroukamp,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was extremely pleased to read your comments regarding your stay and am especially delighted that you consider us your home away from home. Thank you for your kind words.

Any hotel is only as good as the people it employs and I am extremely proud to be a member of the team at Eastin Makkasan. When I read a review such as yours it acts as an inspiration to all of us to serve our valued guests to the best of our abilities and ensure they have an enjoyable stay.

Please drop in and say hello again soon. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Haifa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we stayed on 28 floor rooms with view.comfortable,clean,good brekfast.Chamt, the consjerg,was very polite and helped us with everything we asked for.
המלון מעולה.נקי ונוח.קיבלנו חדרעם דלוקס עם נוף בקומה 28.הארוחת בוקר מגוונת. צ'אמפ הקונסיירג' היה קשוב מאוד ומיד טיפל בכל מה שביקשנו

Room Tip: מומלץ לבקש קומה גבוהה עם נוף על העיר. high floor ' room with the town view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Gmarianailia

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for awarding us the highest score on Trip Advisor. It means so much to both me and my team when our guests are completely satisfied with their stay.

I noted that like so many of our valued guests you singled out our Chief Concierge Khun Champ for special mention. As a holder of the coveted Clef D’ors (golden keys) awarded to only the very best in the concierge profession Khun Champ can only be described as a vital asset to Eastin Makkasan’s operation. I will inform him personally of your praise at our next meeting.

May I end by saying that we hope you have the chance to enjoy another stay with us in the very near future.

Toyohashi, Japan
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed my first night in Bangkok and my last night in Bangkok on a solo trip. Mostly families and business people stayed here. They have really decent rooms for what you pay and the view from my room was really nice. If you need advice for how to get around or places to go, don't ask the front desk. Ask the worker at the tour desk on the ground floor. Also, be aware that there's a train station nearby (Ratchaprarop station), and it's easy to get to major sights, including to and from the airport. Also, be weary of booking any kind of transport with the hotel or the travel agency located in the hotel. You can get around much cheaper without them. A bit of a tourist trap I think, but if you know what you're doing and you're looking for cheap, nice accommodation, it's not a bad choice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Sassafrash,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

One point you raised which I would like to take the opportunity to address is the transportation and tour arrangements made through the hotel and the in-house travel agency.
I appreciate your comment that you can get around cheaper without using the services we provide but if I may politely point out that many of our guests prefer to avail themselves of these services for their peace of mind as in Bangkok it is certainly a case of “buyer beware” as from guest feedback we have learned that some of the outside transport and tour providers offer a competitive price but fail to provide the service they promise. The travel agency in the hotel has a first-class reputation and operates tour desks in a number of international hotels in Bangkok.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the chance to see you again in the not too distant future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very good location
Fabulous breakfast
Excellent service,very fast room service
My very good COMPLIMENT TO MR SOMROEK HUNDEE CHIEF CONCIERGE was very helpful all the times
Any person looking for good service and excellent food this is the right place

Room Tip: All room are very quite
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Basheer786,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. I was delighted that my staff provided such excellent service and will pass on your words of praise to Khun Somroek personally.

Both me and my team hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.

Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hi, Stay away from this one. When checking-in you will not get a hello and/or welcome. When checking-out you have to wait 20 minutes because they don't beleive you didn't took anything from the minibar (they have to check your minibar/room first).
Swimming pool is poor, right next to the highway !
You can get better for your money in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Arthur W
Dear Arthur W, Voorburg,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Our sole aim is the complete satisfaction of our valued guests and your comments go a long way in allowing us to achieve that aim.

I would like to sincerely apologise that your stay did not seem to match that of the vast majority of our visitors. As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that your feedback is given the attention it deserves therefore I would like to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

I was extremely concerned to learn about the apparent lack of welcome you received upon your arrival as many of our reviews on Trip Advisor are testament to the courtesy of my staff. If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your experience I would greatly appreciate it.

I must offer my further apologies that you were delayed upon check-out while my staff checked your room. I can categorically assure you that this procedure has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we question your honesty in any way whatsoever but sometimes guests inadvertently forget to mention a minibar item they consume or damage they may have caused. If I may politely inform you that this procedure is common in the vast number of international chain hotels and not mutually exclusive to Eastin Makkasan.

I am also sorry that our 10th floor swimming pool’s location was not to your liking as we do not usually receive comments of this nature.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2014

no strong water preasure in the shower.
The water are not flowing out fast enough from the bath tab
the room is not clean
and the worst thing is that the room service is very slow.
i would not recommand staying in the hotel for more than 1 day
Location is ok.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank isharoni
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear isharoni,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are extremely important to us in allowing Eastin Makkasan to attend to any issues experienced by our guests and maintaining our reputation for high standards of service and value.

I must sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with your room and the slow room service. I have personally checked but unfortunately we have no record of a guest mentioning a problem with their room to our front desk team. Had you done so we would have immediately attended to the situation or sourced you an alternative room. I implore all our guests that if they encounter a problem with their room to inform us at once and we will do our utmost to rectify matters.

If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your stay I can investigate both your room and room service issues further.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.