“Location, location, location.”
Review of Buddy Lodge Hotel

Buddy Lodge Hotel
Ranked #186 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in September 2011.

The room was very clean, but a little dated (as is normal for this price range)

The location is excellent if you want to soak up the atmosphere of Khaosan Road but can be noisy at night, so probably suits a young(ish) guest.

I would definitely return to this hotel

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms will be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at Buddy Lodge about 15 times.I like the Thai style rooms and walk in marble showers plus security and in room safe.Early check in is never a problem although they charge for late check out now.Staff are usually friendly and a great place to stay for Songkran (thai new year).I have always booked early to obtain a double/king bed.Inroom towels and pool furniture due for replacement.I have stayed elsewhere in this location but this is the best.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a double.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Twentyfiveten
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Arrived at hotel around 8am on a Sunday morning hoping they would look after my bags at reception for a few hours. To my delight I was allowed check in 6 hours early. This was first example of how helpful and friendly the staff were.
Located in the middle of khao San road the rooms were extremely quite and from the room you would not know you were on one of the busiest streets in Thailand. Rooms were very clean and bathroom had some tolietries including toothbrush and toothpaste.
Roof top swimming pool was very nice with poolside bar. Mulligans bar had good food selection, breakfast was very nice. Resident band played most evenings and they were very good
Plenty of street stalls and shops on doorstep. Great way to be introduced to bargaining culture in Thailand
Would recommend buddy lodge to anyone staying on Khaosan Road.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was our first time at Buddy Lodge Hotel & Khaosan Road - we'd been referred to Buddy Lodge by friends that had stayed there in their previous travels to Bangkok and we're glad we listened to them and stayed at Buddy Lodge. The staff were very friendly throughout our stay, our room was clean and had everything we needed (air-con, safe, fridge, spacious bed and enough room for us to have both our backpacks open and partly unpacked).

We arrived at Buddy Lodge at about 9am and we had originally planned to ask if we could leave our luggage there until we check-in time. To our surprise, they allowed us to check-in straight away. Our flight out was the following day at 8pm, so we asked for a late check-out time of 6pm, which the staff happily arranged for us for an extra charge - 1000 THB - we didn't see this as a problem considering we were checking out 6 hours later than normal check-out time.

Buddy Lodge is really well located on Khaosan Road - plenty of food and drinking options around. But if you're planning on going to MBK via tuktuk, be sure to allow yourself about 15-25 mins to get there - there can be a fair bit of traffic for your driver to battle.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Buddy Lodge even though it was only for 1 night, but we both agree that we wouldn't stay anywhere else on our future trips to Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Buddy lodge is a boutique hotel located at Kaosan Rd. Kaosan rd. is close to Palace, Wat Pho, Dusit, and many other attractions in Bangkok. So, you can enjoy the geographic advantage. This hotel provides free wi-fi and pool.
I visited the palace, and other attractions in the morning and enjoyed the pool in the afternoon. There are many restaurants, bars, clubs, markets, and Thai massage shops in the Kaosan Rd. I really enjoyed the nightlife there.
But I recommend to get a higher floor suite if possible because it is little noisy at night until 2~3am. Also, I didn't have breakfast at the hotel but many people said it is not that good but there are many cheap places that you can have breakfast.
Warning: Do not take a TukTuk or a taxi waiting foreign customers on the road. They are rip-off. I recommend to take a taxi on the road and say "meter".

Room Tip: lower floors can be noisy at night
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I was excited to stay at Buddy Lodge Hotel in Bangkok.. I made this reservation after having stayed a week at the Buddy Oriental in Koh Samui..... great service.. great room.. great everything.. loved my time there... so.. one would expect the same level of professionalism and standards would be equal to the Buddy Lodge Hotel on Khaosan....

I was duly dissapointed in all aspects.. it is the same hotel group.. that is a fact.. however it is a far cry from the Buddy Koh Samui...

The evening crew handling reception was at best.. mediocre... They did there job.. don't get me wrong.. but it would be like driving a BMW 7 2011 series (Samui) thinking that all BMW's are the same.. and renting the same one, from the same people in Bangkok only to discover that the BMW 7 Series BKK is a worn out, 1999 model that has just been around the block too many times.. sure.. it drives like a BMW, looks like a BMW and is a BMW.. however.. she needs a serious tune up..

The rooms are.. the same, but feel worn out and drab... the service is there, but could be overhauled.. I assume that this is the first Buddy of the 3.. and it is disappointing as I would have expected it to be the standard, not the ugly step child.

Enough to say that I will, upon my departure.... having once been a newly "loyal" Buddy Group Customer.. I am now going to be a "one night stand" customer and seek my accommodation elsewhere in the future..

I don't mind paying the same money for the same service.... but I don't like paying the same money for less service and a downgrade in style and accommodation..

Room Tip: Not dirty.. but.. well.. dirty... walls have a permeant
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

First time in the Khaosan area. I would stay at Buddy Lodge again, but don't think I could do it more than 1-2 nights at a shot. The hotel is in the center of the "action", yet a quiet get-a-way. The hotel complex has bars, tatoo parlour, Coffee shop...everything you need if you've had enough of the street action. The action on the street, however, provides incredible people watching, some touristy items, awesome street food...and should be seen at least once whilst in Bangkok.

Hotel staff were friendly, and I would come back. Free WiFi is nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo