We stayed at the Buddy Lodge hotel for 3 nights (our whole stay in Bangkok).
Staying was my partner and I, then in a room opposite my sister and her 2 friends.. (NB you pay an additional charge for a 3rd person - you literally get a mattress on the floor so you may be drawing straws!)
Ideal location as hotel is directly on Khao San Road - HEAD TOWARDS McDONALDS AND HOTEL RECEPTION IS LOCATED IN THROUGH SHOPPING CENTRE ENTRANCE NEXT TO MCDONALDS - We wandered aimlessly around for 10 miuntes before finding!
Clean and definitely one of the nicer places to stay on Khao San Road. Not the nicest view from the balcony and was quite noisy at night (we were on same floor as swimming pool - i think 3rd) but you expect this for the central location - I would suggest a higher floor to make it quieter - but it didn't prevent us sleeping.
Staff are friendly and helpful - providing you with an information sheet with details on how to remain safe in Bangkok and avoid falling for the 'standard cons' - definitely read this as it is very useful.
Breakfast is served in Mulligans Irish Bar - buffet self service with egg station to make freshly fried eggs and omelettes, bacon, croissants, pastries, cereals, fruit juices, teas, coffees and fruits. You can go up as many times as you wish - Delicious
Swimming pool is quite small but is clean and ideal just for a quick dip to cool down after a day of sightseeing. Was never very busy.
There are definitely cheaper places to stay in Bangkok around the Khao San Road area but was nice to have a haven to come back to so I would say this is good value.
Other Things I would recommend whilst in Bangkok:-
1) If visiting at a weekend, try the weekend market at Chatachuk (you can get to via skytrain). Great for clothes/gifts etc and cheaper than Khao San Road
2) See a Muay-Thai kickboxing fight at either Lumphini or Ratchadamnoen stadiums
3) A cocktail at the Vertigo Bar, top floor of the Banyan Tree Hotel (at nightime you get a stunning view of bangkok)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within the shopping and entertainment streets of Khaosan Road, Buddy Lodge is your best refuge of a cozy hotel where guests can return to a quiet relaxation away from the entire bustle of the tourist street market. The historical core of Bangkok where most of the tourist attractions are found just around the corner and one can walk to visit Bangkok’s most popular tourist attractions, The Grand Palace, The Golden Mount, The Temple of The Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), The Temple of The Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), The Democracy Monument, and many other cultural sites in the Bangkok City Old Town. Buddy Lodge offers the most convenient location and comfortable facilities for travelers to the popular Khaosan Road and visitors to the famous historical places of Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buddy Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Hotel Bangkok