“I liked the pool with spouting elephants”
Review of Buddy Lodge Hotel

Buddy Lodge Hotel
Ranked #179 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Not a bad hotel. Locatred in the middle of khao san road. If thats where you want to be when in Bangkok then stay here. Its not as cheap as other places around here but it has clean rooms and a roof top pool which is an oasis in a very busy road. The elehant heads around the pool even squirt water from the trunks.
Have a beer watch the road below and just soak up the sun by the pool.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in Novemeber and thought the location was excellent, staff were friendly, room was clean and big enough for 3 girls and their (rather large) suitcases. We liked that we each had a free bottle of water each day.

Roof top swimming pool was nice with good views.

Good hotel, only fault was shower was cold

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2010

The location of this hotel is perfect. Located at Khao San Road! Nearby boattransfer to skytrain and enough taxi's to take you everywhere you want! The swimmingpool is also fantastic. The rooms are ok. Basic and clean. We had a room with a big balcony but the view was awful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed here for our first night of a 3 week trip at the end of June. The hotel is located towards one end of the Khaosan Road although slightly back from the chaos. The room was clean, the staff were friendly enough and the pool was a great addition for such a backpacker location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I travel to Bangkok frequently and I always stay at Buddy Lodge. As i am sometimes alone I find it a comforting and friendly hotel with amazing efficiency on the front desk. You can also step right outside the hotel into a busy shopping/market street for anything you might need....there is a 711 store almost opposite for a sim card and credit for your mobile phone or snacks with outside phone booths...food, drinks, bars, clothing and artifacts, beauty and massage places ..... a dentist on the next street if you need any dental work or just a clean and polish.
Its walking distance to The Golden Temple.This time there was a lovely western receptionist (Krissy)with good english and that was such a good touch....she was also extremely helpful and efficient..i love it when Asian hotels employ westerners on their staff
The rooms are clean and have a lovely colonial feel about them.I love the swimming pool and bar on the rooftop for cocktails though it was very hot whilst i was there this time and i did think some shade was needed if only umberellas by the pool.
I love the breakfast room and choice of buffet food...both western and asian choices.
From time to time i have tried to ring the changes and stay in other hotels but i ALWAYS go back to staying at Buddy lodge.......I really can't much fault it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2010

On the recommendation of my aunt, I had no hesitation to book the Buddy Lodge. However, I regretted it when I awoke at 1 am to find my pillow covered in black and red dots, which I then discovered to be BED BUGS. I knew that they were bed bugs as when I squashed the red ones and I smeared blood. And then to our disgust, we found more larger and menacing looking bed bugs on the underside of our pillows. We did not spot them when we checked-in as apparently they only come out at night.

We went down to reception, with on of the larger bed bugs in an empty water bottle as evidence. They had no hesitation in moving us to another room and when we asked whether they knew about this, the receptionist stated that they had sprayed the mattress two weeks ago and that guests staying before us had not complained. (Researching bed bugs after my holiday, I find that the only way to get rid of bed bugs is to throw the mattress out!)

When we arrived as we had unpacked our bags on the bed (as you do), they offered to clean our clothes. As we threw our clothes into the hotel's laundry sack, we spotted some attached. However they refused to dry clean my dry clean only cardigan (for wearing on the plane), so I had to bring this item back home double bagged even though there was a bug on it. I showed to the duty manager but they still refused. AND AND, a t-shirt that was washed came back part bleached! So don't even have your clothes washed by the hotel.

When we spoke to the hotel manager in the morning, we still did not have an apology, what he said was "its the dirty guests that bring the bugs here".

We had no problem with the replacement room, although you can imagine that we slept restlessly that night. We also picked up a few hitch-hikers from the buddy lodge as when we were checking in at the airport two days later and discovered that three had attached themselves the underside of my hand luggage. After two weeks, I am still wondering if there are any more. FYI - Bedbugs can live for a year without feeding. More info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bugs

Please do not stay here if you want to bring these buddies home with you!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Kind of expensive considering the others hotels in the area but definitely a nice choice. Rooms have character. Staff is nice but tend to forget to give you all the info. Tiny swimming poll on the roof. Nice breakfast serving at the Bar next to the hotel. Bkf usually included in the price when booked online.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo