“One night”

A-One Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #495 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I ended up at this hotel cause I was on my way back home from two great weeks at one of the best properties in Phuket. I just needed to stay over night to catch my flight and boy I wish I did not.

I asked for a hotel close to the airport. The hotel is not any closer to the airport as any other hotel in Downtown Bangkok. The hotel is not in great area and you are just all alone over there with nothing in close proximity. Just imagine spending a night in Bangkok and not being able to enjoy Bangkok at night.

I will try to walk you through my experience.

As I said the hotel is out and about so here goes the convenience factor out the door.

The reception staff are not that friendly. I really did not like their aggressive attitude specially the ladies. One word of advise "not every man walking through the door is trying to hit on you, there are still gentlemen in this world". A smile goes a long way. I did not get a smoking room cause as it turns out the whole hotel is nonsmoking. Oh well.

The friendliest person was the bellboy. He was just great. I wish EVERYBODY at the hotel learns something from him.

The whole hotel and room were just out dated. It need a major cosmetic operation to make it look presentable. The room had cigarettes smell so here goes there nonsmoking rule. The room is just old, damp and smelly. The bathroom was really old. Amenities were just bad. Towels were not clean enough (I had my own towel).

The best thing about the room is the walls. They paper thin I ended up hearing everything going on next doors (I do not want elaborate).

Breakfast was poor and the service was just dismal. I think that had two person working at the restaurant which was more of in lobby thing. the omelets chef and the hostess who just disappeared.

Check out was just a check out. I really did not want to interact with anybody at the reception desk cause as I said there was a big chip on every bodies shoulder. I just wanted that experience to end.

If you have an option just stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank BKKSKMVT

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Me and my wife stayed 3 nights last yaer. Hotel is good with very good food and services but I is very far away from the main attractions of the city.Taxi drivers mostly dosent know the way or even heard of the hotel.I recment not to book this hotel. alyaws insinst to go neat the Platinum mall of Pratunium mall.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SUDIPTOJAM
PrimoMags99, Manager at A-One Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

The hotel is located near Petchaburi and Rama 9 Road. To avoid Bangkok traffic jams you can use the free shuttle bus every hour that brings you to the underground train station in 10 minutes, and 20 minutes later you are in Silom, or 5 minutes later you are on Sukhumvit. The rates of our hotel are very good compared to any hotels on these locations.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Here is a hotel which will attract you because of its good location and cleanliness but you will hate it for its poor hospitality. The reception staffs are not hospitable and they are hardly bothered if you go and tell them anything about your room. They pretend to be busy in counting the money. We had bad experience with most the staffs who were self occupied with themselves and did not listen to us. Not a very well managed hotel.
Positive side: Rooms were clean and of average size.
Location was execellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nikhil_Sahni
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Very comfortable stay, lobby is good looking, breakfast is v good. Hotel staff was very co-operative. I found a Pakistani there in the staff, doesn't remember his name though, who guided us about dining places, whereabouts of the city, maps etc.

Rooms are small but very elegant. Washrooms were elegantly situated with in the room. Service was good.

Overall a good hotel and a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I was on a holiday, my stay was arranged by a tour operator. This is a 4 star hotel, It gives you with facilities inside but it's location is not good . It is quiet far from main city and taxi driver charges a lot for it.
Food was okay, somehow breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank VisitorMumbai
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Had the misfortune of moving to this hotel when stranded in Bangkok due to "The Volcano". Moved from the 5 star Chatrium suites which was gorgeous but thought we'd better go cheaper as we were there for further 10 days. Moved back after 2 nights as location, service rooms food etc so much nicer at Chatrium. Looked good on internet and the pool looked lovely. Booked standard room so can't comment on executive rooms. The reception here couldn't have been any more frosty. Difficult to put my finger on it but didn't feel welcomed! Room cleanliness seemed good but shabby bath area and grubby tiles. Room very tight with extra bed but that's not unusual to any hotel room. Could here the telephone ring throughout night next door as houskeeping/room service situated there! Pool area in need of revamp and again not very friendly staff on the 2 days we were there.Wouldn't let my daughter use the gym changing room, had to squeeze into the toilet by the pool! Pool lounger mats covered in beer stains and pool bar not open when it should have been. Buffet evening meal looked stale and luke warm and area did not reflect that of a 4 star hotel. lobby area looks impressive but that's where it ends. i'm sure there are much better 4 * hotels.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My sister and I stayed at the A-One Hotel, Bangkok for a week while we visited our dad at Bangkok Hospital. He had been taken ill on holiday and needed medical care. The hotel was ideally placed for people visiting the hospital, and about 40 minutes taxi ride from the main sights in Bangkok, so maybe not the best location for tourists. Taxis were cheap, the most we paid was 200 Baht (about £2.50). The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable, rooms were immaculate, orchid on your pillow every night. A free private transfer was provided to and from the airport (about 20 minutes drive) and free transfers to and from the hospital whenever we needed them, although it was only about 10 minutes walk. The included breakfast buffet was huge and varied, cooked to order egg dishes, full "American" breakfast and lots of south east Asian food too. We ate at the hotel once in the evening, which was OK. The hotel had a lovely pool area which was all free, and a superb looking gym which we didn't use. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, most had reasonable to good English. All in all, our stay was made very comfortable, although we were not there for the best of reasons.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family