“Top in Bangkok”

Ranked #77 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Top in Bangkok”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the new Sukhumvit property in Bangkok for 7 nights in early December of 2013. I was not sure where to stay on this trip and changed my reservations a few times before finally settling with this property. I had booked at the Doubletree which is attached to the Hilton, but decided I liked the access to the executive lounge that came with the Hilton. As a Hilton Diamond member I try to take full advantage of my extensive travel whenever possible.

I communicated with the hotel's manager Chris before my arrival. My initial contact was to set up transportation from the airport, they have standard car and upgraded BMW transportation available. I think it was $60 for the BMW. I used it for both legs of my trip. Chris was happy to connect me to his executive staff that took good care of my travel requirements and arrival details.

Before my trip the protests in Bangkok were beginning to heat up and as a new traveler to Thailand I was somewhat concerned with the safety. I know now that this is not a major issue, but at the time I didn't want to get stranded in Thailand. On second thought, after my visit, it would probably not have been that bad.

Anyway, I reached out to Chris and he was very helpful in giving me some insight into the protests and the expected level of impact they would have on my visit. Mind at ease, I looked forward to my arrival in Bangkok.

The hotel is almost new. The traffic to get to the hotel is crazy, this is Bangkok's issue, not the hotel's. The staff at the hotel is amazingly attentive. The driver from the airport, the bellmen, the front desk team, the concierge, the executive lounge staff, housekeeping, all so friendly and helpful.

The executive lounge is well appointed and the breakfast was just enough to keep me on property in the mornings. The evening reception was also very good.

I was able to stay in a executive suite during my stay and the room was very modern and new as you would expect. The rain shower and large soaking tub with a view of the city were all great additions to an amazing stay.

I know there are many properties to try in Bangkok, but for ease of access to the train, all the shopping, food, and anything else you may need, the new Hilton is an excellent choice.

Thanks to Chris and his entire staff for keeping me safe and sound during my trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Try to go up and get a view if possible. Elevators are fast so a high floor is not a problem.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Brand new beautiful Hilton next to the Doubletree on a side street off Sukhumvit Road with a short walk to a BTS station. Exceptional service, comfortable rooms and perfectly located to get around in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very modern. Room is very comfortable; specially the bed and pillows :)
Shower is big and is fun that it's separated from the bed by glass :)
Breakfast is very good.
Sky Train is around the corner from the hotel (very useful to reach all main locations in Bangkok)
Right in front of hotel there is the Emporium mall (very nice place for shopping)
I highly recommend to stay there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yadawee
HK, Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Appealing location: Fairly close to Phrom Phong BTS station (less than 5 mins walk) Service: High staff-to-guest ratio (Breakfast buffet), provided quite a personalized service. Besides, the front-desk staffs were very helpful and nice

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Washington DC
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Clearly a property which needs some "ageing".

Let me start with the good news:

- Great location; only a short walk to the BTS station in a relatively quiet street
- Nice lobby; like the lady with the dog
- Generally attentive service
- Cool looking executive lounge
- Good size room with nice bathroom (free-standing bathtup, separate shower with rainshower, enclosed toilet, double sinks
- High-speed internet

Here is what does not work for me:

- Food service in lounge; yes, I know it is a free evening snack service but for god heaven's sake don't make people wait for 20 minutes to come back with refills so that guests just have to feed on bread
- Housekeeping left quite a lot to be desired; empty newspaper folder left on floor, dirty floor in toilet, "strange" marks on office table, toiletries not refilled in morning or evening turn-down service
- Number of TV channels; stayed in a private house before going to Bangkok ad I could see what is available. One poor movie channel, really? Could do much better here, Hilton Sukhumvit
- Breakfast service very slow; small hint, when you serve tea with the tea bag in the mug, it would be great to have a little plate to dispose of the bag

Surely a lot of things that can be changed; I appreciate that this property has only bee open for three months. I am prepared to give it another go on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank srhmmj
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to day about my stay here.

Firstly, the hotel is incredibly new. Finished in September 2013, the lobby, executive lounge, pool, fitness area, and other common areas are in impeccable condition.

Upon arriving, staff took my luggage from me. Escorted me to check in where as a Gold member they took me to the Executive Lounge to check in and offer me some food and drinks. Check in was flawless.

I was escorted to my room and shown around by one of the staff. And then no more than 5 minutes in the room the bellman arrived with my luggage.

There were some repairs going on by the pool, but they were minimal.

I would like to see some more food offerings at the Executive Lounge. Though the attitude and politeness of the staff is to be commented.

Also, I left my iPad in the bed after checking out. I immediately called, someone from housekeeping was called and my iPad was safely out away.

Look forward to coming back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights to kick off our holidays and experienced the best of the Hilton customer service. Exec lounge staff were courteous and professional in everyway and it annoys me to see some reviewers stating otherwise and assusing them of racisum. Good on the staff for enforcing the rules. Some people just can't get enough free stuff and are so greedy. I will return as soon as I can. Top quality.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple