“Unusual Day off in Bangkok - Art, Peace and Serenity. Paint your own lotus leaves canvas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Himapan Gallery

Himapan Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our lotus leaf painting studio provides an unique and relaxing experience. Make yourself an artist with our hands on 3 hours lesson for a delicate and authentic result. Enjoy the session with friends and family every morning from Tuesday to Saturday or come along with your fellows for a festive evening !
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was my third time in Bangkok and I wanted to spend a day in a more unusual way than visiting yet another Wat. I found out about Himapan Gallery online and decided to give the lotus leaf painting workshop a try. I'm not a painter and never have been really into painting so I was a bit hesitant but when I walked into the gallery, the owners Teck and Catherine welcomed me and all my hesitations and worries disappeared. They reassured me that there are many beginner groups often coming to the gallery and everyone is very pleased with the results.
The lotus canvas are so beautiful to begin with so you really have a beautiful foundation to work with, which makes the process easier.

I was so happy after my day at Himapan Gallery. I spent a relaxing day mixing paints, painting and chatting with Caterine and Teck and at the end I had 2 beautiful canvas, which the owners shipped for me to my apartment in New York.

The leaf lotus painting class lasts roughly half a day depending on what size of a canvas you'll choose. You can then take your work home or have it shipped.

Give it a try. It's definitely a memorable and unusual experience. Don't leave Bangkok without visiting Himapan Gallery.

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
Kiev, Ukraine
“For a True Representation of Chinese Artisanship”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

A certain amount of passion is all that is required to achieve something in life and the owners of the Himapan Gallery in Bangkok had more than a little passion. The gallery is a treasure house of artifacts from the deep hinterland of China, more particularly from northern China. All forms of art feature in the gallery. There is a wide selection of furniture that portrays some intricate carvings and finish. Several artifacts such as small sculptures, urns, jewelry and idols are superb. Paintings by several Chinese artists depicting life in their regions are also featured. The owners also run workshops to impart training on Chinese calligraphy and painting on real lotus leaves. In fact, you could use this opportunity to learn the art and at the end of it, you have a work created by you that you can present it to someone you would want to.

Visited February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lotus leaves Painting, great fun! No experience needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The morning spent at the gallery was one of the highlights of my trip. Teck and Catherine where very accommodating eventhough i was a walk in customer for the art workshop. A plethora of canvas with dried lotus leaves will leave you spoilt for choice. Once you pick one, Catherine will show you how to paint it. If you have time you can try a variety of techniques. It's pretty easy and fun for an amatuer like me. If you are flying back the very same day, fret not as the acrylic paint dries really fast, and you can take back some varnish to seal the color in. A unique gift for myself to remember my adventure in bangkok!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank ZephyrNix
Vietnam
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Very Relaxing Way To Spend a Few Hours in Bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Himapan Gallery. It is a small beautiful space filled with gorgeous furniture and student lotus leaf paintings. I am an art teacher so am often looking for workshops to relax or challenge me. I decided to paint on two narrow lotus canvases using coloured inks. As I was flying out in a few days they kindly packaged up the paintings for the plane. I checked them in the "oversized/fragile" section and they arrived safely to Ghana. If you are tired of the hustle and bustle of Bangkok then this is definitely the perfect place to create no-fail art. Teck and Catherine were so welcoming and seemed genuinely interested in my art. I was lucky to be there by myself so could enjoy their company as much as the painting. You do not need to have an art background to succeed with these workshops.

Visited January 2014
Singapore River, Singapore
“Himapan Gallery: A unique place to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had the opportunity to visit Himapan gallery during one of my trip to Bangkok.I was very impressed by the quality of the antique furniture and very welcome by its owners Catherine and Teck , a French- Thai couple .
Catherine and Teck have also had the great idea to develop a very interesting activity;painting on real lotus leaves. They organise some workshop during which you can paint the lotus leaves using your preferred color, with your personal touch and bring them back home.In the mean time, you beneficiate from their advice and experience! I did it once and I have already planned to come back for another session soon!

I had a great and unique experience in visiting this gallery and i recommend it to all people who like Asian arts, antique furniture and who want to develop their painting skills .

Marie