“Very nice Hotel.....”

Ranked #264 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Very nice Hotel.....”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We arrived at the Boss Hotel on 24 Jan for our 2 night stay in BK....we were not disappointed, from the outside the hotel was immediately inviting, well presented and and in a nice side street.
The staff at reception were very friendly and gave us cool drinks whilst booking us in. Our Room was spacious very modern and clean, although we did not have a view, they had made a nice rock and water feature outside our window.

Once settled (bags thrown on the bed....) we ventured upstairs to check out the pool which was small but perfect with a small seating area around it - space had been utilised very well.

The Hotel is situated in a quiet side street with unfortunately not much to do - we only found 1 hang out were we could grab a cool beer which was at the end of the street - nice though you can also eat there too- its just before you hit the main road - but despite being quiet you only had to hit the main road, take a left and bars were plenty and were you could grab a bite to eat.

Saphon Pier is only a short 5 minute walk away, were you can take a Long Tail, Water Taxi or River Boat across the river - all the main attractions are within easy reach, and generally cheap - we caught a Water Taxi for 15 Baht up to Grand Palace area and surrounding areas - easy as chips although crowded - that's half the fun !!!!

All in all BH is situated in a great location for access to everywhere...lol good staff, pleasant rooms - will definitely stay again next year..........

1 Thank doodar
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your time here and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future. - Bossotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We have traveled the world for work and play. This was a really nice experience for us. First we got lucky in our room number. After about 30 hours of flights and driving door to door we were whipped, so when my wife opened the balcony door and said you want to take a dip in the pool I thought she was joking. The pool was about 5 steps out our sliding door and the cool waters felt amazing on a tired jet lagged body. The room had a bit of a musty smell that I didn't notice, but my wife she she did. Must be from people like me taking midnight dips in the pool. The room was clean and the bed was firm. The breakfast was different every day depending on the largest group of tourist nationalizes. One morning a large group of Italians the next day was Japanese and the choices reflected this. There was still standard stuff that didn't change. The staff was very helpful with every request and are at the front desk 24/7. The hotel has a massage and spa facility that wee didn't notice till the second day we were there. If you stay here use it. 500 Bat(?) for a 2 hour massage that is top notch.

Room Tip: If you want a room at poolside 412 is the way to go.
1 Thank Drew L
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Big thanks to you guys for the great feedback. We really appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience of visiting Bossotel Bangkok. We hope to see you again in the future and would be happy to provide a “home between homes” for your times in Bangkok.
Maastricht, Nederland
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Location is not really central but I liked that is was in a quiet street so you could sit relaxt outside after being all day in the noise of Bangkok. Staff is not very friendly, Spa is nice but a bit expensive. Nice clean rooms. Price through booking.com €35 per night including breakfast was good value for money

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Sawasdee Ka Ms.Ellendirk,

Thank you for your valuable time and constructive reviews that we are more than welcomed to improve our hotel.

We delight to hear that you satisfied with our room and breakfast, our standard is to serve variety items rotate with unlimited hot dish food, salad bar, breads, cereals, fruits, beverages and etc.

Please accept our apologies for the unsatisfactory staff service. We are looking into this matter now.

In regards to the location, yes, we are situated 50 meters from the main road at end of Silom Road which is one of the major central area and 5 minutes walking distance to BTS skytrain which make the whole city within a reach.

Once thank you again for being with us and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards from all of Bossotel Team
Manchester
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stay at this hotel every year.Last year the 4th floor was being renovated,so hopefully this trip will be OK.The reason for this post is because of a problem with booking,that the hotel and agent sorted very efficientley.We use At Siam,because they offer a 1/2 day early check in or check out for the Bossotel.This year I encountered a problem for the first time about the early check in.Although clearly shown as an option,there is also an area for special requests.For this I asked for a outside window room,some rooms overlook and internal courtyard and can be dark.I received an email,which I misread, about not being able to confirm the window,but also the same for the early check in.I told them to go ahead with the booking,only thinking the window could be a problem.The email confirmation and voucher,didn't include the early check in and I wasn't charged for it!I emailed At Siam and Bossotel that the early check in was the reason I book with At Siam and stay at the Boss every year.I re-read the email and realised it was my error,they had warned me about the early check in.I received emails off Bossotel and Siam,who had communicated with each other...I now have my early check in confirmed and my credit card debited for this.Looking forward to a great stay.

Room Tip: Doubles tend to be inner courtyard.twins have a window overlooking the temple and on the 5th floor u...
1 Thank ManchesterBuster
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Bossotel is really a mixed bag when it comes to service. Overall, it is a good value.Once you check-in, they really don't seem to care about you. The English level of the staff is very low. Maybe they should charge a little more and get better staff. While I enjoyed the location and the breakfast buffet, I will not be staying there again. Bangkok is a big city with so many other hotels to choose from at the same price, but with better rooms and service.
Pros:
Great location, it is near the river and the BTS. There is a Robinson with a Tops in the basement.
Nice neighborhood, it is a really Thai neighborhood, with enough tourists where people speak some English.
Fairly clean rooms; the carpets were really dirty. We stayed for 6 days and they never changed the sheets, as they were clean looking I didn't care. One day they didn't leave us clean glasses and housekeeping told me they had no more glasses.
Great breakfast buffet. They have a variety of good fresh foods.
Restaurant; good food at reasonable prices.
Cons:
Terrible internet, we were told the WI-FI was being tested. Okay, but for 6 days! The router was outside our door and we still couldn't get a signal.
There was a pool but it was not really a pool. It was more like a wading pool for small children.

Service is spotty, the staff is pleasant, but not helpful. We had to go down 2 times and ask for extra pillows. A few times we called housekeeping or the front desk and there was no answer.

As we were going to the airport, the bellman took us to a taxi across the street from the hotel. It was a fixed price taxi which wanted to charge us 500 Baht to go to the airport. In the end, we took a metered taxi and with highway charges and a 50 Baht tip it was 350 Baht. The hotel should not be taking guests to non-metered taxis, they are famous for changing prices mid-route to the airport. The location of the hotel doesn't lend itself to getting a taxi quickly, so if a guest is in a hurry, they should explain the taxi situation and let the guest decide if they want to be cheated or not.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Marina2005
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We have now staid at the Bossotel for the second time, and still like it. Good value for money, comfortable beds, great breakfast with a great deal of variety. Location is excellent, in walking distance of Chao Praya River for express boats. The hotel is situated ina cul-de-sac and thus has very littel traffic. The Shangri-La Hotel is just around the corner.
The A/C system could be better, since just the fan is adjustable betweeen High-mid-low. Apparently, there is no auto-adjustment according to preset temperature. For my taste, it got too cold during the night,so I had to turn it off. Even has a pool on the 4th floor - small but sometimes welcome after a steamy Bangkok day.
The suroundings are ok, lots of spas, tailors and nice shops, and the mayhem and food stalls of nearby Bang Rak within reach. The only thing that doesn't work is email communication with this hotel - there is simply no reply. If you book with the usual agencies on the internet, everything is fine and you get a better price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BernardButler
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed here for two nights before flying home to the UK. It was ok for what we needed but not sure if I would stay here again as I didnt like the area.

Breakfast was a nice buffet but we only had it once as we left very early on our second day.

I was a bit disappointed in their internet charges. Their minimum is for 3 hours at 80THB. All I wanted to do was check in online. I had to pay the 80THB and then the printer didnt work so I had to sort it out at the airport the next morning anyway. Some of the hotels we stayed in during our time in Thailand had free wifi which I think is great and a nice touch.

Like I say, it served us for what we wanted and if you want that area, you would be ok staying here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple