“Cozy Friendly hotel in a business District”
Review of Bossotel Bangkok

Bossotel Bangkok
Ranked #298 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

I've been in Bossotel for 4times and everytime I was satisfied with the service and accommodation of it and its location. I also try some other 3&4star hotels near Bossotel in Silom Road but they have some problems that Bossotel doesn't have.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is small but it's as complete as a 5star hotel in a small scale. You will never miss it!!
The rooms are nice specially the supirior ones and the room prices is according to a 4star travel budget.
Bossotel is not a newly built hotel but most of the rooms are renovated recently. I suggest you to book these ones.
It has a small clean pool and fitness center where you can enjoy your free times.
The WiFi in the lobby is free and there is also a business center you can use the computers and a copy machine. However, the WiFi in rooms is surcharged.
You also can have very delicious and well designed lunch and dinner in the small friendly hotel's restaurant. I suggest you to try once and you'll never regret!
For Shopping and Food,
There is a Robinson shopping mall within 5min walk from hotel. Under the mall there is a big food market and Mac Donald and KFC.
From Robinson is just 5 more min to the nearest metro station.
In the Silom road you can find lots of Thai and international restaurants specially for sea food.
The famous Patpong night bazar is aslo not far from hotel.
You also can find one of the Chao Phraya's cruise stations near the hotel where you can enjoy the cruise at night.
The only problem I can say is that because the location is a kind of business area it may not very well for a relaxing holiday although I've seen families with children in the hotel many times.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank AmirLeader

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Excellent small hotel in a fabulously convenient location...near the main ferry pier of Saphan Taksin and Sky Train stop of the same name. Local life going on around (food markets etc) but also near to luxury hotels if you feel like cocktails by the river. We had a lagre,renovated room which was very nice (hotwater was a little temperamental though). The staff were quietly helpful and accomodating in their own way. The extra charge (although small) for use of the computers/internet is not done in the majority of hotels worldwide. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank evma61
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bossotel. It is not a big place, set in a fairly quiet street and close to the Skytrain, the river and Robinson's department store. It looks to have undergone a makeover and the room was fine. Breakfast was OK also, though dinner was not very exciting as it was also where they serve breakfast, and the menu was a fairly limited selection of eastern and western dishes. There are few of the amenities associated with larger hotels but I would recommend it to a people on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stay here each time weare in Bangkok as it has everything you need in a wonderful location. Positives: Location. Good value. buffet breakfast has a wide variety of choices and eggs to order, rooms are spotless. Lyn La Day Spa is great for massages.
Negatives: Front desk staff are lazy and always on Facebook (Management really need to address this) Hallways are shabby and Internet is ridiculously slow and expensive too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tray1972
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

I was exhausted from the long trip from Europe and I was put in a room at the center courtyard level-- very zen feel but the noise from the construction quickly canceled any sense of relaxation and I asked to be moved. I was moved to a room adjacent to the door which exits out to the pool (if you're in the hallway looking at the pool it was the room on the left--sorry I don't have room number anymore))
I was exhausted and went to sleep right away--BIG MISTAKE!! I should have done a BED BUG check! Several were on the bed, floor and curtains! As I learned later bed bugs wait until they sense the warmth of their host to come out of their hiding spots in the mattress crevices. So always pull the bed sheets and fitted sheets to check for bed bugs! Then I asked to change rooms again but didnt want to transfer to another room with the bed bugs I encountered in the room adjacent to the pool. I examined all of my belongings multiple times to ensure I wasn't taking bed bugs with me-- on me or in/on my bag. The next room I moved to was examined by me before accepting to move (mind you this is my first night in Bangkok) and it was 1 am at this point. I left that morning and spoke to the manager and he apparently closed the room for cleaning but it takes a lot to kill bed bugs because insecticide doesnt work on them apparently. Beware! The restaurant was good and so was the adjacent massage locale--which
i used before I realized the above problems.

Also, there is an extra charge for internet.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Globetrotter2076
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A good enough hotel if you know what you get; very average but clean room, with strangely faulty newly done bathroom, some nice some ignorant staff, doormen that do everything but opening doors, location near Shangri-La and other biggies, so a lot of shouting-at-you toots, and on the positive side a very good location for the real feeling of Bangkok (in my opinion offcourse).
Try having a coffee ON the river, just follow the street to the Chao Phraya and smile at the guys trying to get you on their boats, and say you just want to have coffee. Cheap and a little adventurous on the rickety pier, and the sweetest lady to serve you.
Breakfast at Bossotel was the best we had anywhere in Thailand, not counting the too soft boiled eggs.
There is a pool but its only swimmable with less than four people. And a tiny but ok gym as well.
Prices of minibar and roomservice are very ok. We had a good time here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the wat/school in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank diederika
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The Bossotel Bangkok is an inexpensive hotel that's close to the river and sky train. Our deluxe room was probably the largest hotel room we've stayed in Bangkok. We found the hotel to be very clean and the rooms were well presented. A very charming hotel that we'd stay at anytime ... great value, and friendly Thai hospitality.

Room Tip: I think it is wise to choose a deluxe room over the standard room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ridleysguide
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Khun Ridleysguide,

Thank you for your review!

It was good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Bossotel Team