“Great Location, Beds Comfortable, Good Value”
Review of Bossotel Bangkok

Bossotel Bangkok
Ranked #322 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here a total of 5 nights in two different rooms as we left for one night. Room was large and beds were soft the first room had a problem with the shower where it would flood the bathroom as the drain was covered and the second room worked better. Every thing in the room worked well except the shower. Our room was quiet and the view was nice even the windows opened. The location couldn't be more perfect so for comparison to other hotels in the area I would say this is your best for the $, comfort and location. They even have a pool which is very small but clean. I was going to use it but there were children there and being so small it was not inviting. They have a spa at the hotel offering massages which we used. Very excellent actually the best massage we had in Thailand so make sure you use them. The free breakfast buffet was very good and food from the restaurant was ok. Internet worked well from the room. Didn't use gym but it looked good. So this hotel has a lot to offer for the $.

Our only real complaint was: It seems that when you get a classier hotel the staff are not as friendly. The Staff answered all our questions and were somewhat helpful but you would think spending 5 nights they would take more interest in us but not the case. That was true for the Restaurant which we ate at several times. They would have 5 stars if they were more friendly to their guests. Other than that the hotel is very clean with no odors and looks classy.

5 min walk to sky train and river. Near Robinson Mall w/Starbucks, McDonalds and a Food Court. Free boat shuttle every night 5pm- 12am to Shopping and Eateries (a must). Catch at river dock far left.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a view over buildings which is ok and lower views give you more of a street v...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Location great, access to transport and local eating and shopping without having to travel.
Had made this reservation (and two others) directly with the hotel more than 5 months ago, so was not paying any 'discounted' price, but the direct hotel price. Of note is that all payments have to be made on check-in, so one has little leverage.
Had a 7 night stay and sadly disappointed.
Be very sure to ask the front desk staff to show you a range of optional rooms. Arriving late I did not insist that I be shown other rooms for the same price. They certainly stick you where they can and to occupy the darker, dank and tiny rooms. While I was aware they were reasonably busy, they were by no standards full and management had little interest in helping or making a room change because I had already made full payment for accommodation.
Be cautious it is not totally smoke free, especially when you are at the end of the air conditioning line and have limited access to fresh air.
Internet access is very poor especially when you are in their interior room as I was.

Room Tip: Definitely ask to see comparable rooms otherwise you will get stuck in any small cramped dark and di...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
bossotel, General Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, and recent stay at Bossotel Bangkok. It is great to hear that you found our location convenient has a positive impact on your stay.

However, please accept our apologies for the service you encountered during stay. Once thank you again for your feedback and we will share with the team for further development.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Duangnate N., Ms.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This has been my third stay at the Bossotel and I will happily return again. The location and price cannot be beaten. The hotel is not luxurious, but it is comfortable, clean and the buffet breakfast is very good. It's a 5 minute walk to the Shangri-La, which is a great place for a riverside cocktail. 5 minute walk to either the Skytrain or the river pier- between these two access points you are able to see many of the most popular sights of Bangkok city. A very short walk to the Skybar and a great massage place is literally next door to the hotel. Short walk to Robinson department store, 7/11 and a few restaurants and absolutely no problem catching a taxi when needed. I love this place!

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a non-entry level room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel now on three occasions over the past years.
It was very comfortable, the premises throughout were clean, the buffet breakfast on offer was plentiful and varied; our Superior room # 605 was most comfortable. Location was great, being within easy walking distance to Saphan Taksin BTS station and Sathorn Pier.
Good value for money!
As for brickbats:-
(a) I went to reception with my laptop connection. I explained I could not connect to the power point in our room to charge my computer battery. The adapter I had already bought with me didn’t connect for some reason. At other hotels in S.E.Asia I have been given the loan of an adapter, but this staff number gave a shrug and said ‘Robinsons” I bought an adapter at that nearby store for about 300 Baht (about $10Au). He was not helpful!
(b) While the staffs were generally friendly, we found the reception staff not so, except for one young lady who had a brilliant smile. I find a smile given is most times returned. Maybe it’s to do with the hotel practice of guest being asked to leave their one key set at reception, to be lodged in a pigeon rack and be asked for on return. As a result they may see too many guests, coming and going, to be bothered.
We enjoyed our stay of 6 nights. We are hoping to return to Bangkok again in 2015, and certainly we’ll stay at Bossotel Bangkok again. It has our recommend.

Room Tip: Superior room # 605 suited us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Good location next to bst and water taxis. Good breakfast is included. Rooms are a good size. Great value for money. The massage salon is one of the best I have been to in Bangkok. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel itself is average when it comes to standard of accommodation. However, it is definitely value for money. The location is brilliant, it is very close to the water taxi station (walking distance), you can walk to the pier and take a full day pass, and travel over the river at very reasonable price. It is also walking distance from eating places, whether it is street food or a mall which has Starbucks, Mc Donalds etc. Also, it is very close to the SkyBar at Lebua which is a must visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great riverside area location, easy walk to sky train, river boats and area outside of hotel has many spa and restaurants right there provides easy access.
The rooms are basic good space, clean and the hotel provides quite atmosphere on quiet street no street noise at all.
Breakfast provides changing menu on buffet daily, lobby almost nonexistent and sporadic wifi in rooms.

Stayed: February 2014