“Very basic rooms. Air con, hot water...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New Merry V Guesthouse
Ranked #318 of 1,283 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Very basic rooms. Air con, hot water, cable TV with movie channels. No refrigerator. Main attraction is the location, just 100 meters or so from the River Express boat pier. Close to Khao San, but quiet. A plus is Ricky's Coffee Shop and an ATM and exchange booth in the lobby. Ok value for what you get.

2  Thank kwaidum
There are newer reviews for New Merry V Guesthouse

Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a cheap hotel for the budget conscious traveler. Well, they do have "deluxe" rooms in the back which are more expensive than the one's facing the street and they are also up to higher standards. I stayed in both -deluxe and normal a/c rooms. The price difference is at about 300baht and can be well worth it if you're there in the hot season (march to sep).

The service personnel is friendly and helpful.
Please make sure that you carry your own padlock for your room, since they have been reports of theft.

Overall I highly recommend this place, it is located close to Koh San Rd and is near to the river pier.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank b77Europe
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Room was small but ok for the price we paid. I would definately get a room with a/c in Bangkok as it can get very hot and stuffy. We only had a fan in this guesthouse which didn't do an awful lot apart from move the hot air around the room. Location-wise Merry V is ideal especially for backpackers. For a large guesthouse it was quiet too. There are better places for better prices nearby.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We heard about this place from a friend who stayed there and said good things about it. We stayed three nights in Bangkok and had a excellent room with A/C and cable (2 beds) for 550 Baht. Then we came back and stayed another night a week later and got the room next door which had pretty worn beds, which was less than comfortable. As others have said, get a room on the backside because they are quieter. Staff was very helpful with any questions we had. It has a decent location, near the night market and khaosan Road (though close to an hour from either airport).

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed here alone for 3 days whilst waiting for friends. I'd moved from Koh San as I couldnt stand the grubby rooms and constant noise. For only 100BHT extra (400BHT total) I had an immaculate room with its own bathroom, TV and aircon. As I recall it even had a fridge. After staying in 7 or 8 other guesthouses in Bangkok and looking at several more at similar prices this one wins by miles. In fact so highly do I reccommend it that next month I am returning to Bangkok on a far higher budget than last time but I will still use this accommodation as I was so impressed last time.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2007

My husband and I loved this place. It's really small but really clean
and fresh. Nice beds, great air con, tv, little frig, nice shower. If you're in Bangkok to get out and see stuff and don't need a big fancy place it's perfect. If you're on a tight budget but don't want to sleep like a backpacker anymore (in dirty, iffy places) it's perfect. It's located just around the corner from the loud and touristy section and gives you a nice distance from the chaos. If you like the touristy stuff you're still right there. Close to lots of sights that you can walk to and across the street from a riverboat dock.

Stayed: April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2004

If you do get one of the cheap rooms ( no bathroom or air-con) ask if they have one on the end or with a window. I have stayed at this place a couple of times because it's close to alot of the attractions and it's easy to get public transport to other places of interest. But, the first time I had an end room - with a window - the second time I was in the middle of a row of small rooms and the window overlooked a shaft that runs up the center of the building. There was also another window directly opposite mine. less than a meter away, so privacy was an issue. Definitely a good budget choice. Be aware, the travel agent downstairs seems to keep irregular hours. I was trying to change a ticket I bought with them and they just didn't open and no-one could tell me why. Perhaps it was a one off - a family emergency or similiar. The girl who runs the internet shop is extremely helpful with anything you need - internet, ph. calls, scanning, printing. It would be nice if the girls at the desk smiled once in awhile when I came in and out though.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member