“Designer bowling”

Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Designer bowling”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was curious to check out SF Strike Bowl MBK as the interior was done by the same team behind Long Table and Bed Supperclub among other Bangkok projects.

It's evident that this designer bowling alley has a lot of the same curvy touches as those venues. The lighting and loungy seating manages to be both futuristic and retro at the same time.

When I returned on my latest trip, late on a week night, it was quiet as in customers but with speakers playing at volume the thumping r'n'b and ravey dance music ubiquitous in the city.

A few hitches with my drinks order and with the pins on the lane were promptly and effectively dealt with. Could it be that the basic set-up needs a bit of TLC?

I can't claim to be an expert bowler - in fact I lost to someone who had only previously bowled once before. However, despite this humiliation I had a great time.

Further embarrassment came when I jumped in the wrong elevator and we somehow ended up in the garbage disposal area.

Still, SF Strike MBK with it's interesting, modern take on bowling is a fun night out.

Visited September 2013

• Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Broken Lanes, Terrible Communication skills”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went with my fiancé today to SF Strike Bowl at MBK. We both love bowling and thought it might be a great activity to do to get out of the heat during midday. It would have been great if any of the two lanes that we were switched between functioned correctly. We would roll a gutter ball for example, ( we never said we were good bowlers haha) and the pin setter would go off knocking over 2 pins and it would count them to our scores. When we tried to communicate the issues that we were having, the language barrier was just too difficult to overcome. Even though they switched our lanes twice with a smile on their faces, we paid 580 baht for 2 games that weren't accurate. There were two gentlemen bowling beside us having the same issues and they were unable to help them either. They spent too much money on lighting and sound and not enough on the outdated scoring software and pin setters. The music was ok, but I wouldn't recommend for anyone with young children. No censoring and a LOT of swearing. All in all, we left this place very disappointed.

Visited January 2014