“Deals are not that good anymore”

King Power Duty Free Complex
Ranked #315 of 557 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thailand's pioneer duty free retailer
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Manila, Philippines
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Deals are not that good anymore”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I always drop by the downtown Duty Free complex when i'm in Bangkok, as I want to take my time checking out what's available, which i cannot do when i'm already in the airport. So I went again during my recent trip.

I used to get really good deals here, especially on bags, skincare and perfumes. Some deals were even better than when you buy in the airport duty free. But on my recent trips, the deals are not that good anymore. They have vouchers for 10%-15% discounts but only on limited sections and you have to spend at least 10k or 15k baht in one section before the discount can be availed of.

And it has become really crowded lately (especially when i dropped by last July, there was just too many people that shopping for skincare products became somewhat stressful and there were shortage of staff to assist customers).

Overall, i might still drop by the downtown Duty Free on my next trips to Bangkok. But if i already have specific products in mind, i might just buy at the airport.

Visited September 2013