“useless” 1 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“useless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

this place is big and over priced , dont waste time here , it's over priced and they would lure you with duty free system which is just worthless. Dont go unless you have some free money to waste.

2 Thank snafoo200

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Semarang, Indonesia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Nice complex but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

This place was easy to reach with free shuttles provided for you if you book in advance and if you dont, they still give a free tuk tuk ride from the victory monument BTS station. The whole place is nice and comfortable with cafetaria to satisfy your hunger. However, all these conveniences comes with a price, a higher price that is. Souvenirs costs more than double for the same thing in a place like Asiatique. Food gifts are also very expensive in my opinion. We dont shop for luxury merchandises so we cant comment on that.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hendrik0711
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We are currently staying next door at the Pullman Bangkok King Power hotel so we were pleased at the convenience of the Duty Free complex next door. We recommend going there late evening as during the day there are dozens of coaches frequenting and you can't even jostle to get near the makeup counters. We found it more pleasant going there in the evening.
Upon entering the complex we registered and we were given discount coupons of 20% off, 15% off and 500 baht off purchases over a certain amount.
We really only wanted Estée Lauder makeup and out of the 3 items I wanted to purchase, their selection was extremely poor. They only had 1 of the 3 items I wanted in stock. It was also ridiculous and frustrating that they had a tester for another item I wanted but none in stock. So I decided to try the next shade darker but of course they had no tester for that. They also had a tester for eyebrow pencil duo on display but when I asked to purchase that they had none in stock and I was then told they don't sell them in Thailand anymore.
It was extremely disappointing to come here and find testers on display but they either don't have or carry the stock.
We also bought at this duty free because of the vouchers but we were not allowed to use them and we were told there is only a 10% maximum discount on Estée Lauder.
We were also not handed our products. When we asked for them we were told we pick them up from the airport.
So despite the above mentioned issue and disappointment regarding the products, the staff were very difficult to understand and seemed disinterested in serving customers. We saw a few actually putting their make up on with the display testers. Highly unprofessional. One of the women who served us was on her mobile phone the whole time even when she rang up our sales on the register.
In future I won't bother coming here again and would recommend leaving your duty free shopping to the airport. I have never had any problem buying everything I need there.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank fnv280872
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unhappy!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We purchased product from here worth over $200 and had all the stuff taken off us, in Bangkok before we left, as we were going via Australia. They looked at our boarding passes and said yes we could purchase!!! The staff here should know all this, especially as I questioned it.
Appalling service so buyers beware!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Donna H
Manila, Philippines
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Deals are not that good anymore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I always drop by the downtown Duty Free complex when i'm in Bangkok, as I want to take my time checking out what's available, which i cannot do when i'm already in the airport. So I went again during my recent trip.

I used to get really good deals here, especially on bags, skincare and perfumes. Some deals were even better than when you buy in the airport duty free. But on my recent trips, the deals are not that good anymore. They have vouchers for 10%-15% discounts but only on limited sections and you have to spend at least 10k or 15k baht in one section before the discount can be availed of.

And it has become really crowded lately (especially when i dropped by last July, there was just too many people that shopping for skincare products became somewhat stressful and there were shortage of staff to assist customers).

Overall, i might still drop by the downtown Duty Free on my next trips to Bangkok. But if i already have specific products in mind, i might just buy at the airport.

Visited September 2013