“Lot many brands under one roof”
Review of King Power Rangnam

King Power Rangnam
Ranked #292 of 585 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thailand's pioneer duty free retailer
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Brilliant idea by the organizers to have so many brands under one roof and that too duty free.you can enjoy shopping there

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

this place is big and over priced , dont waste time here , it's over priced and they would lure you with duty free system which is just worthless. Dont go unless you have some free money to waste.

2  Thank snafoo200
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This place was easy to reach with free shuttles provided for you if you book in advance and if you dont, they still give a free tuk tuk ride from the victory monument BTS station. The whole place is nice and comfortable with cafetaria to satisfy your hunger. However, all these conveniences comes with a price, a higher price that is. Souvenirs costs more than double for the same thing in a place like Asiatique. Food gifts are also very expensive in my opinion. We dont shop for luxury merchandises so we cant comment on that.

2  Thank Hendrik0711
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We are currently staying next door at the Pullman Bangkok King Power hotel so we were pleased at the convenience of the Duty Free complex next door. We recommend going there late evening as during the day there are dozens of coaches frequenting and you can't even jostle to get near the makeup counters. We found it more pleasant going there in the evening.
Upon entering the complex we registered and we were given discount coupons of 20% off, 15% off and 500 baht off purchases over a certain amount.
We really only wanted Estée Lauder makeup and out of the 3 items I wanted to purchase, their selection was extremely poor. They only had 1 of the 3 items I wanted in stock. It was also ridiculous and frustrating that they had a tester for another item I wanted but none in stock. So I decided to try the next shade darker but of course they had no tester for that. They also had a tester for eyebrow pencil duo on display but when I asked to purchase that they had none in stock and I was then told they don't sell them in Thailand anymore.
It was extremely disappointing to come here and find testers on display but they either don't have or carry the stock.
We also bought at this duty free because of the vouchers but we were not allowed to use them and we were told there is only a 10% maximum discount on Estée Lauder.
We were also not handed our products. When we asked for them we were told we pick them up from the airport.
So despite the above mentioned issue and disappointment regarding the products, the staff were very difficult to understand and seemed disinterested in serving customers. We saw a few actually putting their make up on with the display testers. Highly unprofessional. One of the women who served us was on her mobile phone the whole time even when she rang up our sales on the register.
In future I won't bother coming here again and would recommend leaving your duty free shopping to the airport. I have never had any problem buying everything I need there.

3  Thank fnv280872
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We purchased product from here worth over $200 and had all the stuff taken off us, in Bangkok before we left, as we were going via Australia. They looked at our boarding passes and said yes we could purchase!!! The staff here should know all this, especially as I questioned it.
Appalling service so buyers beware!!!

1  Thank Donna H