“Brilliant Bar/Restaurant”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The Red Tiger Bangkok is a pub and eatery on Sukhumvit Soi 20 for the more discerning customer. You'll enjoy our extensive food and drink menus in a relaxed, ambient environment. We cater for friends, families, businesses, foodies and sports fans from home and abroad.
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Bar/Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I was in Bangkok for a few days either side of my holiday and found this on my travels. Its got a bit of everything: great beers on draft, fantastic western and thai food (good value as well) fantastic sports coverage and great service. The outdoor terrace is huge as well and great for sitting out any time of the day. They also have outdoor TVs if you want to stay outside and watch the sports coverage.

After my holiday around the islands i came back and ordered western food this time and is was just as nice as the thai! The staff are polite, good fun and provide a brilliant table service.

When i think of the amount of pubs in the UK that serve terrible food and are over priced, this is better than most pubs ive been to in London in terms of food and service. Id highly recommend it to anyone- familes couples and groups of friends who fancy a night out on Bangkok and being waited on hand and food. 5 stars no doubt

2 Thank Philfulham87

Aljezur, Portugal
“Best Restaurant/bar in Bangkok”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was on my way to Koh Samui and stopped off in Bangkok either side of my trip. I stayed in the Best Western which was just across the road from The Red Tiger. So I decided to investigate. To begin with the staff immediately made you feel welcome. You can sit inside or outside on the huge terrace, which can be covered in rainy weather. The beer selection is excellent, catering for real-ale lovers as well as the local brews of Chang, Tiger, Leo etc. The great thing about the menu is the mixture of western and Asian dishes. The Thai chef is a magician, and home-cooked me one of the best steak and kidney pies I've ever eaten. Naturally, I was there for breakfast - and what a breakfast! You can select from a full English or a full Scottish - both having all the trimmings. There are other breakfast selections if you cannot manage the 'big one'. On the return leg of my trip I tried a Thai ccurry, and this was also superb, and was far superior than anything I'd eaten in Koh Samui. A great bar, a great restaurant, fantastic staff, and I'll certainly return on my next Thai trip.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Cormac M
Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent bar/restaurant. Friendly staff. Great location.”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having read some of the recent reviews, I can only assume that the staff have changed or other reviewers are talking about another place!!
I ordered from the extensive menu and the food arrived promptly-with a smile. Expertly cooked and good value (I had the Vegetable Pie).
The beer is kept well-one of the best draft pints I've had in Sukhumvit/Asoke area (travel here yearly).
The place is stylish in looks with a huge outside terrace. Ideal for the live music nights, televised sports and watching the world go by.
Highly recommend this place to anyone visiting. It is great value and quality.
Will be spreading the word!
To all at at The Red Tiger-thanks for your hospitality and fun evenings. I can't wait to visit you again on my next trip.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Claire W
Bribie Island, Australia
“A nice spot to enjoy a quiet ale”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The outside deck is a great spot to relax and people-watch. A guitarist/singer was in residence when we were there and his performance was pleasant, if perhaps a little obtrusive at times.

Prices are reasonable enough, though the waitress quoted "happy hour" prices when we first arrived and all drinks were later charged at full price - there is really no excuse for this type of incompetence/ignorance. However, it has to be said that the staff give a good impression overall - they are busy, polite and attentive. Toilet facilities are spotlessly clean and this cannot be said for many similar establishments in the general area.

Not a bad spot to while away a lazy hour.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank brisbanepete001
London, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit for the specials nights ”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Been twice now and the curry night on a Monday and pizza night on a Thursday makes for affordable dining and food that is not the best ever but perfectly good. Friendly staff, happy hour drinks and a comfortable outside seating area make this worth a try. Free Wi-Fi available too. Friday night for those who need it is fish and chips for thb 199 instead of thb 315 but have not tried it. Will go back.

1 Thank peter c