“Disgraceful food”
Review of The Red Tiger - CLOSED

The Red Tiger
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The Red Tiger Bangkok is a pub and eatery on Sukhumvit Soi 20 for the more discerning customer. You'll enjoy our extensive food and drink menus in a relaxed, ambient environment. We cater for friends, families, businesses, foodies and sports fans from home and abroad.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Disgraceful food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sunday Roast Beef 50-50 meat to fat. Chuckes the bartender likes to pull Paulaner and place in a Sapporo glass and charge accordingly. Slovenly service with a premium on self importance. At least there were fewer English Football Hooligans than normal.

• Visited May 2014

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great food & bar”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Rembrandt Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 18 and found that you could get to Soi 20 by cutting through the side of the hotel to all the many restaurants on this particular side street.

We visited the Red Tiger on our second night as we had read good reviews on Trip Advisor and were looking for a choice of Thai and European food.

We were not disappointed and found the restaurant at the back entrance to the hotel and surrounded by lots of other good restaurants giving a variety of food choices.

We settled for some good, British food and had bangers and mash and a nice John Dory fish dish which were both excellent. They also had a good selection of English, Irish and Thai beers. Good pub style food if that is what you are looking for with live music and sport thrown in.

The prices were good and well worth a visit if you are staying in the Sukhumvit Road area, or at one of the many hotels in that area.

• Visited March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Another Great visit to The Red Tiger”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Another great visit to the Red Tiger on Soi 20. There was an Irish band playing on the Terrece great night and excellent selection of beers.
We had an assortment of Thai food and some of the bar snacks all very tastey and great value.

Next time I'm in Bangkok I'll visit again

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John S
California
“The Red Tiger: A Great Place to Relax Under the Stars”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

At the time I write this, the Red Tiger has a 4 out of 5 and a 411 ranking out of 2944 restaurants, based on a number of strong reviews. I am largely in agreement with the majority of the positive reviews. The Red Tiger occupies a good spot in the rankings, all the more remarkable given it's been in operation less than a year.

Along with many other reviewers, I Iove the terrace. It's a wonderful place to sit with friends and enjoy a beer and good food. A brilliant idea by those who designed the bar.

As for the beer and food, the former is cold and refreshing, and the latter is quite good. I've been here 4 times and I'll be back.

I overheard the restaurant manager talking with another patron about a suggestion concerning a food item. I was very impressed with the attentive attitude of the manager. He clearly cares greatly about pleasing the clientele and is open to suggestions. He's great!! With a manager like this, I predict The Red Tiger will continue to get high marks. I know I'll be back in the next few days.

I haven't given The Red Tiger the highest mark because I think that while the staff has got the basics more than right, they now need to focus on some details, such as providing tartar sauce with a "Fish Burger With Tartar Sauce" without being asked, and a steak knife with a beefsteak. A table knife with teeth does not cut a steak as good as a steak knife.

Still, I'm looking forward to returning to the Red Lion...and I can't wait to have that beer on the terrace.

1 Thank Keisekreiner
Bangkok
“One of the best pubs in Bangkok”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've been to the Red Tiger several times and it's becoming one of my favourite pubs in Bangkok.

One of the best features is the huge outdoor terrace, a great spot to sit outside with a cold beer on a balmy Bangkok evening.

There is a large selection of beers including some premium imported beers. Happy hour runs daily with some good deals.

There is a large variety of food, I've sampled a few of the "pub grub" options, on my most recent visit I had sausages and mash which had 3 large, tasty pork sausages and decent gravy for the mash.

Service is friendly, prompt and efficient.

Overall, for a hearty meal and some nice beers in a pleasant environment, The Red Tiger is hard to beat.

• Visited January 2014