All reviews budget hotel phaya thai bts station central world big c main shopping shopping area nice hotel train
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Room was very decent and clean. Ugly guesthouse, but decent. Breakfast was allright.
It tookus a while to find the guesthouse though, it is a bit in between market streets in busy neighborhood.
I found personal very cold and not willing to help or even talk to us.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bracelona
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is a hotel only for travelers who seeks bed to sleep on. Internet service is poor. Then again, the whole of Bangkok has bad internet connection. Taxis and tuktuk have no idea where this is, nor do they know Phetburi road. I would suggest printing out the map to hotel to show your driver.

Anyway, as I mentioned, the hotel is only good for sleeping in, and nothing more. I guess for westerners the hotel is definitely value for money as they pay practically nothing to get bed and breakfast. The massage place, well, there are cheaper places as you walk out to main road. And yeah, it is situated in a dark alley behind the bustling night market, so it is a bit dark and eerie at night. Best to NOT walk alone there.

And really, only 1 pillow per bed? oh, and over 200 channels on TV and none was in English or any other language but Thai, so much so that even Nicholas Cage spoke Thai! So, if you only need a place to crash in late at night and leave early the next day, then, this is perfect.

Quite honestly, I'd pay a little more for better comfort and peace of mind...the photos are deceiving...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Shasharina
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've stayed there for two nights at the start of my trip to Thailand. The hotel is close (walking distance) to the Pratunam market but since a little on the side of it, it's a quiet area. The hotel room was clean, hot water available in the bathroom. Wifi available, and downstairs in the reception area there are two computers you can use for free. Breakfast - ok, nothing special. Nice and friendly staff.
Overall - quite good although, now having had some experience with other hotels/rooms/hostels, I'd say it's a little too pricey for what you get.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Beata D
Reviewed 16 December 2013

i had a very bad experience with the staff of this hotel. This was my last night in thailand, and i met by person a friend i had known on couchsurfing. We hanged out for dinner, and we stayed out till about 3.30 am. She wanted to go back home by taxi but she didnt feel safe to go alone at that time of the night, so i told her to feel free to come to my room(i had payed a double room, so where is the problem?)
when i was entering the hotel the man at the desk told me that, if i wanted to bring her to my room, i should have payed 300 BHT to him, and leave him her id card!
i complayned saying that she wasnt a prostitute, that she just didnt want to go back home alone!and the man answered that if she was a boy, no problem, but she is a girl, so i have to pay.
I felt treated like a man who goes to prostitutes, and she was very sad that they thought this of her.
I never had such a bad exerience.
Wen i checked out i gave back the key, and they didnt give me back the money tilla man didnt go to control the room!
UNBELIEVABLE.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank nikolo00
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Rooms are clean, pillows and bed are good, there is even a hot shower. Breakfast is buffet style,few choices, no pork but serves the purpose. We requested to have a packed breakfast on our check out day since we had to leave early but nothing was prepared.

Good internet connection in the lobby. There is a tuktuk that could take you to the main road since it is a long walk. This is close to the night market but a little far from BTS. Overall, it was a good stay.

Date of stay: November 2013