“Very Unique and interesting way to Tour Bangkok”

Bangkok Walking Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #62 of 239 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us on fun off-the-beaten-path adventure walks in our beautiful city and and exciting day trips to the neighbouring provinces, discovering the old and the new, going where only the locals go. We aim for an authentic experience, where you really feel at the end that it was worth it. Whether you're into history, traditional culture, popular culture, photography, architecture or you just want to get the juiciest, funniest, weirdest stories to impress your friends with, we've got you covered!!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Once you've done all the regular tourist attractions, Bangkok can seem like just a big spread out urban mess. But when we went on the Dragons Stomach Tour with BKK Walking Adventures it really brought the back streets to life. We saw parts of the city that we would probably be too nervous to walk down and really got a glimpse of the backbone of Thailands Capital, Highly recommended.

Highlights for me were the crocodile in the temple (It was rescued by the monks) and the Nightingale Olympics Shopping centre. You have to see that one to believe it. So interesting :-

1  Thank edenexposed_com
BWA-Management, Owner at Bangkok Walking Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thanks for the nice review! Seeing Bangkok (and other provinces) in a new way is what we are all about. We're very happy you enjoyed the tour! :)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked two private tours in two days during our visit in Bangkok, both were wonderful and amazing! First we had as our guide Apple, she took us to different temples and provided great explanations and insight, she was nice and friendly and always accommodating to our needs.
2nd day we were with Les, he was amazing, very knowledgeable about the history of places and took great care of us, he took us to places off the beaten path, which would have been impossible to visit, we got to see the salt camps, the jungle temple and a great religious park with a huge dragon 4 storeys high! Overall a great experience if not the best part of our visit in Bangkok.

4  Thank BruMex29
BWA-Management, Owner at Bangkok Walking Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for those kind words! We really try our best to bring our visitors something different. Happy and satisfied customers at the end of the day is what we are doing it for. Thanks for letting our guides take you around, and see again on your next visit! :)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is the second time I've chosen Bangkok Walking Adventures. Last time I went on a walk in Bangkok and it was great. This trip I made sure I had more time and I chose two different day trips to the provinces around the city. It was AMAZING!! When you think of Thailand, most people thing "Grand Palace', 'Jim Thompson House' and that tourist trap floating market - where it's you and a million others. On these two tours we visited incredible places and the guide had really funny and interesting little did-you-knows to tell about everything. There was a genuine floating market with not a tourist in sight - except us :) - I saw fish walk and monkeys swim, we stopped at the salt farms, an enormous dragon with cool nuns taking care of it, scary statues at the 'Garden of Hell' and instructions how not to get there in the 'Garden of Heaven', the Ancient Siam park with lovely old buildings, and at the end of the tour a gigantic three-headed elephant where you can go inside to see an incredible museum. I simply cannot say enough about these guys. They really go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a really good time. BOOK THEM - they're so worth it! For me, they still have other walks and tours I haven't done, so next time I'm coming back again, for sure.

3  Thank Jeff D

Very kind words! We are just really happy you enjoyed your tours. Reviews like this is what we are doing it for - visitors who enjoy the trips and walks, and feel like coming back. Thanks so much! :)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I did the Dragon's Stomach tour and it was a real treat.

Given I was in Bangkok during the protests, these guys kept me abreast of the situation and took me on a private tour through Chinatown and Little India. Given it was just me on the tour, it went for about 2.5 hours.

Suffice to say, it was a brilliant experience. I would never have wandered through these places nor would I have learned some of the really quirky and unusual facts about the sights, temples and stores. There were also some food and drinks stops too.

The tour guide really knew his stuff, and his passion and enthusiasm for the sights and sounds of Bangkok are infectious.

Highly recommend a tour with these guys if you're in Bangkok. I know that if i'm ever back in Bangkok, I'd do another tour with these guys without hesitation.

2  Thank cmore10

Thanks so much for the really nice review! Knowing that our work is appreciated helps us to continue bringing walks and tours with a difference. See you on your next visit :)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

A great tour that shows different and hidden parts of Bangkok. in the 3 plus hours walking around I heard not just about the city but also about the people, food, monarchy, religion, and so much more. I loved the fact that the guide had perfect english and was full of knowladge and that you could see he's not reciting things. if you take one tour in Thailand, make sure it's with BKK

1  Thank YaelMDO
BWA-Management, Owner at Bangkok Walking Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We like to include details our visitors are interested in. We encourage everyone to ask as many questions as possible, to personalise the tours. In the end, we're there to make sure our visitors have a great time, and it certainly seems you did - that's all we aim for! See you again next time! :)