“Perfect place to rest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #356 of 10,602 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, European, British, Healthy
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Description: Originally an old Teak house that was rotting away on the corner of main road Sam Sen and Soi 1 (Thanon Lamphu)CHOMP The Comfort Cafe was created to fill the need for something different in the area.As much as possible of the original building was salvaged and the newly renovated 2 story cafe mixes homey red brick and industrial era features with wooden floors & ceilings in the old Thai building. Big glass windows are perfect for people watching in the hussle and bussle of Bangkok daily life while still enjoying natural light and staying cool in the air condition no matter what the weather.The second floor is a large roomy space with a kids play area, a family seating section with sofas and comfy chairs. It acts as an art gallery exhibiting local artists & photographers on a monthly rotating basis. Functions, parties, playgroups along with other community and social events (Poetry readings, Comedy nights etc) also take place on the 2nd floor. We have Yoga classes, BJJ Jiu Jitsu & more
“Perfect place to rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant two days in a row and I'm sure I'll come again when in Bangkok. The food was tasty and well presented and the waiters and waitresses (both Thai and international) extremely friendly in a laid back way. When we came in the second time one of the girls greeted us and spoke with us for some time. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing and perfect for taking a break from the city. The prices are higher then usual (I paid 6 euro for dinner and beer) which is still ok for such a friendly little place (and higher prices hopefully mean better paid staff).

1 Thank Pavicka

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
“Delicious fresh food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Chomp is easy to find and even easier to love. The food is unquestionably it's strength, with service and style following close behind. There is so much to chose from, from French to Mexican to American to Greek, and all very reasonably priced, definitely in the price range of most travellers. I reccomend this place very highly, Gilly will look after you!

1 Thank Lily D
“Fabulous western food plus very child-friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

visited chomp for lunch with my 7 year old and 4 year old. Fab food, great atmosphere. My son had the kids bangers and mash and was in heaven. Sausage genuine western kind-yummy! My daughter had the cheese and tomato pasta dish with bacon. Yummy! Portions are generous. I had the beef burger- the pattie a bit undercooked but other than that -no complaints! Toilet very clean and even had a toddler seat ring thing. They also have high chairs and drawing paper and colouring in stuff to keep kids happy! Thank you so much-lovely overall experience.

1 Thank Michelle W
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lovely South African Surprise in BKK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

A cute little western restaurant run by a South African in the heart of BKK. I had their huge 500g burger which was nice except the patty was basically raw. I don't mind rare food but this burger was blue and I'm sure most people wouldn't like it. My gf had a BLT which she thoroughly enjoyed. The host is great and very friendly. The only thing to bear in mind is that it isn't as cheap as most places in Thailand but I do think that it is good value for money.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MischievousMice
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Ants in the eggs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at Khaosan Immjai down the road so ate here for breakfast the first morning.

The food was ok, well presented but over priced. In my partner's full english were three ants. In the menu it says (paraphrasing), "please tell us if you have any problems, we want to improve our food and service." So we did tell them, the owner rushed over from here cigarette and computer to say it must have been in the butter and apologising. She sent the breakfast back and they under-cooked two fresh eggs and put it all on a new plate. That's not too bad I suppose, but the owner then sat back down and apparently uninterested if the new food was ok.

The bill came and we fully expected the breakfast or a drink or something to be taken from it as an apology, unfortunately nothing was. I find this unacceptable, we had ants in our food and had to pay the full and expensive price. Not very good customer service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles