“Probably the best restaurant we have been to in thailand”
Review of Chomp

Chomp
Ranked #345 of 10,959 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Description: Originally an old Teak house that was rotting away on the corner of main road Sam Sen and Soi 1 (Thanon Lamphu)CHOMP The Comfort Cafe was created to fill the need for something different in the area.As much as possible of the original building was salvaged and the newly renovated 2 story cafe mixes homey red brick and industrial era features with wooden floors & ceilings in the old Thai building. Big glass windows are perfect for people watching in the hussle and bussle of Bangkok daily life while still enjoying natural light and staying cool in the air condition no matter what the weather.The second floor is a large roomy space with a kids play area, a family seating section with sofas and comfy chairs. It acts as an art gallery exhibiting local artists & photographers on a monthly rotating basis. Functions, parties, playgroups along with other community and social events (Poetry readings, Comedy nights etc) also take place on the 2nd floor. We have Yoga classes, BJJ Jiu Jitsu & more
“Probably the best restaurant we have been to in thailand”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

At first we came for the coffee and wi-fi. We asked the owner a question about local banks and she was super friendly, the place seemed nice so we decided to return for diner.
And what a smart decision it was.
The diner was great. Amazing unique food, meat and vegetarian, at normal prices, great service from the staff and the owner which personally recommended me the best coffee i ever had.
A restaurant with character which is a rare thing in Bangkok and in general.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
South Australia, Australia
“Great friendly place - amazing food”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Chomp on 6/8/14. The staff are friendly, the service is quick and the music great. We both are beef burgers and they were delicious. The lemongrass iced tea is the best I have ever tasted. This place is a must visit.

1 Thank Daryl M
Adelaide, Australia
“Fabulous meal and ambience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We came to Chomp based on the positive feedback read on this site and it did not disappoint. Excellent service and delicious food .. the lemongrass iced tea is to die for!

2 Thank Carol S
Buffalo, New York
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When I lived in Bangkok I frequented Chomp more times than I can count. Each time was wonderful, whether it was to go there and get work done or to grad a bite with friends. The salmon pasta was my favorite dish on the menu and sometimes I would treat myself to a chocolate milkshake for dessert. Gili the owner is awesome (miss ya Gili!) and was always so accommodating and great to talk to! Can't wait to get back to Bangkok and visit one of my favorite places!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Susan1231
“Perfect place to rest”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant two days in a row and I'm sure I'll come again when in Bangkok. The food was tasty and well presented and the waiters and waitresses (both Thai and international) extremely friendly in a laid back way. When we came in the second time one of the girls greeted us and spoke with us for some time. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing and perfect for taking a break from the city. The prices are higher then usual (I paid 6 euro for dinner and beer) which is still ok for such a friendly little place (and higher prices hopefully mean better paid staff).

• Visited July 2014