Chern Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$81
Okura Hotels
US$260
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsgiant swinggrand palacevending machinekhao san roadpad thai restaurantgolden mountainwat saketlaundry roomhotel feelcommunal areasbed dormminute walkwithin walking distancecommon roomtaxi driverprivate bathroomplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

It's beyond my expectation, I thought I read Hostel but staying there for 3 nights, it is more like a hotel for me.

The room is very nice, well decorated and clean. They clean the room and give free water everyday. Also, there are free soaps, shampoo, and towels. They even change the towels if you ask for it.

The hotel itself is very modern, clean and gives great ambience. Especially after a long day walking around Bangkok. I often enjoy some time at the common room.

The location is far from MRTs or skytrain. But it is close to many famous sites : Wat arun, Wat pho, Grand Palace, Wat Saket (Golden Mountain). You can walk to these sites and enjoy some snacks along the way. In the morning, if you walk to Wat Pho, you could also stop at a market nearby to explore some local snacks. If you are not fond of walking, take a taxi and always make sure they are metered.

You can also ride boat ferries to Yaowarat, or boat taxi to Siam. It is quite an interesting experience for me. At night, walk a bit and find the most famous Pad Thai in Bangkok (if you're lucky, you don't have to get in line). Most of the hawkers around are too delicious to tell.

Overall, I really had a wonderful trip thanks to Chern. The staffs are very helpful and kind. Thank you, keep up the good work!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SingingBelly
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly! the rooms were clean, spacious and modern. Wifi was fast (you do need to re login after a while but you can just keep using the same password so not a big deal). It's in a good location to get to sites in the centre and it's quiet at night. Overall a lovely stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaPe231
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hostel is central, modern, clean, very friendly and has a sense of community if you're planning on staying long. We stayed for 1 night and found it to be exceptional value, and everything you could ask for. English speaking owners who are helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here at the start of our 3 week thailand holiday and was very impressed. Helpful staff always friendly and offered advice on train tickets and prices for taxis and tuk tuks. Really clean throughout. Good air con and some English TV. This is much more like a hotel than a hostel. Close to koh San road and Chinatown. Also close to train station and about 350 baht from airport in taxi. Would highly recommend as great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've been to more than 30 hostels across 5 countries in the last 2 years, and Chern is on top of the list. Here's why:

I started my Thai journey on Kao San road, where all the tourists are. It's outgoing but I could not escape from the noise and get some good sleep. I also found that prices are pretty high everywhere because it was packed with tourists. I used tripadvisor to find a good place and Chern came out on top, for a backpacker budget at least. It's only a 5 minute walk from Kao San so I gave it a shot

I got myself a dorm room for 400 baht which is 9 euros. The rooms have unlimited internet, aircon, each bed has a private light + a plug for your laptop, 4 beds max, a quality locker, a shower with shampoo + soap and a AC device in it. The linnen is cleaned with some kind of softener, and refreshed every day.

I have never seen this value for this price before. On Kao san I paid the same price for a fan room with that was barely ever cleaned, crappy internet and toilets which make you wonder if you can sit down without worrying about hygiëne.

On top of the value for the room, the owner does everything he can to make your Bangkok - experience the best he can.
He'll explain to you how to get to any place in Bangkok without overpaying taxi drivers. He taught me Thai massage and wants 0 baht for it.

It's clearly his passion to make your stay a great memory, and because of this I look forward to visiting Bangkok in the future. I think it's more of a passion than a job.

Best place I've ever been to, and I'll be back here for sure

Room Tip: The dorm rooms are the best value for money
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo