“Poor service, unhygienic & horrible staff”

Armoni Hotel Sukhumvit 11 by Andacura
Ranked #523 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my husband had been to this hotel 2 weeks back. We had the worst experience. The staff was not at all professional. We enetered the hotel and were not even greeted or assisted for our luggage. The staff was just sitting and watching. Then we got our room which was on 2nd floor. The ambience was okay but with terrible noise of some construction nearby. And to top it up was the breakfast. Just 1 omlettle, 2 breads n canned juice with no option. Overall bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PriyankaMadane

Reviewed 6 July 2013

They had a good idea in designing this hotel (nice contemporary styling) but they must have gotten the cheapest and most crooked contractor to build it since so many things don't work. In my first room, the air conditioning did not work and the lights kept flashing on and off. It was very hot. After an hour of callig the front dest and having the engineer finally confirm my complaint, I was given another room.

The air conditioning did not seem to be much better, but I unpacked, showered, and went to meet my friends for dinner. When I returned later, the first thing I noticed was the music from across the street was extremely loud in my room. I discovered that the window was open a few inches. When I went to close it, the entire window fell out. Fortunately, there was a ledge on the second floor that caught the window with a load crash. I looked in shock and there were three or four people on the street that looked up at me in horror. If the window had landed on someone, they would have probably been killed. I went downstairs this time and talked to the manager who was already aware of the commotion on the street. This time I was given an executive room where almost everything worked (the towel rack kept fallen off the wall every time I removed a towel or put one back). After an hour of calming down and thanking my lucky stars that no one was seriously injured I fell asleep.

The included breakfast was really bad too. Cold eggs and a couple pieces of raw bacon fat. Avoid this hotel.

I wil say the location is good. HOwever, there are a zillion hotels within a few blocks.

6  Thank RedwoodResident
Narry Hotel M, Manager at Armoni Hotel Sukhumvit 11 by Andacura, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Redwoodresident,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am so sorry to learn of your disappointing experience within the hotel. Please kindly note that we have certainly taken a serious action of the matters you have raised.

We have closed the room for the window maintenance immediately and now it’s completely done also every windows in all rooms also have been inspected as we are more focus on the guest’s safety concerned and we are glad to hear from our Engineering team that there was none of them get in the bad condition.

Please also be noted that your other comments on breakfast and the working of our air condition were also in our management’s attention, too and will be taken most seriously in order that the situations like this will not reoccur. We also hope we still have opportunity to restore your faith in us and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Have a nice day

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I had ever had. Complimentary breakfast everywhere has a buffet menu where you can eat till you are satisfied. This hotel had the following for breakfast - 2 slices of bread, 2 fried eggs, 1 glass of juice, tea.
Can you tell me how one would be satisfied with just 2 slices of bread and 2 eggs? It is simply not enough for a breakfast. We had to get to a very bad argument to get the next slice of bread. The staff was very arrogant, the owner Mrs Narry was even worse. She also shouted at me for asking for another slice of bread.
Even this simple breakfast was not served on time. It took them 25 min to serve us 2 slices of bread and juice. I asked them to serve atleast the raw bread fast so that we could leave on time. That was also not done.
Every other guest who came there got into a quarrel with the hotel staff especially the male staff wearing black uniform. A quarrel early in the day spoils the whole day for the tourist. Finally, we had to leave for the trip with the stomach not even half full.
We treat even the beggars better than this.
There are hundreds of hotels to choose from. Please avoid this hotel to save your day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jadoogar99
Narry Hotel M, Manager at Armoni Hotel Sukhumvit 11 by Andacura, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Jadoogar99,

Thank you for taking your time to writing a review of your feedback regarding your breakfast, we appreciate your comments and apologize that the hotel service doesn’t meet your expectation for this visit. However; your comments are now in our high attention and has been discussed within our management to ensure your point has been solved.

The breakfast service and breakfast menu selection was challenged us a lot to improve as you may know that the hotel didn’t provide breakfast buffet so we have to ensure the additional top up request is reasonable and not too much over each guest’s entitlement. For example; we could not provide 14 sliced of breads for a couple of guest to take away from the restaurant, means we have to balance the requested to ensure that every request by our guest is handling suitably and properly.

Again we apologize that a part of your experience was under a perfect. Thank you for pointing out the way we can improve. We hope to welcome you back in the future and it would be appreciated if you could let us know personally for a furthered assistance or even your next travel plan to return Bangkok.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed there for 1 day.This is a good property .The staffs are very helpful.I have checked in at night as i have missed the flight,so has to stay there.They ave given me free up gradation and also has given a good rates for 1 night stay.The rooms are small.They have got tea maker with LCD TV in room.The wifi is free.The bed is very good and i had a great sleep.The hotel is very small and very less noisy. You can stay there if u want to stay in good and cheap hotel.The rooms are better then what the other 3 star hotels give.I would love to stay there again as they are giving good service in less cost.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The best features are the modern rooms and proximity to the Nana BTS station. I found the staff to be very helpful, even to the point of running out on the street to find me a taxi at 4 a.m. I left too early to try the breakfast. My only complaint is that the water in the shower was erratic - quickly switching from cold to scalding. This shouldn't happen in a new building.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear The Scotch Traveler,

Thank you for taking your time sharing the comments which I am certain that it’s benefit for all other travelers, too. We also appreciate your positive comments mentioning the location, cleanliness, and the design of the hotel.

On behalf of Narry Hotel Nana team, thank you again for taking the time to post your review. I also hope you may have the opportunity to return again to Narry Hotel Nana so please feel free to let me know when your travels bring you back to Bangkok, my email address hm@narry.com.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Cheap Clean and Modern hotel, close to Sky Train. We managed to get a double room for £23 a night. The hotel is down the bottom of Soi 11/1 so its quite quiet in the evening , but still very handy for the night life. And street stalls

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

i stay at this hotel for 5days. the hotel is at goof location, closed to everything: sky train, temple, bar, restaurant... but i dont know why there are always spots on the floor, bathroom was not nice even it is new hotel.
the stafff looks not professional and unfriendly.
anyway, because there are a lot negative reviews so that i had very good price.

• Stayed: April 2013