“Spick and span”

Ranked #613 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
kolkata
“Spick and span”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was a very peaceful stay. Indian staff. Location was good, walking distance from Happening area at the same time in a peaceful lane to have a nice sleep. Rooms were really good and very modernized. one minute walk from NANA Bts.

Would definitely love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anandbhatter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Norwich, England
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed her for just one night at the beginning of our trip to Thailand. I chose this place for it's proximity to the skytrain and wasn't disappointed, it's only 5 minutes walk (at most) from Nana station. I was a bit apprehensive having read some the reviews on here but was pleasantly surprised. The reception staff were friendly if a little slow and our bags were carried up to the room for us. The room was big, modern, stylish, clean and comfortable and everything worked. (Don't know about the TV - who goes to Bangkok to sit in their room and watch TV?). We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so I can't comment on that. Overall, for just over £20 a night I was more than happy. Reading some of the reviews it seems that some people expect champagne for beer money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Candolim, India
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel is value for money if you are picking a place for clean room/clean bathroom , located next to restaurants/pubs/rail transport (BTS).

But if you are looking at a gr8 breakfast, good lobby, nice restaurant well this is not for you. The place serves functional break fast. The lobby is the bar/restaurant also.

The staff was very courteous but when I was checking in the entire front office staff had left so the manager of the Tailoring shop (also owned by the same owner) was checking us in and it took me 45 min but when I checked out the staff had come and it took me just 5 min.

The place has lot restaurants /pubs located in the surrounding. Most of the restaurants arund serve Indian food or thai. The place is 5 min or 300 mts or so from the BTS station called NANA.

Room Tip: All rooms are of decent size, don't need to pay extra fro the suite as its not really any bigger...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Well located just a few minutes walk from Nana Skytrain station and also the lively Soi 11 with a plethora of eating places within a short walk. The hotel looks like a renovated old building and is actually very tasteful. Where it falls down though is on the standard of hospitality - we had to repeatedly ask for towels and toilet paper and the breakfast was quite dismal.

Having said that though, we paid next to nothing so no complaints all round. Highly recommended for price and location if nothing else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I were put up in this hotel for 1 night on 21 July 2013 (thankfully it was only 1 night). Our experience here was very bad.
We had just arrived after a 4 day vacation at Phuket. We were allotted a 'Superior room' which was extremely small and conjusted.
The window of the room opened to a dirty filthy opening of an ajacent hotel kitchen with some construction work happenning on the other side. As there was no scope for fresh air, we tried to adjust the temp of the AC. Surprisingly, the AC temperature never set to what we wanted. The air was cool but the bed was extremely warm. We felt the humidity with 20 degrees temperature.
And like the others have mentioned- the breakfast was the most hopeless experience. no buffet. 2 slices of bread, 1 omlet, 2 sausages and orange juice( limited to only 1 glass) and tea/coffee.
My husband was refused another glass of juice with a reply "sorry Sir..only 1 glass juice".
This is something I have never seen anywhere!

the only positive thing with this hotel is that the receptionist in the lobby was extremely helpful. She guided us to places we wanted to visit and agreed to safeguard our luggage in the store instead of keeping it in the lobby after we checked out.

We strongly urge you to avoid this place. not worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reena A

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my husband had been to this hotel 2 weeks back. We had the worst experience. The staff was not at all professional. We enetered the hotel and were not even greeted or assisted for our luggage. The staff was just sitting and watching. Then we got our room which was on 2nd floor. The ambience was okay but with terrible noise of some construction nearby. And to top it up was the breakfast. Just 1 omlettle, 2 breads n canned juice with no option. Overall bad experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank PriyankaMadane
Boulder Creek
Reviewed 6 July 2013

They had a good idea in designing this hotel (nice contemporary styling) but they must have gotten the cheapest and most crooked contractor to build it since so many things don't work. In my first room, the air conditioning did not work and the lights kept flashing on and off. It was very hot. After an hour of callig the front dest and having the engineer finally confirm my complaint, I was given another room.

The air conditioning did not seem to be much better, but I unpacked, showered, and went to meet my friends for dinner. When I returned later, the first thing I noticed was the music from across the street was extremely loud in my room. I discovered that the window was open a few inches. When I went to close it, the entire window fell out. Fortunately, there was a ledge on the second floor that caught the window with a load crash. I looked in shock and there were three or four people on the street that looked up at me in horror. If the window had landed on someone, they would have probably been killed. I went downstairs this time and talked to the manager who was already aware of the commotion on the street. This time I was given an executive room where almost everything worked (the towel rack kept fallen off the wall every time I removed a towel or put one back). After an hour of calming down and thanking my lucky stars that no one was seriously injured I fell asleep.

The included breakfast was really bad too. Cold eggs and a couple pieces of raw bacon fat. Avoid this hotel.

I wil say the location is good. HOwever, there are a zillion hotels within a few blocks.

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank RedwoodResident
Narry Hotel M, Manager at iCheck Inn Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Redwoodresident,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am so sorry to learn of your disappointing experience within the hotel. Please kindly note that we have certainly taken a serious action of the matters you have raised.

We have closed the room for the window maintenance immediately and now it’s completely done also every windows in all rooms also have been inspected as we are more focus on the guest’s safety concerned and we are glad to hear from our Engineering team that there was none of them get in the bad condition.

Please also be noted that your other comments on breakfast and the working of our air condition were also in our management’s attention, too and will be taken most seriously in order that the situations like this will not reoccur. We also hope we still have opportunity to restore your faith in us and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Have a nice day