“Malena”
Review of Silom Serene

Silom Serene
Ranked #267 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Very friendly and helfull staff. They cleaned the room very good, it waws always clean. The pool need some cleaning so we never spent our time there, But the greatest thing about the hotel is the location, it's near the BTS sala deang station and 2 minutes walk from patpongs nightmarket. Over all it's a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MalenaMarcello

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel in last Aug, my trip here was on business purpose. It was good staying here because everything is in the walking distance, you can find almost everything near the hotel. Overall the staff was friendly and helpfull with one accident, they didn't pick up my laundry bags which quite upsetting for me. The room was good, bed was nice, but the bathroom is a bit old and there's water leak in my room. Breakfast selection was not much but OK considering you can find almost everything in the street vendor

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at Silom Serene for 5 nights on my first ever trip to Bangkok in November 2013. The hotel offers good value for money, and things are, as they are supposed to be. The service is friendly and welcoming, My room was large and comfortable, and the atmosphere of the hotel was nice, albeit not overwhelmingly friendly, just correct. My room had a nice desk, which is a plus for me, as I can't travel without also having to bring my work. Internet was supposed to cost extra according to the information I had been given, and I was OK with that, because the rate for my room was very reasonable. But I wasn't charged for internet at all, which was a nice bonus. The speed wasn't exactly impressing, but it was acceptable, and the connection was stable without any problems.
I had booked a room for smokers, which (being a smoker) I appreciated was possible. The room didn't smell bad.
The location is perfect if you like to go out at night, and furthermore the easy access to metro and Skytrain is a huge plus.
Breakfast was OK, but without variation. They cook excellent omelets, and they also got my soft boiled eggs right, which was a first for me in any hotel. I would have liked to be able to choose some cheese and a few cold cuts.
I ordered room service during my first night - probably it was my jet lag which triggered an appetite at 1 AM. It was delivered promptly, the food was really good and the price was right.
During my last night there were problems with the air conditioning in my room. The motor had stopped running. It was at 1:30 AM I discovered it, and they immediately sent a technician to try to fix it. He got it running, but only for a few minutes. I was promptly offered to change rooms, which I wasn't crazy about - so they asked if I would give them an hour to change the motor, which I accepted. They worked hard, solved the problem and kept their promise of spending nothing more than one hour. I don't blame anybody for a problem like this - there is no way of avoiding that things like this can happen. But I was more than impressed by the way they solved it. I could get another room, or I could stay, either way they made sure that I would be satisfied. In the middle of the night. That was really very good!
Next time I come to Bangkok, I'll book Silom Serene again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this motel. Really love it's location and the service of the staff. Rooms are really clean and well serviced. Good amenities as well as good range of food for breakfast. Served some of the best eggs I have ever had. Will definitely being staying here again when I next go to Bangkok

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank neilstravels
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was our (family of four) third stay, there is a reason for our returning there and we will almost certainly be staying there again in the future. The visit was in July, not the peak season, a very good rate was offered on the hotel website and included wifi in the two non-smoking rooms located near to each other. The hotel is situated a few metres down a quiet soi (side street) but within easy walking distance to the Sky train (giving you easy access to the river or the malls), shops, pharmacy, restaurants etc - as well noted in earlier reports. It is an older, 3-star hotel but respectable (Pat Phong is not far away!) well run and maintained. The standard rooms are a good size though the bathroom has seen better days - I got the impression that parts of the hotel/rooms had been renovated but not the bathrooms as yet. It has a small swimming pool and though we did not have the buffet breakfast it looked pretty standard/ordinary but expensive. There is no shopping arcade but turn right out of the hotel and a small bakery is close by, turn left and a 711 is a few metres away and opposite is a side street with a market. The staff at the front desk are usually very helpful and efficient. We booked non-hotel transport to Dream World (a theme park) through the front desk and the driver waited all day for us for a very reasonable price. Transport back to the airport was again efficient and reasonable. As we were leaving at midday, I dashed across the street and bought a large bag of cooked Thai food dishes from the market stalls knowing airports are expensive. The security guard on the x-ray machine at the airport laughed when he saw what was going through the machine but let the food through (thanks) and we had a another great Thai meal before we left. It really is a bonus knowing the food is generally safe. I am happy to recommend the hotel, my rating is based on a 3-star hotel and my thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed in quite a few places in Bangkok but Silom Serene is a great place. $50 (September 2013) was a great price for the room (and internet). Now mind you the rooms are a little dated, but have all the comforts. The hotel has a smallish pool which can help you relax at the end of the day. I did not have the breakfast but a good friend of mine was was staying there at the same time did and he said the omelets are great but other then that it was not spectacular.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

It is located in Silom Soi 3 about a 10 minute walk from the BTS, MRT is not too far.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was our third stay at Silom Serene, and will definately be back. Location is the best! A quiet oasis hidden down a side street, yet within easy walking distance to two BTS stations, Patpong Night Market, local bars and restaurants (and our dentist!). Rooms are clean and comfortable, we had a view of the pool area. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nice selection for breakfast with fresh and tasty food. The attached restaurant also does amazing Thai food for very reasonable prices, and has a happy hour on beers each day. Has a small pool area with nice surrounds and we seemed to be the only ones who ever made use of it! Overall we highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Bangkok. It's the only place we will ever stay!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify whether you want smoking or non smoking as they have designated floors for each