“Service With A Smile!”

Ranked #146 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney
“Service With A Smile!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Grand Swiss is just a few minutes walk from Nana BTS steps on Soi 11...it is 100 meters on the right hand side located down the first side soi you hit.The hotel is less than 2 months old now and it goes without saying that the rooms and hotel facilities are spotlessly clean and fresh.I also found the hotel to be very quiet with no complaints about noise.All the hotel staff are female and can not help you enough with special thanks to everyone regarding the concierge girls the desk girls and the two girls in the 180 club lounge who were very professional and whose service with a smile was exceptional.There are plenty of bars and restaurants also on soi 11 with a thai garden restaurant directly over the road from here.Book direct with the hotel for best rates at the moment.I am not attached in any way to this hotel by the way.Jed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors at the back are best!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank SydneyJed
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear SydneyJed,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Grand Swiss Hotel. I am delighted you had a great time with us.

Grand Swiss is just at the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 11, and just steps away from Nana BTS station. This is one of Bangkok's most popular and vibrant entertainment scenes and near the Terminal 21 shopping center. The hotel just newly opened on May 1st, 2014. We are glad you found our hotel room and facilities are spotless clean and fresh. I have shared your comment to my entire team, from the concierge girls, the front desk girls, especially to Ms. May and Ms. Mai who work at 180⁰ sky lounge, it brought them even a bigger smile.

Once again, nothing to gratify us more than to know that the services from our team member are thoroughly appreciated. Thank you for your recognition on our hard work to ensure that our guests will leave with a memorable experience.

We are looking forward to providing you with the best service at Grand Swiss Hotel in the nearest future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Staying in Thailand for 1-2 months every year, we have reasonable experience.

We stayd 3 nights at and Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 is a new establishment and it shows, good and bad.

The staff all around was very attentive, from bell "boy" to housekeeping, to executive lounge, to manager and receptionists. Absolutely nothing to complain there. They made us feel very welcome at every turn.

I had booked an executive room and upon entry I was offered with a room that stared at a wall! No way we stay looking at an unfinished building for 3 nights! Luckily the staff was very courtious and changed us to another side of the building - and the room was great!

I made friends with a mr. who had booked 6 months stay at the suite and noticed how the staff actually went to 7/11 to pick up some beers for us after they closed. Points for that too (yes we paid a nice tip).

Just two negative points - the rooms are dim, it is impossible to get the room lit up in the night time. But this is a lesser thing.
Second - the competence of the reception staff.
I told the reception the night before we have to check out at 06:00 just to let them know.
Yet, nothing was ready. I calculated that it took exactly 20 minutes for us to check out. They wanted my credit card 3 times for something, and I was handed the wrong bill. I had to open the envelope and check this to be wrong. This resulted a delay that made impossible for us to have the quick breakfast we planned before heading to the airport. This made us very grumpy too.

Unfortunately I cannot say enough about how unpleasant it is to check-out at 06:00 and have to deal with waiting, waiting, waiting when there are a duty manager and three of her staff just fiddling around. When we know we have to get to the airport and we are also hungry.

Overall the breakfast is average, for example lacking of cheese, but they will try to accomodate you if you ask.

Yet, overall the stay was pleasant. But PLEASE get a room from not the back side! There is no noise - if you get the room from the back side you will stare at a WALL from 3 meters apart!

Room Tip: get a room from NOT the back side! There is no noise anyway - if you get the room from the BACK si...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lare
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear lare,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. I am delighted you found our staffs are attentive and made you feel more welcome.

It had been with my pleasure to meet and talk to you during your stay at Grand Swiss. I ensured that your comments had been well explained and you were satisfied with it.

Regarding your new made friend told you that our staff went to buy 4 bottles of beer at 7/11. Please allow me to share with you that he wanted to drink beers after all outlets were closed and refused to go to his room. The staff called to the duty manager for the permission of going outside to buy him a beer. The original bill from 7/11 was presented and staff was given tip a 20 Baht for walking outside. We extremely disappointed to know that our hard work to satisfy him was insulted.

I apologize for the negative experience on your check out process. We were sorry for the credit card had been asked twice upon checked out as the first bill was presented not included mini bar consumption and we found it after you paid. I have shared your valued feedback to all of my team and we embrace it with open arms. We have provided training to all staff continuously and what you have experienced is not the norm.

Thank you for your valued feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com if I can be of assistance to you on your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was staying briefly for a night in the hotel, however, the experience was tremendously delightful; the staff, the hotel manger, the food, fantastic shower.. Best of all are the bed and pillows - they are the most comfortable in my recent travels.
Hotel is very close by BTS Station, getting around is a breeze. I will definitely return to Grand Swiss. Just one thing, need more lighting to brighten up the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VWu888
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear VWu888,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly happy to know your experience was tremendously delightful.

As our goal is to ensure our guest are offered the highest standard of comfort and service by our staff, especially to you as a single woman traveler. We are grateful that myself and my team could be of make your one night stay at Grand Swiss a memorable experience.

Regarding to your comment to have more lighting to brighten up the room, we have brought up to our meeting and will try the best to complete our guest’s satisfaction.

Thank you for your encourage wonderful review once again, my team and I will look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Hotel manager
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I visit Bangkok often and usually stay at another property run by the same outfit. Got a promotional email announcing the reopening of this property and stayed here just to give it a shot. For a short stay this property is highly recommended. The totally refurbished property has new everything. Lobby, lifts, rooms, you name it. The staff were very helpful and the service was great. The breakfast is adequate and not over the top. Room size is decent. The approach from Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a bit tardy with construction going on at an adjacent property but, once you are inside the hotel it is refreshingly new. I am going back.

Room Tip: Get rooms that are at the back. Although there is no view, this side overlooks a small alley and the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BigBlackYak
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear BigBlackYak,

Regarding to the breakfast which we focus on the quality delivery to our guests, I have shared your feedback to our executive chef and her team in order to give our guests more complete and satisfying experience.

Thank you for your highly recommended our hotel to the others. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our product and service. We believed that those are the main keys to make your stay a memorable experience.

We all at Grand Swiss Bangkok will look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Elanora Heights
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great hotel with great staff who can't do enough for you. The hotel has all the features , gym and pool though both are on the smaller side, and very comfortable and modern rooms. Just off the main Sukhumvit Rd and is somewhat difficult to find even for the limo driver! Well recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Bernard W,

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review for our hotel and for your wonderful compliments on our staff.

We are glad to know that you liked our modern- Thai room designed and it was very comfortable for you. Our gym and outdoor pool are located on the 7th floor where you can find the nice relaxing after your busy day.

Besides, guests staying in executive rooms also have complimentary access to the 180° lounge on the rooftop of the 19th floor. You can enjoy relaxing in the sky lounge atmosphere in a cushy seating with complimentary drinks and snacks from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

Thank you once again, my staff and I are truly happy to know that we have met your expectation and we all send our appreciation to you for recognition of our hard works. We look forward to provide you with the best service at Grand Swiss Hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

this is a brand new hotel which i stay 3 days 2 night here; i wish take this oppotunity to thanks the front desk manager miss PLE and her team for the excellent n professional services while handling us 'the trouble maker' sincerely appricated, if there is a chances i wish to be back and stay here, reasonable price with 5 stars service n room!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Issac t,

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback regarding your stay at Grand Swiss Hotel. We are delighted to know that you have a positive experience with us.

I have shared your comment with Miss PLE and her team that their excellence and professional services provided to you were appreciated. It certainly brought smiles to all of them. Your wonderful comments about them will certainly lift their spirits as they tirelessly provide service all day long to our guests.

Thank you once again and I and my team at Grand Swiss Hotel hope you have a chance to come to Bangkok again so we will ensure an even better experience and service for you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stumbled on this hotel by accident, had to stay in Sukhumvit for a few days and wanted something clean and quiet. This hotel is new and tucked away on Soi 11, the all female staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for you. The beds are the most comfortable we have had while travelling. Easy walking distance to all the night life and the ladies at the front desk will tell you anything or help you with any problems. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reasonable priced hotel, with clean rooms and good staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene T
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Arlene T,

Thank you indeed for finding and taking the time to share your experience with us and we are happy to have been able to serve you and make your stay an enjoyable one.

We appreciate your compliments of our location, products, services and cleanliness. I have shared your feedback to our team member as these gracious comments gives us an encouragement to offer only the best to all our guests.

Thank you for recommend us to anyone who looking for a reasonable price. Please visit our hotel website for "Grand Opening Special Rate offered" or kindly contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

We truely look forward to having you back with us so we can make your experience even better.