“Good location, standard room”
Review of PJ Watergate Hotel

PJ Watergate Hotel
Ranked #618 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Best part of this hotel was its good location which was surrounded by many restaurants and located near to many shopping centers. The other thing that impressed me was its fast wifi. Room itself was a standard room with standard amenities provided. Breakfast was just okay. Water heater temperature was not stable.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really good value for what you pay. It's not a flash hotel, but the rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and accommodating, the buffet breakfast had a good selection and the location is excellent. About a 5 minute walk will take you to the skytrain stop which services the airport, making it quick, cheap and easy to get there (no dealing with traffic and taxi drivers trying to rip off foreigners!). There are many restaurants down the main street that the hotel runs off of. Even though it's down a side street I always felt safe walking down there alone. There are also a string of massage shops close by. A 10-15 minute walk will take you to the platinum shopping centre. A longer walk, or a quick taxi/tuk tuk ride will take you to siam paragon/mbk etc /the sky train which services a few areas. I would stay here again as it was cheap, clean and easy to navigate my way around the hectic city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AliArchAU
Reviewed 27 June 2014

we arrived here early morning, yet they gave us accomodation, though check-in time was 2 pm. They were very cooperative staff. The room they gave us was big and quite comfortable, clean, near to all the big shopping centres. Taxi was easily available outside the Hotel. The reatuarant had variety of food, ( no Indian food, ofcourse). The chef went out of his way to make the Noodles the way we wanted, the meat we asked for, the sauce we r used to. over all it was a pleasent stay, not to forget the Complimentary breakfast, it was quite a good spread of Thai and Continantal. would recomend it ...

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are a bit more brighter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rek-kis
Reviewed 15 June 2014

In May, I booked for one night using the website http://pjwatergatehotelbangkok.com/ and the associated booking agency securehotelsreseravtions.com.
After completion of my booking, I received a confirmation email saying " Your reservation is confirmed and your card has been charged ".

However, when I arrived at the hotel, the staff could not find my booking, did not accept the confirmation email as a proof of my payment. It is only 2 hours later that I met a staff member who accepted to phone the boss of the hotel. So far, I had been treated with disdain and their strategy was to make me wait as long as possible in order to discourage me. The boss assured me that even though the confirmation email says that my card has been charged, the card has not been charged and I had to pay...
As I tend to trust people, I paid at the counter and stayed at PJ Watergate for 1 night...

Today, back from my trip, I viewed my bank account and got the unpleasant surprise to see that the BOOKING AGENCY INDEED CHARGED MY CARD. And that the BOSS OF PJ WATERGATE LIED TO ME.

I am willing to believe in a bug in the booking system but I want my money back.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the contact details of PJ Watergate. I mean the actual contact details of the hotel, not those of the booking agency as presented on http://pjwatergatehotelbangkok.com/

I agree to change this review if PJ Watergate contacts me and offer to pay me back. I have documents to justify what I say.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Leo V
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its a decent budget hotel at affordable price. Located in a shopping district you have easy access to shopping malls and cheap merchandise. The rooms are decent and clean and the service is good. They serve you good breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor or near the lift would be preferred.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eezin
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a budget and best value for money! I think PJ is the place to be! I was there for 4 nights and there was no issue at all! (OF COURSE NOT AS 5S ).

Staff was very help full and breakfast I heard best in town and was not bad !

You will get maximum what you expect from a 3 S hotel !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chandana F
Reviewed 11 April 2014

P J Watergate is a budget hotel situated at a commercial area in Bangkok. I recommend this hotel for business travelers. Hotel looks clean and tidy and also rooms are clean. There buffet style breakfast is worth for money.I hope to visit this hotel very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business