“Cheap, Comfortable, and Good Customer Service”
Review of Grand Inn Hotel

Grand Inn Hotel
Ranked #745 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel last November 27 to November 30 and it is very convenient to everything you wanna go in Bangkok. Situated in Sukhumvit Soi 3 we didn't encounter any problems of getting lost as the reception and staffs were very helpful and accommodating. They speak english well and the rooms are just good for its price. Expect Big beds, Cable, Ref, and Bath Tub. Room is spacious so we did not have any problems with our clothes and what we shopped in Bangkok.
Pros: They have a restaurant overlooking the city and it was the best thai food I ever tasted.
Our rooms are cleaned every day and everything is secured because when we went out one time and I left my phone, when we went back the reception told me that their room attendants found my phone inside the room and just left it there. :)

Cons: The aircon on our room was dripping. Good thing there was a rag.

Room Tip: Choose fromthe 6th to 7th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaycee D

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Pros : Very helpful and informative staffs. Room with street view were large and functional. Bathroom with bathtub. Located in city center very close to skytrian station and restuarant. Cons : Breakfast too basic but cook fresh.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Agoda, to stay for Mr first two nights in Bangkok. I ended up booking another night so stayed for three.
I then traveled up to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai for six days and did not look for any other hotels when I returned to Bangkok, I stayed another two nights.
The staff here speak excellent English and are very helpful and friendly, I stayed in three different rooms and they were all clean. Everything worked well, TV, shower, safe, air con, kettle etc.
This hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of the action in Soi 3 (Nana). I will be booking another two or three nights here next week.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bluenosedub
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Where do I start.. What a nightmare! Rooms are nothing like in the pictures. More like a hostel than a hotel. Dirty bedding with hair still in sheets from last guest. No hot water and lots of mould everywhere! Room safe wasn't even secured to anything so it was pointless, lovely views of rubbish filled lane way and lovely smell too! Air con worked every now and then but it leaked... Oh and the roof leaked too when it rained. They won't refund either despite all this. Room came with a balcony which was more like a scaffold structure, it was unsafe opening balcony door.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank CM1986
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were looking for clean, air conditioned hotel in good location for 3 night visit to Bangkok. We found that at Grand Inn.

We booked a "suite", and found it fine for the purpose. Fairly spacious, air cond, lift access. Friendly staff with good English. Centrally located between Nana and Ploen Chit BTS stations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I am my husband stayed in this hotel in August 2013. We like to travel on a budget and do not splurge unnecessarily. In my opinion the price is way above what you expect to get. Just not worth it. So to begin with, The hotel is difficult to find as it has a small main entrance which can be easily missed even if you pass by it a few times. It is terribly dark and dingy with loud decor. The room window looked out on a filthy narrow passage with a another dark and terrible look building on the other side. The building was so close that easily look into the room and watch whats happening. The wooden floor in the room was puffed at some places and broken at other. All i can say is thank God we only booked to stay for 1 night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, if it wasn't so late when we arrived we would have checked out immediately. However we had another four nights booked and did cancel, they refunded our money on the spot.

The hotel was smoked filled, absolutely stunk of cigarettes and we requested a non smoking room, even the linen stunk of cigarettes. The location is in a sleazy part of town, very noisy with partying going on all night. The stairs were full of rubbish, huge fire risk, the lift only fits two people at a time and goes so so slow. The décor was old, patched up areas on the walls and ceiling, bathroom was disgusting no hot water, not even luke warm water. No tea or coffee, no safe. I would never recommend this place ever.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is DO NOT stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple