Aunchaleena Bangkok Hotel
US$179
US$172
US$149
US$115
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Pretty basic. Room was a bit run down as was the hallways. Windows in room seriously in need of a clean. That said the bed was really comfortable. At 500 baht a night cant expect a lot. The photos online are a bit decieving. It was ok....i guess.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrew l
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hi every one !

Firstly, I strongly recommend that you should stay away this hotel at all cost. I accommodate in this hotel since May of this year but the memories of nightmare about this hotel are still fresh in mind. I came with a big group - actually, we are not the grumpy guests. At the first time, the wide and shiny lobby promise you this would be a luxury and clean hotel. After a few minutes once we have complete the check-in and go to the room, it was my bad surprise. The room is rather narrow (about 4.5 x 4.5 m) and it was totally dirty. The wooden furniture is out of date and it was decaying. The restroom is very small and the sink was broken. Moreover, there were a lot of zap or a kind of insect in side the bathroom - you might prefer to stay in this hotel if you are an Entomologist! About the bed of my room, the buffer is too old and I could not sleep, likely you are lying on a hole on bed. Moreover, the AC did not make the cooler air and after finding out the problem, the housekeeper told me that it was run out the gas as a reason. Beside that, the door's control panel of my room was burned (?? no reason), it's might cause of electric shock or something bad ... We have to you the regular key - not the magnetic key. Finally, the atmosphere of this hotel make you feel like you are living in a old hospital.

Pros:
- There were only on positive point. You would find a street coffee shop on the left - just 50 metes from the hotel, the coffee is good and it's gained 1 star from me.
- It's near the stadium and might be good enough for the football's fans.

Cons:
- As above complains. The location is very far from the city central. The hotel is located very near a big dirty sewer of the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Deisler
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed there for a few days in April and if on a budget it's a fine choice. Ok morning buffet, wi-fi worked (most of the time) and placed close to everyday-shopping. I do agree that it could need an overhaul generally, but for 1.000 bht a day I was more than pleased. If you have your business in the Lad Prao area and again are on a budget, it's worth considering.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HenrikLi
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Old, water damaged, stains, not updated or maintained. Nothing works. noisy A/C, leaking faucets, dirty hallways.....
Perhaps the worst place I have ever stayed at. They serve breakfast, but you got to get there early!! DO NOT TRY THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel is old and needs updating. This is not so uncommon but it is also rather dirty. I can put up with older fixtures and surrounding as long as everything is clean. The bathrooms are original and still have an ashtray built into the toilet paper holder. The shelves in our suite were full of dust and haven't been wiped off in weeks. The halls are dingy with dust all over the light fixtures. It seems like this place will be sold or torn down soon. The buffet breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple