“BE AWARED!!! If you do not want to have troubles in your trip, never ever stay in this hotel!!”

The Victory Executive Residence
Ranked #687 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Choose this hotel was the worst decision I have ever made. We lose money, time and almost ruined our trip because this awful hotel!! We booked this hotel at agoda.com and stayed in this hotel one night at Sep 20th 2013. The hotel and the room is very old, dark and dirty not like pictures they displayed. We were disappointed but fine with it because it was just one night stay. We never know this one night will become our nightmare and beginning of all big troubles! The staff in front desk kept my passport after check in process for no reason. I do not remember to ask them for return my passport once I checked out in a rush time since I never experience any hotels will keep customer’s passport. We found that they still had my passport after we have arrived the airport. We called the hotel and asked them to send my passport to the airport because we did not have enough time to back to the hotel. The guy who was in the front desk requested $400THB for the taxi fee for delivering my passport to the airport. Even we know that the true taxi fees by meter are $160THB, 30 min from the hotel to the airport, we still agreed the overcharged price deal because we need to get back my passport and catch our flight. After two hours waiting…no one shows. We called so many times during the two hours waiting and the guy who in the front desk keep telling us my passport is on the way and we need to pay $400THB anyway we keep wait or not. We wait over two hours in the airport for nothing and watch our flight left. We have to buy two new flight tickets since the flight we did not cached were non-returnable. However, we went back to the hotel to pick up my passport by ourselves. A short skinny guy (around age 30) who in the front desk still hold my passport and he request $700THB this time for return my passport. We found that this the same guy who was talking on the phone with. He requested overcharged fees but sent no one so we miss the flight and lose our money. After we wanted to call the police, the short guy in the front desk of the hotel agreed $400THB for return my passport. We paid them $400THB and get back my passport finally. We did not call the police because we do not want any more troubles at all. What a low grade service they have!? They never explained nor apologized for keeping my passport and all the troubles this caused. They just want to get MONEY~MONEY~MONEY from us by threaten in any chances. BE AWARED!!! If you do not want to have troubles in your trip, never ever stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiyon L

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The room I stayed in just looked "tired", in need of updating to be more modern/fresh/clean.

It was nice to have a hot bath (functional, but sealant cracked and moldy), good to have built-in aircond (functional, but it rattled and was so noisy), good to have an in-room Japanese-style hot water pot [a bit like a kettle but keeps the water warm] (but it had been stored wet, so the mold that had accumulated in the pipes came out of the nozzle - not sure if it is nutritious)...

The room pictures look great but in reality, although my room did have wooden flooring like the picture, it was nowhere near as bright as the pictures suggest - more dark and dingy.

There was also a door that (presumably) leads to the next room. I am not sure if it was locked but it was behind a large fridge/freezer unit, at least on my side. The people next door were talking until late and, being thinner than a wall, this wooden door did not do much by way of sound insulation.

Wi-Fi was unstable, as others have noted. At reception they said that I "could always come down to reception and use the Wi-Fi there". Well, yes, except if I am butt-naked having just climbed out of the bath and ready to go to bed! Anyway, I chose this hotel based in part, at least, on the included in-room Wi-Fi...

I paid 1K-Baht all-in, but I have stayed at better for the same price in Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank EricGen999
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean hotel, nice people at reception, close to skytrain (very important), good breakfast (simple but alright). At the 4th floor we didn't had WI FI and had to go to lobby each time for a good WI FI signal. Swimming pool on the roof, not so big but alright. I had to call a taxi in the morning we left (although i booked one in the evening before leaving ) because the reception forgot to do that.
Airport - hotel and hotel - airport trip with Taxi Meter(use just this kind of taxi) is around 200-250 THB (and the Highway toll is 25 THB , not more). 1 US$ is around 29(in the airport) and 31(in the city) THB (Thai Baht).
Have a safe trip and enjoy it !

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel are quites (no central A/C unit in front) and have a decent vie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgiii
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Location is quite good next to the train station, however, make sure you find it on a map before getting off the train as it is not easy to spot from the station. We booked and paid through booking.com and when arriving we were told that it was only a booking and that we would need to pay again. It was frustrating trying to resolve the situation with the staff at reception as apart from speaking very little English, they were very unhelpful and unfriendly (it was sorted out the next day when the manager arrived). The hotel was probably nice about 30 years ago but it is now quite rundown. Rooms are spacious but dirty, our sheets looked like they hadn't been changed as there were stains and hairs on them and the bathroom was quite gross. Wifi was iffy, ok for checking emails but not much else.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin C
Reviewed 4 August 2013

On the upside you'll get:
1) relatively good gym;
2) location close to both BTS Victory monument and Phaya Thau
3) probably special offers during low season
4) a real table to work, unlike a bench with a mirror in many studios
5) no noise around in the area

The downsides are specific and may not bother you:
1) mobile signal in the rooms is very poor (I stayed at the 8th floor), so mobile internet is hardly working
2) wi-fi is free, but its very poorly maintained, not stable. If it does not work staff simply goes to restart the router on the floor; but this does not resolve inadequate setup setting. For example, i was never able to connect to floor 8 routers...
3) my studio room was quite dark; to work i needed to switch on the light even during daylight.

If you need to do some work in the room for a relatively long period of time beware of the downsides, otherwise you shall be fine, unless you are Wi-FI addicted.
Breakfast is very basic, but its a good value given the price - you get greens and eggs, all you need.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Maksim_Avdonin
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel due to its proximity to the Phaya Thai Airport Link Station (a 5 minute walk) and the Victory Monument BTS Station (a 3 minute walk). Location is certainly good. The hotel is located one block back from the main road and was not too hard to find despite this address not appearing on Google maps. You are greeted with an older style hotel which probably has seen better days. The staff were friendly enough and the buffet breakfast quite good and certainly enough to fill up for the day on. There is a nice pool on the rooftop and a good view, although there is little shading from the hot sun. The room was a bit tired but large, with a desk, lots of cupboard space and a big bathroom, including a bath, something rare in Bangkok. Unfortunately two of the reasons that I stayed here were not acceptable. One was the WiFi - it worked on arrival for an hour or so but then stopped working for the next two days. The staff were informed of the problem but did not seem interested in fixing it. The second was the in-room safe they advertise - it was non-existent.
I travel to Bangkok regularly and like to try out different parts of the city to stay. The area around Victory Monument is good but I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We booked this apartment directly with the reception several days before we had to travel to Bangkok and they confirmed they accept small dogs, ours is a 6 kilo dog and travels everywhere with us.
The morning of our travel to Bangkok my wife reconfirmed the booking and they then told her they do not accept... pets at all. Obviously this was very inconvenient for us as we then had to try to find another place to stay at almost no notice.
I would not recommend this hotel as the reception staff do not seem to know what the hotel policy actually is!!!
I appreciate other people will probably not have the same problem if travelling with out a pet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple