“Absolutely brilliant!”

Steve Cafe & Cuisine In Town
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Ari
Description: On Steve Café & CuisineAt Steve Café & Cuisine, you will experience the unique taste of authentic, home-cook style Thai food. Every dish by our expert chef comes with full and fresh ingredients, herbs and spices, to relish your crave for aromatic, tasty Thai recipe. Plus, it comes in friendly price. Whether you are foreigners or teenagers, you can simply drop by and enjoy your delicious time. Voice of the owner: Sorathep R. SteveWhat is your inspiration to start Steve Café & Cuisine? Several times my wife and I were asked with this question. Well, it starts from me and my wife, and our love to explore good dining places every Friday night which, of course, spark a fun discussion, a critique among us. Despite the fact that operating restaurant is quite tough and competitive business, another important reason we decided to open up our own restaurant is that Khun Pat’s mother, who has rich experience being a chef at Admaker restaurant for so many years, gave a very generous piece of advice for us to start up our own restaurant where she could use her expertise as a chef and stay closer to a family. This restaurant business will also be another alternative for our youngest son who has hearing problem. This way, he could operate his own business and have sustainable source of income. So my wife and I were looking for the right location for Steve Café & Cuisine and we found 2 very nice locations - one is Along Chao Phaya River side (Dhevet) and second one is here Soi Rajkru. Why we use the name Steve Café & Cuisine? First of all, it was named after Steve, which is my nickname in English. We use quite a Western name to represents our concept of authentic Thai cuisine that can be enjoyed cross-cultural by foreigners and also the younger generation. We are really Thank you for your support us Pat-Steve
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The location is not very central, I would say slightly north for average tourists like us; the nearest BTS is called Ari and from there is approx 10 mins walk, or you could go by taxi however the cost depends on where you starting from - from the Lumpini area was approx THB100.

The restaurant is located in 2 separate building/houses next to each other, one being 2 floors, and the choice can be to eat in the open air or inside - I've chosen the one floor building closer to the road, inside only and with an amazing feature - it is a small room probably 6/8 tables built around a tree, YES you got me right there's a live tree in the middle of the room going up through the roof! That was absolutely amazing!

Steve has an older establishment on the riverside, this was just opened (about 4 months) and Steve himself was onsite when I went; he was extremely helpful in explaining the dishes and answering all my silly questions - thank you Steve!

The food is strictly Thai, and was absolutely delicious - what more can I say? Extremely good Thai food, and if you like it this place, or may be Steve on Riverside (which I was told need reservation) could be the place for you; table/chairs are all solid wood, very comfortable, and while I was there I've seen many Thai people there - a good sign I would say...

Try this, you won't regret it!...ohhh I was forgetting the cost is extremely affordable, so don't worry about this...

• Visited March 2014
Steve R, Owner at Steve Cafe & Cuisine In Town, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Our Value guest

Steve Cafe' & Cuisine would like to thank you for your visited and we are looking forwards to welcome you back again soon

• Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
“The Best Restaurant is Bangkok!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had dinner at Steve Cafe when we were in Bangkok and it was absolutely fantastic! The food was fantastic! Everything we ordered were great and the price for the meal wasn't very expensive either. The interior of the restaurant was simple yet nice and cozy. Their service was outstanding! My friend wanted to buy cigarettes but the waiter informed her that they don't sell that in the restaurant. However, the waiter was kind enough to walk to the end of the street to help her buy a packet of cigarettes from the shop. He forgot to buy the lighter for her, so the restaurant owner/manager gave my friend her own one. After dinner, we wanted to head to Asiatique and again, the restaurant owner/manager walked us downstairs, flagged us a cab and informed the cab driver where to go. We were truly impressed and grateful for the wonderful dining experience we had at Steve Cafe & Cuisine In Town. We hope to visit the restaurant again when we are in Bangkok again.

“Superb”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Atmosphere: Wonderful
Staff: Wonderful
Decor: Wonderful
Food: Sensational
The best restaurant I have eaten at in Thailand to date. Definitely worth the visit.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lauren T

“Food to die for”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having dined at Steve Place last year we wondered if the great experience we had there could be
replicated. We were not disappointed. Try the coconut soup wth chicken and the Steve Fried rice with tempura prawns is a must. Lovely staff, very attentive and his idea on the wooden style theme restaurant works well. Congratulations Steve and Pat.

“Really cool”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I love the place very much because of decoration in model style but serving original Thai food also friendly staff.

• Visited January 2014
Steve R, Owner at Steve Cafe & Cuisine In Town, responded to this review, 8 February 2014