“Memorable Stay”

Ranked #65 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Memorable Stay”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here from June 04' 2014 for 6 nights. Arrived late afternoon, had a smooth check in by their efficient English speaking staff. The One Bedroom Suite was even better then it looked in the photos on the website. It was larger then I had thought and kept in great condition. The Washroom too was big with two doors, one opening into the bedroom and the other into the Living Room. Very thoughtful as you could be staying their with kids or maybe another couple which would provide privacy . They will provide you with a username and password to use their wifi which works well throughout the hotel . In case you have more than one gadget to use they will provide you with as many as you need. The Suite included a Buffett Breakfast which was elaborate with the traditional fruits, juices, cheese platter, breads, eggs, and thai hot breakfast . Good enough to make a meal out of . They have a Lounge on the 15th floor which is accessible to all guests staying at the hotel . They serve complimentary snacks and coffee throughout the day . I think I shuts at 10 pm . Guests can use the Lounge in case of arriving before check In hours or after check out incase you have a late evening flight. On the 16th floor they have a Gym, Swimming Pool and the Washrooms which can be used by all guests. They have a great pastry counter in the hotel lobby. We tried a few during our stay and none of them disappointed us . The neighbourhood of Langsuan is full of expats giving the area a cosmopolitan look . You have a 7 eleven bang opposite the Hotel . Another supermarket Viila Market is also a 5 mins walk. The famous Lumpini park is a ten min walk and worth visiting . Starbucks is two bldgs away . The Portico a complex full of eateries is a two mins walk. A special mention here is the Lemon Farm, an Organic restaurant and Supermarket. The mercury Ville another complex with restaurants and Boots is 5 mins away thru which u can access the Chit Lom metro Station . In all a truly Memorable stay and this would be our first choice in Bangkok whenever back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank VashdevBajaj
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
The Cape House, Bangkok, is elated to hear that you had such a delightful stay with us. We are truly thrilled to know that you enjoyed our location, our staff and our services, and we look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.
Thank you again for your valuable review, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance via gm@capehouse.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was the best choice to stay in the Cape House during my visit in BKK. After 5 nights there, I can fully recommend it. Location is fantastic, style and service are brilliant. I felt so comfortable there.

Check in was easy, service is always friendly and helpful. Cape house understands itself as "serviced apartments" and this is why they ask you to use your creditcard already during check in and not when you checkout. That was suprizing, but no problem.

The quality of the house if great. I liked very much the interior design. Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room !

The business lounge is very nice and has a wonderful view on BKK. Wifi is free everywhere and fast enough to watch videos.

Every time again! Thank you Cape house team !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank flame19
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
The Cape House, Bangkok, is delighted to hear that you had such pleasant stay with us, and we look forward to seeing and serving you again upon your return to Bangkok. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our staff, our services, and the décor of our property.
Thank you very much for your positive review, and if I can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@capehouse.com.
London, England
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have rated this property 3 but really I would like to give it 5 for location and price, 4 for the room, and 1 for the food and service. With the political problems in Thailand, tourists are pretty scarce, guests can almost name their own price for accommodation, and clearly this property must have cut back its budget a lot, looking at the recent reviews versus the current level of service and hospitality. The best example was perhaps the Executive Lounge, a beautiful room on the 15th Floor with spectacular views, lots of light, smart furniture, and almost no service. I arrived jet lagged and thirsty after checking in, and found no one in the Lounge apart from the nice looking young lady on duty there. I asked if I could have a drink and she simply said no, they didn't have any. I then asked if there was another time during the day when drinks are available, but her English was not up to that and after 3 tries, I realized that she couldn't understand anything I said. So I eventually found a manager who said that soft drinks were always available and she would have a word. Next day there was a nice looking young man on duty, very shy and clearly afraid of making eye contact. Still no other guests in evidence. He poured me a small Coke on request but never offered a refill, or to clear my table, just stood around looking scared and obviously had no training in hospitality. There were a very few little snacks available, no drinks except if you make your presence felt and ask determinedly, but basically they have taken a nice facility and made it uninviting. The breakfast was poor as well; although it was included with my room, by my third morning I had had enough of tasteless eggs and under-cooked potato, and bought myself a very much nicer breakfast at a nearby hotel. The service at the Cape House restaurant was poor; not much is offered, you need to keep asking for everything. What a shame, but there are so many fabulous hotel choices in Bangkok I can't imagine choosing to come back here, despite the cheap price for a nice room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank usa30
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
The Cape House, Bangkok thanks you for your comments and feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear that you liked our newly renovated executive lounge and rooms.
On the other hand, we share the disappointment of your recent experience with us and will definitely address the issues immediately with the appropriate departments.
Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I could offer further assistance via gm@capehouse.com
Ocean Grove
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We started our seven week holiday through Thailand and Laos with a four night stay at the Cape House Bangkok and our choice made for a great start to our holiday. The position - a five minute walk to Chitlom BTS with Lumphini Park also five minutes walk away (in the other direction), was excellent. We were able to get to all the major tourist attractions using the BTS, MRT and river taxi's with minimum hassle. It also meant we were a short BTS ride from all the restaurants and bars along Sukhumvit Road not to mention the HUGE shopping malls on our doorstep.
The service provided was both professional and friendly. The breakfast (we chose mainly the Asian options) were varied and delicious. The bakery items (croissants, danishes and muffins etc) were (the best on our holiday) a real treat to have with our coffee. The pool area after returning from sightseeing was a welcome relief from the heat and humidity and we also appreciated being able to purchase icy cold beers from the little shop on the pool level for about 30 baht to have while sitting around the pool after our swim. The apartment itself (we had a one bedroom) was appreciated for the extra space, large fridge, daily newspaper delivery and washing machine - which was utilized. The bed was comfortable and all the usual items were provided and replenished with the daily servicing. We would absolutely stay here again if we returned to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alralph_adventures
Thank you very much for your positive review in regards to your recent stay at Cape House, Bangkok. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your room, hotel facilities, our daily breakfast buffet as well as our centralized location.
Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Bangkok very soon.
UK
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was amazed to see that seven people had rated this place as poor or terrible. I suppose some have unreasonable expectation or some members of staff may have had an off day.
Anyway I have a critical eye but thought this was a great place to stay and great value for money. Spotlessly clean, spacious and well-equipped apartment - a great location and staff who couldn't have been more hospitable and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was very good - top marks to the egg chef - but the orange juice and coffee could have been better as is the case with the vast majority of hotels including the more expensive ones. Food and wine in the Bistro were better than standards at other restaurants I tried in Bangkok.j

Not my favourite city but if I do come back I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank deaddogsdick
The Cape House, Bangkok, thanks you for your comments and feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope we could have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Thank you once again and please do not hesitate to contact me if we could offer further assistance via gm@capehouse.com.
Trento, Italy
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have been in Cape House 2 years ago for 9 nights, and we have already booked it for our time in Bangkok next August. We are sure we will get the same positive experience that we had at that time. Looking forward to being there again.

Room Tip: Having booked the one bedroom apartment, we can just say that this option seems better than the stud...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PP23052014
The Cape House, Bangkok, appreciates your positive recommendation and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were in Bangkok for three nights and were looking for a place where we could stretch out a bit more than your typical hotel room. We rented one of the one bedroom suites, and were pleasantly surprised by the large size of the living room and bedroom. The room was clean, and the kitchen had everything we needed to prepare snacks. Breakfast was fantastic - and they had items that catered to both Western and Asian tastes. The staff were friendly and helpful - and the hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the SkyTrain station - which was another beenfit. The only thing that could have been better about the hotel would have been some dish soap and a sponge for the kitchen so we could have cleaned our own dishes (the maid did it for us), and at least one shot of clothes detergent for the clothes washer (note: there is no clothes dryer - but there is a clothes line above the tub that will hold 3-4 shirts at a time). So - if you want a clean hotel that provides all the services of a hotel - with the feeling of a well stocked apartment - this is the place - and the online rates at their website are very reasonable. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
The Cape House, Bangkok, is very pleased to have met your expectations, has shared your suggestions with our team, and looks forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your recommendation.