“KT I like”
Review of K.T. Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
K.T. Guest House
Ranked #100 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I just came back from Thailand and I stayed at the KT. I like it very much. For me the staff are the selling point. Agreed, if walking to the market or subway you have to be careful because of the sidewalks but one gets used to that. I like that there is a market not too far away and that the subway is within walking distance. It is in a working class residential district and I did not encounter any problems with that. It is not in a busy tourist section or bar area of the city which was a plus point for me. There is a Thai Massage place next door which was good because after a long trip a Thai massage is always welcome to help relax me. I could stay anywhere in Bangkok but I always seem to go back to the KT. The pool is refreshing and clean. The restraunt is clean and big with good food but there are other places to eat around there if one chooses. Most of all I appreciate the helpfull, friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have just returned from staying at KT guesthouse again. I have always been extremely happy with the service, the staff, the food in the restaurant, the wifi, the aircon rooms and the price. Each visit to Bangkok will include a stay here. Why stay anywhere else?
The restaurant has beautiful food..try my favourite, the mango or papaya smoothie .
There is now an elevator for the luggage to go upstairs which is great. My friend and I did not lift one bag, but had help every time by the gracious staff.
Anywhere in Bangkok takes ages to get to as it is a crazy city, but if you print off the map from the website a taxi will get you there. The taxis are sooo cheap it is not worth complaining about. Thank you KT for your hospitality once again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here again and am always impressed by the friendliness and service. Great staff and the room is wonderful. But it's too far out of the way and you must take transportation to do anything at all. Food is a bit overpriced I think but it's really tasty. Quiet location, pool, hot shower, air, wifi for a fee :(

Room Tip: Relaxing and quiet, second floor has the pool and a fridge for usage. Great place to relax with kids...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RainJames
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed at KT for several nights while in transit from Bhutan...we also stayed at the upscale Novotel at the airport for two nights...we prefer KT. It is a bit out of the way (be sure to get the map from the web site for the taxi driver), but it is clean, quiet, inexpensive, and staffed by very friendly people. The restuarant is very good as well, tho we prefered to hit the market a couple a blocks away for "street food". They are a few blocks away from the excellent subway system. The only negative is no elevator -- if you are on the top floors it is a hike, but that makes up for all the good food you will enjoy.

Room Tip: The top floor is quiet but the lower floors will tucker you out less.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Thanks to all at KT for another great stay (8th trip now and will go back again). I am concerned when I see a posting defaming such a wonderful guesthouse.(Joseph March 2010) I would like to see the negative posting removed until the complainant can back up his statements; police were called but no one was charged and maybe his TripAdvisor post is not giving the full picture.

KT staff are honest, reliable and very friendly. The guesthouse is always clean, inviting and very affordable. The new mattress toppers are fantastic and I always have a very peaceful nights sleep. The restaurant staff are always happy to serve you (something we dont get in Australia!) and the pool is an absolute delight after a long day out working or sightseeing.

Thanks KT, see you again in June 2012, or before if I can make it. Hope you are all safe during the floods.

Room Tip: So long as I am not there and using the room ask for "Robyn's Favourite Room" on the t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelWithMeTours
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We have stayed here before and find it to be a good low budget price for Bangkok (don't compare it with Chiang Mai, the costs are all lower there). On our most recent stay we noticed they have added foam mattress toppers to the extra-firm beds. This was a delightful surprise as most Thai hotel beds are as hard as a floor. The comfortable topper made our sleep-quality excellent!

As always, we found our room clean and the daily cleaning service very good. We requested a room with a hot shower, which costs about $23 US per night at current exchange rates; there are cheaper rooms available without a private hot shower. The bathroom is typical Asian style with the toilet, sink and shower all in the same area. We find this in guesthouses and apartments all over Asia...from Bangkok to Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, China...etc.

The area is off the beaten trail and a map is needed to get there by taxi. A map can be printed from www.ktguesthouse.com . The rates are clearly published on that site also. The food in the restaurant is good local fare and fairly priced. Internet is available for a small fee, but it is very, very slow, which is our main complaint with KT Guesthouse.

Room Tip: Request a private bath with hot shower.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crowberries
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Me and my family went to Bangkok from India & stayed in K.T. Guest House .
It really a nice place to stay & I highly recommend to stay the Budget Visitors in this guest house.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family