“Miami-love it or hate it!!”
Review of Miami Hotel

Miami Hotel
Ranked #421 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This is a sleezy hotel. I like it like that! Please don't stay here if you are a family or an uptight farang couple. Staff has improved...especially the Burmese pool boys! The old maid on the second floor is a problem. She will wake you up (hello, I just went to bed!) and beg for a tip. When we didn't tip her, she was extremely rude...pounded on the door at 11 am.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nevillebartos

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights as we had to stop in Bangkok for a few days. We found the hotel in the Lonely Planet guide and I'm glad we stayed here. The room was large enough, and we were very excited to have a bath (after two months of traveling and only coming across cold showers!). There was a television with plenty of channels, although there were only a few English channels which were both news. The hotel also has a pool which was lovely to be in given the heat of Bangkok. When it came time for us to move on the hotel staff also helped us to sort out further travel arrangements, and we found them useful and helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

the hotel is at Nana very near to the shopping .very old hotel .I would not advice this hotel.The lift is switched off in the nights .To much light and one cannnot sleep well
The rooms are big but very very basic.However all the entertainments are near walking distance

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank csrao57
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We spent some time in Bangkok as my wife had to have surgery for her sinus problems whilst we were on our 2 month holiday in Thailand. We found the Miami hotel advertised on the bottom of a curry house leaflet where we all ate some days before. The price for two adults and one child was 1200 bahts & the marketing on the leaflet was fantastic. We checked in and the staff seemed very unfriendly and hostile. When we got to our room on the third floor, the first thing we noticed were the vintage air conditioner units blasting away like rocket engines. They had no controls on them so I presume they were operated from the reception desk. The beds were very soft and uncomfy, I awoke at around 1am the following morning with something sharp sticking in my back. My daughter and myself were covered in bites from bugs or some insects. I awoke my wife (who is Thai) and asked her to telephone down to the reception to change the room. The Phone in our room did not work, but just crackled. We all got up and decided to go down to the reception. The lift did not work so we took the stairs. We saw 60’s signs saying Love, peace etc. The lady at the reception desk argued with me about changing the room and said we would have to wait until the morning. My wife spoke in Thai and the receptionist got a porter to change our room. The second room was even worse. Lights held on by one thread of wiring, fridge did not work, beds soft and uncomfy and a Whirling / Grinding noise coming from the Air-conditioning units that had no controls on them. I could not wait until the morning when we all checked out.

We asked a taxi driver to take us somewhere and he recommended the Star Suite on 81 Sukhumvit Soi 15 . For 1100 bahts for three of us it was the best value accommodation in Bangkok for luxury , good customer service. I wished we found out about this place first

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ukwildcatter
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I don't mind a few cockroaches for a genuinely cute cheap hotel with personality. But you've GOT to have hospitality as part of the package. Owner (30 to 40 year old Chinese guy)isn't friendly and is so avaricious (greedy). Many lovely staff members - too bad!- but this guy left a bad taste in mouth.

Otherwise the please had everything going for it if you don't mind compromising certain things for a good price. A greedy unfriendly owner is not a place I can compromise, dangit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank paisleygeisha
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The lady owner and her unprofessional staff should be ashamed of themselves for the service they give there customers. Do yourself a big favor and Stay away from here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Highboarder
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We haven't stayed in Miami hotel for a couple of years.
We've first stayed in Miami hotel in 1988. I don't know how may times we've stayed there. Sometimes with a group of 12 friends.
But since our children grew up their mindset was changing and they started disliking it. So, when in Bangkok, we moved to the Ambassador or the Zenith.
And this is what I do: Every time when we are in Bangkok I just enter the place to check if everything is still in place.
And that is exactly what I like about Miami. It hasn't changed for decades. And on the corner of Soi. 13 Sukhumvit the lady still knows what drinks I like best and Young Lee and his family still run the restaurant on the corner of Soi. 15. Nostalgic?
Maybe! But I still like this place very much becaus of its old world charm.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family