“Hotel not good but decent location”
Review of Miami Hotel

Miami Hotel
Ranked #679 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dublin, Ireland
“Hotel not good but decent location”
Reviewed 17 March 2008

Relatively cheap for the location but you get what you pay for: rooms and general hotel are not too clean, staff are not friendly. I would not stay here again but would look for something in the area...

• Stayed March 2004, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mat789

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok
Reviewed 30 November 2007

I stayed here long term, cheap enough and the rooms ok if rather seedy but the unexpected added expenses and the joy they take in collecting them made the whole experience not worth while. They are simply extremely unpleasant staff. I also couldn't get my bond back and Im sure no one does. Still cheap but not much fun.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — staff rude and devious
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank BKKBlue
California
Reviewed 29 October 2007

For only 800 baht/night in a pretty good location, you don't expect too much. The review in the Lonely Planet seem pretty good. I walked infrom the street and viewed a room; clean and really not bad so I made a reservation for the following week.

When I arrived, they ask for the first night cash up front, and THEN they stamp the receipt NO REFUNDS. When I got to my room, I realized why. It was sub-standard, nothing like what they showed me the week before. The matress was horrible, lumpy with no support. The television had no english stations, and was in bad shape. They don't even give you a bottle of fresh water.

The staff was indifferent.

Nice pool though, a flower inside a turd. But it is still a good location.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The mattress, the condition of the room, the staff indifference
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Cooljohn
ozzie in Asia
Reviewed 15 March 2007

This hotel was bad when I stayed there for the first time in 1989, so my expectations were not high when I stayed there again last year. It's not just that the rooms are in an appalling state, what makes this place the absolute pits is the attitude of the staff, several of whom are members of the owning family. Whatever you do, don't ever even think about staying on the ground floor. One night, it rained heavily and when i got back to my room it was knee-deep in flood water which had surged up from a mains drain. My possessions were floating around with bits of sewage! The receptionist said they would put me in another room for the night. The following day the room had been "drained" but not disinfected. When I asked them if they would disinfect the room a member of the owning family said that they would use disinfectant if I went to buy it from the local supermarket. Even though I had payed for several days in advance I checked out and I would never go back there again, not for all the tea in China.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank ozzie43
Paris
Reviewed 19 January 2007

Fairly good considering the price and the excellent location. I was there in 1975 and 1976, nothing had changed, quite amazing.

• Liked — Its location, its old fashioned style
  • Disliked — ----
  • Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank LéonParis
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2006

The rate of 800 bucks is more than it's worth for even if it was cleaned.
We came 0400 AM and asked specificly of the rate for only one day since we would leave at 10PM. The manager answered 800 bath, we payed and got a receipet. while coming back after a long day in town to get a shower before getting to the airport the day-manager claimed us for another 800bath saying that WE made a mistace! Since we've gone over the check out time at noon we should pay again. He wouldn't agreed that the mistace was made by the hotel, instead he sat with his armes crossed and called us idiots and morons and was screaming all the time. We wouldn't get the key if we didn't pay up.
It was the worst experiance of hotel staying we even seen.
Stay out of there!

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2006

Hotel is a complete tourist trap, mainly because its in the lonely planet guide.

Shouldn't be more than 300 baht per night, they charged me 800 baht, for the same price you can stay at the woraburi hotel - speaks for itself.

I am no hotel snob, i stayed in lots of budget accomodation however found this place to be a dive, its the way the pretend its a luxury hotel then you discover the rooms have around 4 different carpets put together to cover the shabbey floor lights hanging from ceilings, etc etc.

Would be a great wee place for budget travellers if if cost backpackers money,, i certainly wouldnt pay any more than 500 baht a night for it, and thats pushing it

• Stayed January 2006