My girlfriend and I booked 4 nights at this hotel, but decided the switch around our plans due to the curfew of June in Bangkok. We cancelled 3 nights, which was no problem at all.
When we arrived at the hotel we got welcomed by the staff which were very very very friendly. Helped us with our lugage and gave us some tips to get around Bangkok, what to do walking, by taxi, and/or BTS line. When we wanted a taxi the security guy outside stopped all taxi's untill he found one that worked with the taxi meter.
During our trip through Bangkok we haven't met such kind people as at Villa Phra Sumen, so we decided to stay there again at the end of our trip. An e-mail was enough to book again and we had the same warm welcome.
-As I have mentioned the staff is absolutly friendly
-The room was very clean and was spacious.
-The place is very peacefull and they have a nice garden inside the hotel
- Best bed we had in Thailand!
Very peacefull and quiet, no noise in the room
- Aircon worked great and was quiet
- Good wifi which was fast
-Laundry service did a good job and did not mess up or lose our clothes (which happened on other spots in Thailand)
-They gave a free ride to the palace of the king and the sleeping buddha area
- Nightlife right around the corner @ Khao san road area.
- Did I already mention the staff was very friendly?
We asked for a late checkout and the first time it was possible without extra payments. The second time this was not possible as the new guests would be arriving soon. They offered us a suite kind of room which was not booked to take a shower before we left to the airport back to Amsterdam.
At breakfast you can 'only' choose between a international breakfast or an Thai breakfast. As the hotel is so small they cannot present a complete buffet. No problem as the international breakfast was food with some fruit, bread, ham, sausages, baked eggs and juice. One time we woke up very late after a long night and we could still get the breakfast after lunch time. Never got this offered in a hotel before!
The hotel and staff give such a cozy feeling, you feel right at home. We will definitely be back at this hotel when we visit Bangkok.
We would reallt like to thank the staff for the great stay and all the kindness. Kind of felt hard to leave the place again
p.s. thank you for the little cake at the breakfast on my birthday and the whole staff coming to sing happy birthday for me. It was very sweet ! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Phra Sumen sits in the heart of historic Bangkok, located on Phra Sumen Road which ran along the ancient city's walls and connected Phra Sumen and Maha Kan Forts over two hundred years ago. Among the 14 forts that were built to protect the city from enemy attacks in the late 17th century, Phra Sumen and Maha Kan Forts are the only ones that still stand today. Villa Phra Sumen is also centered among Rattankosin Island's most popular highlights, including the Emerald Buddha, Wat Pho Temple, The Temple of Dawn, Bawon Niwet Wihan Temple, Suthat Thepwararm Temple, Brahmin Temple, The Golden Mount, Loha Prasat (Metal Palace), The Grand Palace, Ananda Samakhom Throne Hall, Vimanmeak Mansion, The Giant Swing, Democracy Monument and even some charming communities which still go about their ways in the traditional Thai way. The urban boutique resort comprises 2 converted and restored historic buildings, offering 29 guest suites combining both contemporary and classic Thai styles. Towards the back of the property is a two story building situated along Rop Khrung Canal built of wood and concrete. Each suite offers high ceilings, wooden floor, antique furniture and windows opening onto the canal, from where guests can see the traditional lifestyle of people living in the area. The front 4-story building offers tastefully and functionally finished rooms, but with private balconies overlooking the internal courtyard. Villa Phra Sumen is perfectly suited to guests seeking serenity and privacy in an environment which conjures of the atmosphere of hundreds of years ago. Our dedicated staff looks forward to welcoming you to a pleasant stay in old Bangkok and at Villa Phra Sumen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ctrip TA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Phra Sumen Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.