“What a great hotel this is! Especially the great service and warm welcome”

Villa Phra Sumen Bangkok
Ranked #43 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My girlfriend and I booked 4 nights at this hotel, but decided the switch around our plans due to the curfew of June in Bangkok. We cancelled 3 nights, which was no problem at all.

When we arrived at the hotel we got welcomed by the staff which were very very very friendly. Helped us with our lugage and gave us some tips to get around Bangkok, what to do walking, by taxi, and/or BTS line. When we wanted a taxi the security guy outside stopped all taxi's untill he found one that worked with the taxi meter.

During our trip through Bangkok we haven't met such kind people as at Villa Phra Sumen, so we decided to stay there again at the end of our trip. An e-mail was enough to book again and we had the same warm welcome.

-As I have mentioned the staff is absolutly friendly
-The room was very clean and was spacious.
-The place is very peacefull and they have a nice garden inside the hotel
- Best bed we had in Thailand!
Very peacefull and quiet, no noise in the room
- Aircon worked great and was quiet
- Good wifi which was fast
-Laundry service did a good job and did not mess up or lose our clothes (which happened on other spots in Thailand)
-They gave a free ride to the palace of the king and the sleeping buddha area
- Nightlife right around the corner @ Khao san road area.
- Did I already mention the staff was very friendly?

We asked for a late checkout and the first time it was possible without extra payments. The second time this was not possible as the new guests would be arriving soon. They offered us a suite kind of room which was not booked to take a shower before we left to the airport back to Amsterdam.

At breakfast you can 'only' choose between a international breakfast or an Thai breakfast. As the hotel is so small they cannot present a complete buffet. No problem as the international breakfast was food with some fruit, bread, ham, sausages, baked eggs and juice. One time we woke up very late after a long night and we could still get the breakfast after lunch time. Never got this offered in a hotel before!

The hotel and staff give such a cozy feeling, you feel right at home. We will definitely be back at this hotel when we visit Bangkok.

We would reallt like to thank the staff for the great stay and all the kindness. Kind of felt hard to leave the place again

p.s. thank you for the little cake at the breakfast on my birthday and the whole staff coming to sing happy birthday for me. It was very sweet ! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Floris K

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned after a three night stay in Villa Phra Sumen after a three week trip around Thailand with the family. Fab bedrooms and bathrooms, quiet, right in the centre of historic Bangkok....but the real shining star here is the staff. Nothing is too much trouble, excellent customer service from people who really care as opposed to just pretending to care. And this superb service is 24/7. Staying here gives you a feel/insight into the 'real' Bangkok knowing that you are being looked after every step of the way - a real oasis in the middle of a chaotic yet fascinating city. It's worth mentioning that I have been in the travel business for over 25 years and I'd much rather stay here than in some impersonal glitzy five star skyscraper. Our thanks go to Jeep and the rest of the team for a wonderful stay (PS: there are some excellent authentic Thai restaurants within walking distance - nothing to do with Khao San Rd area - for the ' gastro -foodies' amongst you, Krua Apsorn listed in the top 100 eateries world wide by The Observer). Villa Phra Sumen also represents very good value for money and it would be our first choice should we return to Bangkok in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Hopper878
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

After 6 months travelling I booked this place to chill before I embarked on my Thailand adventures and I was not disappointed. The staff here could not do more for you. They book taxis to ensure you get the correct price, give information on Bangkok and are so helpful with directions. It is a 10 min walk to Khao San road - perfect location as out the way of the hustle and bustle. Breakfast is western or Thai, basic but tasty. Rooms are gorgeous, booked deluxe and had huge double bed, lovely decor, a gorgeous bathroom - very powerful shower and wonderful bath! I would whole heartedly recommend this place, can only say good things!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alouise15x
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was so superb I do not know where to start. I checked in way before their standard check in time and my room was ready. The staff greeted my teenaged daughter and I with a warm smile and a wealth of information- which was welcoming after the dry staff we encountered at our Hong Kong hotel.They arranged a free air conditioned vehicle to drop us to the Grand Palace minutes after we checked in. Shout out to Mook and Jeep (I am sure I butchered the spelling but it is phonetically correct) for all of their patience in giving numerous precise directions. Mook even went as far as questioning our tour guide for over pricing us and got us a cheaper rate. The hotel is conveniently located five minutes away from Khoa Son road (which is a must do in Bangkok) and 15 minutes away from the Grand Palace (both walking in distance). Our room was a good size, clean, overlooked the courtyard and the BATHROOM. . . swanky and modern with the best shower pressure this side of Asia. There was a security guard to greet us at the door at all times and a 7-11 across the street. It is located on a busy Bangkok street, but once inside there is an air of peace and tranquility. Finally, there was breakfast in the mornings (not much variety but it was very nice). I have not had customer service like this in most of the five star hotels I have stayed in. Do your self a favor, give this hotel a try. You won't be sorry.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Itsmeisha
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights at the beginning of travelling round Thailand. It was probably the best place we stayed in. The rooms were large, clean and modern. Very comfy bed, and the shower was amazing (better than my shower at home, I was very jealous). The ladies who ran the place were so kind and helpful and arranged everything for us, including taxis. The hotel also provides a free shuttle service between the hotel and the Grand Palace. Lovely breakfast each morning overlooking the canal. And there's also a laptop you can use to access the internet, to save you from the cost of going to an internet cafe. Very quite and only 10 minutes walk from Khaosan Road - perfectly placed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank EllAndKat
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the last minute because we were unexpectedly stuck in Bangkok after we missed a connecting flight. We paid 80 USD total.

The staff here is incredibly kind and helpful- there's someone at the gate who will get you a taxi at the drop of a hat and will ensure you've gotten all your valuables out of the taxi when you arrive. The women at reception were happy to help with whatever we needed-one even wrote instructions in Thai so I could get a haircut from the local barber (140 baht for a haircut and a straight-blade shave). The included breakfast was simple but good: eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, fruit and juice. Many of the tourist attractions (eg the grand palace) are within easy walking distance.

The hotel design is also really cool. Clean lines with just enough color. Decor isn't usually important to me, but this was just icing on the cake.

I wholeheartedly recommend this amazing hotel!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 000John000
Reviewed 16 August 2014

loved how modern this hotel was, how secure it was and how it wasn't far away from all of the cool stuff Bangkok had to offer, but also wasn't in the thick of it either! Decor of the hotel was not what I was expecting and would not have looked out of place in the trendy meatpacking district of New York. Loved all of the polished concrete touches. Looked very high end, but the price was so reasonable!

We were catching a plane to the airport at 4am and they organised us a taxi, reception were very smiley considering we were checking out at 4am, walked us to the taxi and also organised us some snacks as we would be missing breakfast. Taxi driver took our photo at the airport - he said it was for the hotel - we werent entirely convinced but at that time of the morning we couldnt be bothered to argue and happily posed (albeit not looking very awake!).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple