“Dinner with my friend!”

KU DE TA Signature Restaurant - CLOSED
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: The showpiece restaurant, and the multi-sensory epicurean entrance into the stylish pleasures of the world of KU DÉ TA. Regally occupying the prime and generous space at the front of the 39th floor, Signature introduces its guests to the unique aspects of the KU DÉ TA experience: hand-carved ceilings, elegant banquettes, and a panoramic view of the Bangkok cityscape. Chef Jonathan Maza has crafted a Modern Asian dining experience that has roots in Japanese cooking but which boldly explores ingredients and techniques from different regions within Asia. Complemented by an extensive new-world inspired wine list, rare sakes and Japanese cocktails, Signature delivers a layered and luxurious experience that you can customize with your personal tastes.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Appealing and a cozy place. My friend came to visit me and my husband for few days and we thought to take her here at the Kudeta Bangkok. 'Twas really a lovely place plus awesome foods! Its a bit pricey but it's good!

Will love to go back again and will try their ladies night which is every Wednesday! awesomeness!

1  Thank MLORNA
Peter L, Director of Restaurants at KU DE TA Signature Restaurant - CLOSED, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear MLorna,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of our Signature restaurant. We are very pleased to have received such a positive write up from you and also happy that you have a patronage of ladies night within the nightclub!
We look forward to welcoming you back anytime!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a view, what a service and what a good food. This was really something. I can't describe how much we liked this place. It has everything. Try it you like it

4  Thank Bob M

Dear Bob M,

I Take this opportunity to say thank you very much for the 'Wow' review you left about your dining experience in our Signature restaurant. We value your feedback very highly and its great for the team to receive such positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had done ku de ta in Bali more than 3 times and every time it was a great experience the food , and the ambience, it's difficult to compete with a view of the sea rolling in!! But this in bangkok was such a wonderful surprise. Our cocktails were very good, they have a huge selection, very innovative . My first course was sea bream , beautiful to look at and delicious!! My partners salad with king prawn was as good. My beef slices in mushroom sauce sounded like the many I have had , but this had a special something , my partners main dish was a fish cooked in a light sauce excellent . The desserts were a work of art! A sight to behold , and just wondrous on our palate!! mine was ginger ice cream with a wafer, and the other was a chocolate dessert.the only grouch we had was the servings of our food, except the desserts was a bit too small. Slightly bigger portions would be great!! A warning , if you are hungry order 3 starters to share!! For 2 with one cocktail was about us$ 200 .

1  Thank Worldtraveller2359

Dear Worldtraveller2359,

Many thanks for writing the review of our Signature restaurant here. We are very happy you enjoyed the quality of the meal with us. Whilst dining at Signature we try to bring you the freshest highest quality ingredients at a price point that as competitive as we can make it, we hope you felt and agree that your meal represented good value for money judging on these criteria.
We welcome your return to our establishment at any time and thank you again for taking the time to voice your opinions through trip advisor.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Imagine you're having a dream. It's night. You're floating high,high above Bangkok. Down below you can see the lights of the city- tiny neon signs, illuminated buildings, strings of sparkling red and white pearls denoting the main highways, the tiny green and white navigation lights of the boats on the silver river. And, whilst you're floating above the night-time city, you are at the same time in a restaurant. One in which the staff are dressed like characters from Star Trek of the Jean Luc Picard era ( this bit isn't clear in the dream : I'm strictly a James T Kirk man myself), and you're wishing you'd remembered to bring your glasses, not only to read the menu, which is small shiny writing on a grey backdrop, but also to see the food when it arrives, some of the portions being small, and others absolutely tiny. And then, you manage to dig your fork into a molecular amount of ceviche, which you bring to your mouth and insert into your gaping maw . You close your lips over the minuscule victuals. And then! And then an explosion of flavours erupts on your tongue, overloading every sense your brain can register, and you wake with a start. You find yourself in an über-stylish restaurant high above nighttime Bangkok, with waiting staff in Star Trek uniforms and tiny portions of incredible food, and you realise it's not a dream at all. It's rock solid, cold stone real. And there's the rub. This restaurant is not about eating a meal in the sense of stifling pangs of hunger. It's about art, it's about intense flavours, it's about food as you'd never experience it at home, it's about the stunning views over the city. And it's about service. Service which is attentive to the point of obsession. More chefs, waiters and maître d's than you can shake a stick at. It's being accompanied to the toilet and finding the end of the toilet roll folded into a point for the benefit of the next customer. It is, in a word, extraordinary. And you should definitely try it. Don't expect to be sated unless you have really deep pockets and can afford to buy everything on the menu, or you have a small appetite. We ordered everything on the dessert menu between 6 of us to make up for under-ordering the preceding dishes. But, do expect to be blown away by culinary art and artifice in its full glory. It would be hard to single out one dish for praise because it's all fabulous. Some of the desserts lovingly crafted by pastry chef Jason were stunning,especially the fruit concoction with a sort of sake mousse ( I think but I could be dreaming ). But, for me, the tiny ceviche with a kick like a mule was the stand out experience. Highly recommended, not just for the food, but for the all-round experience. But, don't expect all this to come cheap. We paid just short of 19,000 baht (about £360) for 6 including drinks and service. Not bad for London, expensive for Bangkok. But then, how can you put a price on fine art?

2  Thank Robertsclubman

Dear Robertsclubman,

I wish to take the opportunity on behalf of the team at Signature restaurant to thank you for writing such a in depth and descriptive review of our restaurant. The team and I are very happy to have read this account of your experience at KUDETA and I can say from the chef to the front of house we are very pleased you went away with these positive feelings.
We invite you back in the future for a repeat visit and look forward to another review of such imagination!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Amazing fusion restaurant overlooking the city of Bangkok (40th floor)
Menu interesting and with high variety of food (fish, meat, veg). High level of service by waiters at a reasonable price!
I tried the excellent oysters trio, yellowfin, strip loin in an interesting Asian style and a surprising dessert mixing berries white chocolate and salted tofu!

6  Thank Roberto D
Peter L, Director of Restaurants at KU DE TA Signature Restaurant - CLOSED, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Roberto D,

I wish to thank you for your trip advisor review on our venue here.
We are very happy you found the food and flavor combinations to your taste, albeit the service and view from restaurant.
Its our pleasure to invite you back to dine with us anytime!