“Excellent Quality as Expected”

Siri Sathorn Executive Serviced Residence
Ranked #122 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Having experieced a stay at the Sukhotai Hotel in Bangkok, we had no hesitation booking at this sister property -the living space being so much bigger than a hotel room.

We stayed in a two bedroom Deluxe Suite -rate B7000 per night booked via Late Stays and much less than the rack rate.

Room on 16th Floor and although on the side where constuction taking place at a neighbouring property there was no disturbance.

In excellent condition -comfy beds/two bathrooms/kitchen with all utensils
situated within easy walking distance of Skytrain/Underground/Lumphini Park & its night market/Patpong Night Market

Buffet Breakfast catered for Western/Eastern tastes and room service efficient/reasonably priced for this quality of residence.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GAB007.5

Reviewed 9 March 2010

We staying in the Siri Sathorn on two occasions on a recent trip- on one occasion for two nights, and the following week for three nights. We were a group of three- myself, my husband and our toddler daughter

On the first stayed we had a one bed apartment- room 1207. This room has spectacular views over the cityscape and onto Lumphini park. The room was well fitted, spacious and quiet. On our return to Siri Sathorn we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite (yah!) (room 807) which was beautifully laid-out and again spacious for our daughter to explore and enjoy. The staff also presented her with a Siri Sathorn teddy bear to welcome her back to the hotel which I thought was a lovely gesture.

On both of our stays we were impressed by the friendliness of the stay- the door staff, those on reception, the restaurant staff, and the cleaning staff. Everyone went out of their way to make our family feel welcome. The quality of the finishing on the rooms was great and we enjoyed the variety of the food at breakfast- there was plenty to interest both the adults and the children.

We used the laundrette services which were great. There is also a small play area on the ground floor, which was small, but my daughter enjoyed. We had a look around the gym facilities, but did not use them- there seemed to be a good variety of weight machines, aerobic machines and free-weights. We also did not use the pool or the spa.

Location wise, it is a 5 minute walk to Lumphini Park, which was good to walk around in the evening. It was a 10 minute max walk to the skytrain, and probably around 8-10 minutes to the metro. The hotel also has relatively close proximity to the Suam Lum night Bazaar which we loved.

Overall- we were really impressed with this hotel, and enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were incredibly welcoming, the facilities were top-notch, and the location suited our needs perfectly. I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MullMick
Reviewed 4 March 2010

The Siri Sathorn is well worth the money and truly is a hidden gem!!! This hotel can stand its own against any stuffy five star hotel. It may not have the glitz of the Oriental or the Sukhothai, but it is so well worth the money.

The hotel is well situated in Saladaeng and is quite convenient for getting around Bangkok. The skytrain and the subway are a pleasant 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel. Lumpini Park is a short walk from the hotel.

I found Siri Sathorn Hotel as I was aimlessly wandering through the Saladaeng neighborhood. From the moment I walked into the hotel as a visitor, I got the sense that this hotel was all about customer service. Nes, the sales representative, showed me a few different rooms. Within a day I left the overrated JW Marriott and tucked myself into a one bedroom with balcony that sported a lovely view of Bangkok.

Every member of the staff had a smile for the guests, no matter what time of day. I only now regret that I did not give the doorman a large tip when I left. He was always opening the door, smiling and making the guests feel welcome.

The one bedroom was nicely decorated, clean and quiet. I felt as if I was a resident of the building instead of being a traveler. The breakfast buffet had plenty of different dishes that ranged from Asian to continental. I did not try out the health facilities, so I cannot comment.

2  Thank namdoog
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 22 January 2010

1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 4 January 2010

1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I was back in Thailand recently I stayed at Siri Sathorn on two separate occasions. I booked their advanced internet rates both times. I was welcomed back to the property and made to feel like a special guest on both occasions. I needed a late check out on my second stay due to a late flight out and they were happy to allow me to check out at 16:30.

My first stay was on the 6th floor in one of the Deluxe suites. Space was nicely laid out with a large kitchen. I specifically requested a unit on the side away from the construction site. My view was over the neighborhood. The bedroom was also a good size. The TV is placed on a stand that is sort of between the living room and the bedroom. The free wifi worked extremely well. The bathroom was quite large with both a bathtub and a shower in a somewhat strange arrangement side by side. The shower had both a rain shower head and another mounted on the wall.

Second stay was in one of the less expensive Designer suites. The layout was quite a bit different. I was on the 16th floor with an excellent view of the city skyline. The kitchen and living room was one large space with lots of seating, a desk, and an LCD tv. The bedroom was quite a bit more separate but also smaller. However it also had another large tv mounted on the wall. The shower was a bit oddly constructed in a way that led to much water leaking on the floor until I figured out how to keep that from happening. Storage/closet space in this unit was not as well arranged. There is also a large desk in the bedroom.

The one big issue with this place is that it is always way too cold inside. The elevator lobbies are always arctically cold. The rooms are also cold even if you turn the thermostat all the way to the warm end. So I just had to turn it all off from time to time. The windows do swing open which is nice when the weather is not too hot. I also requested non-smoking rooms both times but was put in rooms with ashtrays and people had been smoking in the hallways as evidenced by the ashtrays by the elevators. However the rooms did not smell of smoke. There are ozone air cleaners in all of the units. I don't know how often they are cleaned though.

The sidewalks on Saladaeng Soi 1 are a bit dangerous. Lots of broken or askew tiles. The current construction on Rama IV Rd also means lots of detour traffic on this street as well as Soi Saladaeng. During the day, especially rush hour that means lots of cars. But because they are basically stationary crossing the street is not too difficult.

The breakfast buffet seems to have improved somewhat since my stay last year. It is still fairly basic, but there is enough variety and yet can eat as much as you want.

The laundrette is still a good value when you are on a long trip and need to get some washing done.

Siri Sathorn is a nice value in a pretty good location. The service is quite good and friendly as is almost universal in Thailand. This is my preferred place to stay in Bangkok now.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank glennaa11
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I'm not a big Bangkok fan, but this place was very nice. It's tucked away down a little Soi, but still within a couple of minutes' walk of the very vibrant Silom.

I stayed in one of the apartments and it cost very little considering. The room was spacious, I had a kitchen/living area, a bathroom and a bedroom, all for £80 or thereabouts. The wireless was nice and fast, which was important as I was there on business.

The breakfast buffet was fairly reasonable, the spa wasn't bad and the service was very friendly - not too formal, but hospitable and professional. I'll stay here again when I next go to Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business