The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong Bangkok
US$294
US$155
US$182
US$175
All reviewstarntawan placesuriwong roadnight lifenight marketpatpong marketquiet hotelroom safebreakfast is servedbusiness centersala daengroom servicewalking distancecomfortable bedsrooms are largewelcome drinkconvenient locationdeluxe room
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I booked 2 nights at this hotel, due to the fact that my flight was leaving to London after midnight. I kindly inform the front desk, that despite the fact I was paying 2 nights, I would free it at 9:30 ,pm and therefore, if needed, my room could be used. I slept one night, went out the following day went back at lunch time, my room was not cleaned. Went out again, advising the maid that it should be cleaned, I came back at 7 pm, and guess what, my room WAS NOT CLEANED !!!!!! They did not cleaned, they did not change the towels, toilets were dirty, they even did not supply the mini bar. BUT DESPITE MY PROTEST THEY CHARGED 2 NIGHTS. UNACCEPTABLE. UNFAIR !

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank maperrin
tarntawan, General Manager at The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you very much for your comments.
As I have told you in person when you complained at the reception desk, you switched on the "Do not disturb" sign and therefore our room maid could not enter the room to clean.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

For the first time in Tartawan Place. A quiet place, although in de midst of the 24 hour BKK life. Friendly staff. Rooms are spacious but a bit outdated; but comfi and quiet. My room did not have a view at all; did not bother me. Breakfast ok. Seems to be a secure place. Downside: No safe in the room. Good: Free WIFI, with acceptable speed. For sure will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 9 January 2013

As a regular visior to Thailand and Bangkok, we tried the Tarntawan for the first time this trip.

If you are looking for a negative review ...here goes

No, it could not be more centrally or idealy located for the best spots of Bangkok.
No it could not be more easily accesible
No, the staff could in no way be more freindlier than they were.
No, The rooms couldn't be more spacious or well appointed
No, the hotel couldn't be more restful and tranquil than it is

So if you are looking for a loud, brash, noisy, impersonal corporate hotel, where fruit and flowers are high on your list of expectations then the Tarntawan is not for you.

For me and my partner its has everything we need in a hotel, Comfort, Friendlyness, Great Location, Excellent Bathroom, Good Breakfast and of course free WiFi throughout the entire hotel.

We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: if you smoke, the 8th floor is where you will be and it is lovely
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LadyDiamondS
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I’ve stayed at the Tarntawan three times now and the staff are so friendly and even remembered me from my visit from four years ago! Rooms are basic but large for the price, breakfast is good too. Not too many frills here but very secure and a great location. Recommended

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NMPCC100
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My partner and I recently stayed twice in the Tarntawan. First, passing through Bangkok for a night, then again a couple of weeks later for two nights. For us, there are three primary considerations for hotels (1) location (2) staff and (3) the room.

LOCATION, for us, was great. Bangkok is huge, spread out. There is no perfect location. In general, we prefer to be close to where we want to spend the nights, as opposed to the days. Tartanwan was perfect as a nighttime location.

STAFF was extremely helpful and friendly. Could not have asked for more in a hotel. It's not a gay B&B, so you don't get quite the personalized service as that -- but for a "hotel" -- it is as good as we could have wanted.

The ROOM was fine. Large enough, clean. A bit worn -- but quite acceptable.

Overall, a very good stay. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple