Watana Mansion
US$196
US$178
US$179
US$172
All reviewsfamily martswimming pool in the hotelroom servicenight marketthai foodfree wifidouble bedmetro stationplace to stayan upgradelocation is greatbalcony
Reviewed 18 January 2014

If it was not 9.30 at night and if it was up to me, I would have turned and run at our first impression of Watana Mansion. After checking in and getting our keycards, we went up to the 10th floor where our rooms were. Turning the corner from the elevator, we were confronted with a pile of dirty dishes outside the first room in the hallway, (including a fish head staring back at us). Our rooms were tired and plain, but they were clean and spacious. The beds were hard as we have come to expect in Asia. There is not a lot around the immediate area, but it is only a five minute walk to the nearest train station and there are always taxis out front. Breakfast was included but the set breakfast gives you only 2 options. We chose the American option which consisted of toast, an egg, a slice of ham and a small sausage and tea or coffee. Not much to write home about, but adequate. They have quite a comprehensive menu if you want to order your own food. We saw other people ordering and thought it looked ok so we ate in one night and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food.The restaurant is open 24hrs and offer room service as well. There is a family mart located right next door for any small shopping you may need and some big shopping centres only a couple of stations down the line. The pool was clean and of a decent size but it was very cold and as it is shade for most of the day, it is hardly surprising. There was a construction site next door and whilst it was a little noisy it was not too distracting, in fact we spent a lot of time out on our balcony watching the builders. It is quite something to see. OHS nightmare! By the end of our 6 day stay, I had become quite accustomed the the place although, I would probably not stay there again due to it's remote location to anything touristy. We paid budget rates and we got a budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lorra209
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I stay in Watana hotel just for one night before going back home, I paid 700bath for a standard double room without breakfast
The room seemed fine when we first came in, quite spacious, good size TV, aircon, sofa, small balcony and bathroom (a little small) but after a while we had the visit of a few cockroaches in the room and in the bathroom, the TV didnt work really well (none of the channels was clear), the bed and pillows were too firm and finally the swiming pool (only reason why i chose this hotel) has absolutly no sun light during the afternoon, the building next to the hotel is on construction so it was really noisy and because of that and the other building just in front your privacy is limited.
I am looking for cheap hotels as i am traveling on a budget but i can tell you, you can find cheaper for a better quality facilities in bangkok (and no cockroaches) and if budget is not a concern never stay there

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matamelie
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Pro:
Low Rate

Cons:
Far from MRT. A long walk. Quite scary esp after 7pm as it is quiet and dark.
Noisy: even up to 3am from traffics. Hotel guests are noisy too.
Poor breakfast: Just a miserable set each day.
Poor pool: Pool is dirty.
Dirty toilet.

If cost is yr concern, you may choose Tunes at Asoke. So much better.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Currently staying here and it was the biggest mistake of my life booking for 24 days. I am currently trying to get the booking agent Agoda to refund my remaining nights so I can leave, if not I will just leave on my own. I have never been more upset with a hotel as I am with this one. The customer service is below sub par, if you're not of Asian descent and able to speak or understand Thai then this is not the hotel for you. They blatantly lie to your face, they upcharge you for everything, the internet works when it wants to and the staff are very unwilling to help with any of your concerns, as a past reviewer stated the toilet of Bangkok. I am utterly disgusted with every aspect of this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tristan S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is my regular haunt in my younger days. Nowadays, I only stay here if I land in Bangkok after 10pm and just need a place to crash for the night before shifting.

The price is the main attraction, about SGD30 a night - free brekkie (either porridge or american). Decent rooms, with tub - although refurbished recently - it's not the Shang mind you, so do manage expectations.

Watana is in the heart of the red light, with the most famous massage parlour Poseidon just next door (amongst the rest). And popular with locals staying there.

In between the Suthisan and Huay Kwang MRT stations. Huay Kwang night market is about 500 meters walk so you won't get bored. Ratchada soi 4 discos also less than THB50 by cab.

This place is recommended for singles who intend to roam the nightlife or couples who want to stay long term and would like to stretch their dollar.

Thanks Watana for the memories.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo