“One of my favourite hostels!!”
Review of D&D INN

D&D INN
Ranked #548 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dublin, Ireland
“One of my favourite hostels!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Great hostel right in the centre of Khao san road. Make sure to stay in the newer rooms-very modern and comfortable and really clean. Huge buffet breakfast and nice rooftop pool and bar. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I stayed here recently with a friend during the Songkram Thai New Year festival so the fact it was located on Koh San Road was great, as this was where the party was/is at! However, although this place may have a roof top swimming pool and is at a good location I PLEAD with all of you guys not to ever come here! When we checked out I left my bag with the 2 D&D security guards (as we had 3 hrs to kill) who sign your bag in to their 'secure' room that has security cameras overlooking your bags...when we came back to get the bags I checked my wallet when we were on the VIP bus and realised that £400 was missing. (in hindsight, I shouldnt have left my money in my rucksack...but it was with security right?) The only explanation is that D&D security stole it. We went back there on our return journey and managed to keep it professional - asked to speak with the manager etc but they were very unco-operative and unhelpful. My friend could see the security guards grinning away in the corner!!! The security cameras 'ran out of film' and the manager was 'away'. What more can I say ?? This place may have a cool reputation for travellers but is it worth the risk when there are so many other options out there? The choice is yours

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelBug123_11

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Ive stayed here between abbot 15 times over the past 4-5 years.
It's gradually become more and more in need of updating.
The staff have become ruder and less helpful. On my most recent stay here I was accused of stealing a glass from my room and they asked me to pay 1500 for blocked toilet. I had called down to reception as soon as I checked in regarding issue with toilet- told no other rooms were available but as I was exhausted I went to bed and reminded them when I woke up. Was told someone would come check it. When I checked out 2 days later I had asked a further 3 times but no one had came. They then tried to blame me. Really annoying that I had to use my friends toilet in their room, but wasn't worth speaking to rude staff to get it fixed. Waste of time.
This place used to expect people to be courteous of other guests but during this stay I was woken by other drunk guests. I love khao San road, I used to love this place but it's just a bit depressing to see how badly managed it is.
Also- it's currently under construction so hammering between 8am -8pm... Get it sorted D&D please!
Also prices have gone up (again!)

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank ILashes
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I've been here a couple of times when starting my travels in Thailand and it has always been pretty cost effective and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is also really good!! If you're on a budget you can eat a fair bit so you can have a light lunch to keep you going to dinner. In fairness Thailand is really affordable but it's something to factor in if you have to save money.

Room Tip: Always ask for cabs to go on the meter
  • Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Israel
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Came there after 12 hours night flight and another 2 hours from the airport, and I only wanted to get into bed. I got a room with no window, and even though I checked in at 1600 (4 PM) I was told that no room with window is available. I got into the room, which was small yet clean, took a shower and got into bed.

At 2200 (10 PM) I woke up from the horoble noise from the Kho San st', music from the bars that was very loud, and stoped only in 5 am. Of course, I could not sleep the hole night. I ran away after the first night to another place, naturally, which was better and cheaper (Sawasdee smile inn). Do not recomend to stay there, unless you want to stay up all night and to sleep during the day.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
amsterdam
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I booked a room two days in advance, both by phone and email. Over the phone they told me the room is guaranteed mine as long as I show up before 1PM. I arrived at 8AM (after a night in the train, coming from Chiangmai). The girl at the reception had no clue about my reservation, and told me all rooms are occupied. I had to book another hotel from the next door Internet Cafe (thanks, booking.com!).

Never again! I picked this rathole based on some advice from fellow backpackers who said they had a good time there. That may be, but screwing up the most basic thing which is the reservation is simply unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed here for one night as it was close to the place where we needed to catch our ride to Siem Reap the next morning. We requested a quiet room without any street side exposure - which was accomodated. The room was a bit small but was newly redone. However the bathroom area needed a bit of cleaning and the shower tiles were a bit moldy. The aircon worked well but did not make it into the bathroom area...so every time you went it the bathroom you were hot with stiffling heat. But oh well.

As others have commented, the front desk staff could use a course in customer service. When we requested extra towels (as theirs are PAPER THIN) we were very rudely told that we needed to come to the front desk first and give a cash deposit. "You pay first or no towel". They woouldny even bring them up and let us pay when we came down. Seriously!

The location is right in the center of Khao San Road. If you like a non-stop carnival type vibe right outside your door - then this is the place for you. Even off the street, you can hear the non-stop dance music playing all night. Lucky for us, it was only faintly...but I feel sorry for anyone with a room at the street side of the building that wants to get some sleep.

The rooftop deck was nice and a welcomed escape from all the noise....at least until a group of drunk travellers decided they wanted to invade everyone peace and quiet.

For the money I dont feel like we got much value. There are other hotels in the same price range that offer far more upgraded service and rooms.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple