“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #503 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Rolleston-on-Dove, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Can't even recommend here for a one night stop in Bangkok.
Having paid £18 through tripadvisor I expected a good standard room. What we weren't told until we arrived was that our room was the cheapest and had a window to Koh San Road. We knew it was a busy pub street and had to get an early night so at 9 tried to sleep which was fine little did we know at 10pm the street turns the volume up and we may as well had been sleeping on the street it was that loud! We then went to complain and had to pay an extra 400bht to upgrade to a quieter room which was worth it and the room was nice however I would not like anyone else to experience what we did!
If you stay here upgrade and make sure you don't get a room with a window!

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you want to sleep at night do not come here, at check in they did not say anything about the massive nonstop party outside. An easy problem to fix, buy some better windows for the hotel, or just don't have windows, but no, once you pay money they don't care and when you call to complain they just speak bad English so you give up. On the plus side, if you are hammered drunk, I'm sure you won't mind the noise as much, maybe I should go take a hit of the laughing gas they sell outside, will need it sleeping in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ok - great location for drinking and meeting people but so unbelievably loud all day and night. (Khaosan road is essentially like a strip in a European party town). Once the bars shut, parties continue on the street then are shut down by police and then start up again...and again. Not ideal on our first night arriving to Bangkok from the UK. Our second night a group of us tried the bars and clubs but you still just get woken up early by the shops and restaurants. We ended up missing breakfast both days as we were so tired. Maybe staying close to Khaosan rather than on Khaosan is a better idea. Staff, however, were friendly with a great sense of humour and the rooftop pool and bar is this hotel's saving grace.

Stayed July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is on Khao San Road so understand that the party does not stop. It is not a quiet place. I was in the newer part in a double superior room which was nice but the single rooms were tiny, old had no window and not as clean so you get what you pay for as my room was much more modern and spacious. It was raining so I didn't take advantage of the rooftop pool & with an early flight out I also missed the complimentary breakfast buffet. But I personally loved the location as you just walk out and you are in the middle of the electrifying energy of street food, markets, music, restaurants and bars and the price was reasonable. So decide what you like as the building is old and choose your room accordingly. They let you look at the room first. Also you must pay with cash here.

Room Tip: Higher is better but still noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
N.E. Vic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in a family room after finding significant discount online. We had read a range of reviews on this place, but a poool, beds for everyone, right in the action of Khao San Rd & discounted price sealed the deal.
The room itself (2304) was spacious and appeared recently renovated, good shower and sepearte toliet. A/C hum dampened noise from Khao San Rd enough (as some other reviews had mentioned), it was the sporadic group of pissed backpakers friends calling out in corridors and coming & going (a few occassions each night) that was the only issue, mind you this isnt really the hotels fault, it comes with the territory. Only drawback of the room was the 'balcony' that was advertised with it, it sucked us in, it was 1.2m x 1.2m area with the A/C unit on it looking out onto a building site. Not the place parents coild sit and have a beer and a chat while the kids sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank OzFamilyof5
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin... Firstly, the staff. They could not have been less interested in helping us or sorting out our rooms, we were rudely ushered to sit and wait while they tried to charge us for an extra person (refusing to set up an extra bed) instead of offering another room that suited our party number. The lady at the desk mentioned that it may be a little noisy but not a problem. After about an hour in the waiting room we just agreed and went to our rooms which took about half an hour to find as we trawled our bags through the building site which they call a hotel. We wanted an early night as we were catching a 7am flight so at about 11pm we returned to our rooms. When I say it was loud, I mean you literally could not have a conversation. I had to shout across the room and have the TV on 100% volume which I still could not hear. I may have well taken a sleeping bag into a club and slept under a table. When I informed the receptionist after putting up with it for 2 hours. They merely shrugged and gave me a number to ring in the morning to complain. I strongly recommend that you do not waste your money at this place, whether you are partying or not. It is a waste of money and time and will ruin the day after, too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EES777
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at D & D Inn, Bangkok on 06 Feb 2014 on my Cycling Tour from Singapore to Chiang Mai and Fang. The hotel is in good location with restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is good and clean. I slept well and enjoyed the buffet breakfast provided free. The hotel has a pool to chill off. I will stay at this hotel again if I am at Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo