“If only all hotels were like this”

Majestic Grande Hotel
Ranked #160 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Coventry, United Kingdom
“If only all hotels were like this”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Right from the moment I got out the taxi until i left I was impressed. The room was great even a TV to watch in the bath! The bonus was the free breakfast which was an amazing buffet of dishes from around the world Then another plus the free shuttle to the airport. I have booked for another stay It seems that its close to an area which would be good for a 'boys night out'

Room Tip: It cost 1500 baht by limo from BKK. Airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Decided to splurge a bit in June 2013 and stay somewhere a bit nicer after trekking across Vietnam and Cambodia for awhile and saving on diggs near Khao San Rd. Place was very nice, very modern hotel with all amenities like safe, great bathroom, nice LCD, etc. Great location, although area below had some seedy zones this is Bangkok. Very close to subway/transit zone which was key since traffic seemed perpetually gridlocked in this part of the city. Get a cab EARLY to the airport if leaving during rush hour, I had to bribe the driver to zip like a maniac so I didn't miss my flight to the islands. If you have a decent budget for a few days this spot is nice, although I've heard there are nicer for the same price this was a random Agoda purchase for me.

Room Tip: Great beds, nice and firm so if you are in desperate need of sleep and in Bangkok this will do!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Kind, helpful staff, clean rooms and amazing views from the hotel rooms (if you stay in one of the floors higher up). Stayed here with my family in December 2013 and again in January 2014. The restaurant in the hotel is really good too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a few days while in Bangkok. We had several rooms. From the moment walked into the hotel they made my trip very special. The staff was very attentive and they went out of their way to make my birthday a special one. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to this city. As well, great central location and walking distance to many bars, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tobias007
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for our first anniversary (just the one night). We picked it because we wanted to eat at the ground floor restaurant and the hotel were running a 10% discount on food for guests.

It's in the Nana area which does mean that the clientele at the hotel are generally foreign men looking for some 'r and r' however it's a lively area with great food and good transport links. The hotel is an easy walk from the bts. We were greeted at the door and at check-in in were given a voucher for a complimentary drink. We were asked to pay or the room up-front which I always find a little rude and the price did not include breakfast which I don't think was that clear when I made the booking online. I had requested a room on a high level which we did not get (13th?) something like that. As the coup had only happened a week previously I was a bit surprised at this I expected the hotel would be under capacity.

The room was pretty standard and communal areas were clean and smart enough but not inspiring. We didn't use the pool, which looked really nice, but did enjoy our drink in the lounge. We were also surprised that there was a pianist playing in the lobby in the evening- a really nice touch.

Our main disappointment was that after eating at the great kebab factory (which was faultless) we asked about the 10% discount advertised on the hotel website. Both the restaurant and hotel claimed that there was no discount- embarrassing. We brought it up again in the morning and after speaking to a manger and showing them the offer on my husbands ipad were refunded the 10%.

Would probably not go back as the Marriot is much better for a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I only stayed here for one night on a brief stopover, which was a pity as I'd have liked to have seen more of what the hotel had to offer! My room on on the 23rd floor was very well equipped (flatscreen, DVD player, lots of universal plug points, bathroom with shower and tub) and had a great view over the city. Breakfast was wide-ranging and they were very happy to keep bags until flights later in the day. The skytrain is a short walk away, including the stop with the Airport Train. I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrequentTravellerKV
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for three night at the end of May and the hotel was perfect for what i needed. Being central, easy access to BTS (5-8 mins walk), clean modern room and excellent service. My room was on the 15th floor, very clean and spacious and the bathroom was very nice too. On the first evening me and my girlfriend were very tired as we have flown over night so we decided to get room service. I was very surprised with the quality of food, very tasty.

The staff in the hotel were excellent, they were helpful when we asked them questions and the door men were very friendly and asked us how our days and evenings have been when walking into the hotel.

Breakfast was good lots to choose from. Overall this hotel is priced very well, in a great location and rooms can not be faulted. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to be central and not wanting to pay extortionate rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple