“Pretty decent hotel”

Majestic Grande Hotel
Ranked #166 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Rooms were comfortable and staff was good. Hotel also situated near BTS and main malls. Breakfast and lunch buffet spreads were one of the best I've had at half of what I 'd usually pay at a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank adele m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The first time I stayed at the Majestic Grande was 1 month after it officially opened since then I've stayed another 6 times on this occasion I have brought my 12 year old son as he has wanted to come to Thailand for years.

We arrived at the hotel around 8pm after a long trip from England. We were welcomed with a nice smile especially when I had my passport and visa card in hand ready to photocopy. I had opted for a deluxe room for my son and I. The room was of good size especially the bathroom which had a separate shower also one over the bath.

Breakfast was on the 7th floor along with the swimming pool and spa facilities. The spa facilities include a hot tub with a view a steamroom and a sauna which are within the male changing rooms. The felmale spa facilities will be in the females changing rooms.The breakfast I found was of a great choice and diversity. My son especially liked the hash browns.

The hotel is only a five minute walk to Nana Skytrain...one thing that was funny was how all the girls working at the bars near Nana Plaza made a big fuss of my 12 year old son.

The night I was leaving I received a message from the front desk instructing me about my Etihad Airways chauffer service back to BKK airport with a new pick up time I was very pleased as Etihad could not seem to get through to me on my mobile phone and the original time would of had my son waiting and worry that we had been forgot about.

In all another great stay at the Majestic Grande There might be better hotels at better prices but my Bangkok hotel loyalties lie towards the Majestic Grande and probably always will....See you in November :D

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The folks at Majestic go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. This hotel is a touch on the dated side but what it lacks in trendy appointments, it makes up for with fantastic location and service. The hotel is a quick walk away from Wireless road and Embassy Row.
The breakfast is ample, and the women at the spa do a great job. Having a pool to jump into after a rather hot and muggy day working around town is a definite pleasure. The housekeeping staff seemed especially nice and were willing to clean the room at all hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a 2 night stay at this immaculately clean & friendly hotel in July. Firstly I would like to comment on the absolutely A* customer service we received. We arrived at 09:00 but were immediately checked in to our rooms swiftly & professionally, the staff at the front desk were so polite & helpful & also allowed us to have a room until 17:00 on the day of departure! We had also arrived too late for breakfast one particular morning so the restaurant staff kindly seated us outside, served us coffee, juice & toast. We were more than thankful with their kindness but then they proceeded to bring fruit & pastries from the breakfast buffet & had a club sandwich whipped up, how utterly kind & fabulous of them. The happy hour cocktail service poolside was also most welcome!
The rooms are clean & spacious & are equipped with the normal complimentary toiletries & water. Breakfast Buffet was plentiful & tasty & well stocked, we also enjoyed food in the reception bar with beer & nibbles. We had free wifi & the connection was stable throughout the hotel.
The hotel is located minutes from Nana Plaza, so right in the thick of partying & the Shopping Malls can be walked to or a very short taxi, tuk tuk ride away.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone clean & friendly with an excellent location.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here in 2007. The hotel is really nice and yes it has the wow factor. Pool on 4th floor, really nice and shaded. Breakfast to die for so much choice and so fresh and wholesome! Rooms really comfortable, everything worked just fine. We found the staff very friendly and willing to help with anything. Do have a meal in their restaurant, we had a seafood platter - WOW. Check in/out was quick and courteous. Would recommend this hotel for a 2 night stay. Taxi's outside to take you anywhere you want to go. Try MBK centre, really awesome. Don't let the taxi's take you to tailors or jewellery stores as it is a waste of your holiday time. ENJOY

Room Tip: Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathyCapeTown
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have used this hotel whenever we have stayed in Bangkok since the old Meridien President changed to the Holiday Inn. It is comparatively small. Extremely we'll run, good food clean rooms and most of all very attentive staff who remember you when you come back, as we do. It is well situated for Central Bangkok. Shopping eating and site seeing. Price wise we think excellent value for money. We are sure you will not be disappointed if you take our advice and book the next time you go to Bangkok.

Room Tip: 1101 11floor superior room, near lift large and roomy
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed ,my husband & I in this Hotel in July 2014 for 4 nights.

It s a nice hotel, big room ,clean & luxury . The staff is very nice , polite , helpful & always smiley.
its location is pretty close to everything: " Nana Plaza, restaurants & sky train (BTS) ".
With the "BTS " you can visit all Bangkok . Ticket is so cheap & no way to be lost since direction boards are everywhere.

The Siam mall & MBK mall are very easy to reach with the BTS.

Our Guide from "Discovery Holiday " was very very nice & helpful .

It was a very pleasant & comfortable vacation in Bangkok.

Room Tip: The higher the room is , the better