“DISGRACE!!! - An absolute disgrace.”
Review of Park Hotel Bangkok

Park Hotel Bangkok
Park Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #823 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Sweetwater, TN
“DISGRACE!!! - An absolute disgrace.”
Reviewed 27 December 2008

The receptionist at the front desk was the rudest hotel receptionist, whom I've ever met in my life. She acted as if I was doing her a favor by staying there.

When I was checking out the hotel, I asked for transportation assistance for the van service to Suphanburi. The signs, mentioning the van service, posted in the hotel had nothing to do with the van to Suphanburi. Instead, the hotel staff tried to convince me to pay 5000 Baht for a cab to Suphanburi. When I said no, the hotel staff argued with me.

On of the drivers allowed me to use his phone, so I could call my contact in Suphanburi. After briefly speaking with him, they grabbed the phone from me and hung up on him. They said I could use the phone for another TWO minutes for 20 BAHT.

I asked the receptionist for permission to use the hotel phone and she very rudely said no. The hotel "van" drivers kept arguing with me, saying the van would cost 5000 Baht.

The hotel management witnessed the whole incident and did absolutely nothing.

I left the hotel and went to the bus station.

The bus to Suphanburi cost me 80 Baht.

• Liked — NOTHING!!! Even the experience about checking out was awful.
  • Disliked — Read my review~
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank JoeRussillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne
Reviewed 22 June 2008

by Richard Ballam from Melbourne, Australia, 22 Jun 08Simple question, but no management answer

“I've previously (2005, 2006) stayed at the Park Hotel and enjoyed my times there. Service and facilities ranged between acceptable to fine. Location is their best asset.

Last year I stayed there briefly in November 2007 and found only a manually operated TV in my room! Reception staff and Manager advised that ALL rooms were without a TV remote control, but were unable to provide a convincing explanation as to why this was so. Quite odd! Especially since the TV's in the rooms I occupied in 2005 and 2006 were all remote-controlled and working well enough.

I'll be returning to Bangkok very soon (July 2008) and have written four (4) similar emails to their management, politely requesting updated information i.e. are their TV's now equipped with remote control units in each room? Anything else these days would be absurd.
A simple question ... should get a simple answer, right? You'd think so, but no answer whatsoever to ANY of the 4 similar emails, despite their generic, automated response to the first two emails, assuring me of a reply to any comments or questions within two ( 2 ) business days. Now they're not even sending automated responses acknowledging receipt of my subsequent emails, and still nothing after 28 days!
Total silence.

Looks like my days at the Park Hotel are over ...”

• Liked — Excellent location to most things - comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Room carpets need more cleaning, room A/C's a bit old + noisy, occasional cockroaches.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank ManFromOZ
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 January 2008

The Park Hotel is a very old outdated hotel that has poor service. We told the front desk that there was no hot water. So they turned it on for us and told us to wait at least 30 minutes for it to heat up. Later in the day after shopping we wanted to take another shower but again the hot water was turned off. The TV had no remote control until we asked for one. The room had no blow dryer. We had to ask for that too and was given a very old 700 watt one. The desk staff and the manager poorly handled the problems by ignoring us at the front desk. It took 1 hour and 35 minutes just to resolve the problems. The buffet breakfast was below average compared to the other hotels that we stayed. The only good thing about the hotel was the location. Although I would not stay in that location if you have kids.

We truly enjoyed our trip to Bangkok and the other cities and islands. There are several great places that we stayed. I just wish I had checked this site and had a list of ideas prior to arriving in Bangkok.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — You have to always ask for hot water every time you want to use it.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mulholland
Cali
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Do not stay here!!!
Booked a single and got two single beds in a dated dirty place. Receptionist "Poo" is probably the most hostile person I've met in a long time. Rooms have bed bugs and stay clear of the breakfast!! Better to move down to Soi 11 or so. Soi 7 is borderline "Ho" central. Only good point is the BTS at end of Soi 7. Woudn't stay again if they payed me!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank Finn812
Reading, England
Reviewed 17 February 2007

Our last night before flying home to England after an amazing 2 weeks travelling around Thailand was spent here, and I would have prefered to have slept on the airport floor.

We only needed somewhere until 4am - and the first few places we tried were booked up. The Park Hotel looks like it should be ok - it's a large building, with lots of rooms and a normal reception... but it was horrible!

Our room was bad smelling, hot and the carpet was so sticky, I had to lay down the hotel's bath towels in order to walk around.

Everything felt dirty, and this was confirmed when we woke up the next day covered in lumps and bumps - from God knows what (we are presuming bed bugs).

To top it off, when we left our room at 4 am we were greated by our neighbouring kicking in his bedroom door while threatening his lady friend for the night.

Stay here at your peril!

• Liked — Convenience for Bangkok Shopping
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Uno_Champion
london
Reviewed 27 January 2007

I stayed at two rooms in this hotel. In the first the TV barely worked, the hot tap never worked on the wash basin, and it was overrun with cockroaches. The second was cleaner, everything worked, and I only saw a couple of roaches. Day staff nice, night staff less so. Breakfast is better than most in this price range. In a way, typical Thai budget hotel: okay, but just a little bit of work could make it so much better.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Linovel
Hawaii
Reviewed 5 January 2007

Good location between Soi 7 and Soi 9 in a quiet area. Close to Nana BTS station, 7-11, Family (?) Market. Very nice spa (Raintree) is very close to the hotel.

Rooms were adequate, but we did see a lot of bugs crawling around our roooms and at the buffett. The suites were very nice and in a newer renovated wing. The staff were not very friendly, but that was mostly due to a language barrier. Seemed to have a liberal guest policy as we saw girls going up and down all times of the day. Next to a beer hall and outdoor dining cafe.

Average buffet breakfast and their coffee shop was very expensive and not very tasty.

• Liked — Quiet location, but very close to the action
  • Disliked — Roaches, roaches, roaches, roaches....You get the picture
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan ahead when looking for deals