“One night in Bangkok”

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn
Ranked #521 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Was looking for a place close to the bus-station, and this seemed nice, but I got a room right near reception and they decided to print out reams of paper on the dot-matrix printer (very noisy) starting at 4 or 5am. Also, I booked online and paid (a very small amount) extra to get a room with a window, but did not get one when I was taken to my room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Introduction
Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn is the best Inn in the entire Bangkok in terms of location, cost, facilities as well as comfort. My recent trip which was my 6th trip lasted 14 days ( 18 July 2012 to 30 July 2012 ) which i stayed in the Sawasdee Suhkumvit Inn

Location
Being located in the Thong Lo district which is in the middle of 2 mega malls, one in Asoke ( Terminal 21) and another in Ekkamal (The Gateway) proved that its location is very convenance in terms of shopping for groceries, catching a movie, eating out and also the dinning at Japanese rich buffets along the busy streets (not to forget the widely available massages, dental care etc nearby)

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn is also a 5 minutes walk to the Thong Lo BTS which link directly into the heart of the shopping area of MBK, Platinum Mall, Central World and the Siam sisters mall. she is very accessible by foot, motorbike taxi, taxi as well as the BTS.

Comfort and Pricing
Sawasdee sukhumvit Inn is reason able in pricing and even more better if you manage to catch their special deals online. with or without their American breakfast, their rooms are cosy, air conditioned, there is a flat screen tv along with a dvd player which you can buy dvds and watch on the spot. a mini bar fridge and a private toilet which come with hot water. Rooms are also clean and livable. (please do not compare with the environment outside the inn)

Conclusion
As far as i know, Sawasdee Suhkumvit Inn have never let me down. their staff are welcoming and very helpful. She will always be the one Inn that i look out for when i make my next trip to Bangkok. Good job guys.

Room Tip: choose the rooms which are not too high, there isn't a lift and after the walking, trust me, cli...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear Jonathan Sing .First of all , Thank you so much on your stayed with us and thank you for once again for good review . We 're glad that you like our hotel and service . We will try our best to keep the good standard of room quality and service and will not stop to develop everything we can to make our place more comfortable and worth to everyone to spend holiday with us .

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I booked it online and was quite worried as it was my first time that I was travelling with my Mother, so it had to be safe and decent. I was quite suprised (in a good way) when we got there as it was very close to the BTS (thong lo) like a 3minute walk and easy to find and the staff were quite helpful too. We stayed there for 3 nights and really enjoyed ourselves there. its a comfortable stay and the amenities work well and the staff are really nice and helpful. For the 1st night we stayed on the 3rd floor but after requesting for a ground flr room as my mother couldnt climb stairs as much , they helped out and we were really grateful. the breakfast is decent (not a buffet) but quite basic, nice and complete. the hotel is situated in an area which like all over bangkok has food stalls and massage parlours and due to the close proximity of the BTS (thong lo), travelling around bangkok was remarkably easy !!!... I was very happy with the hotel and the staff as since i was travelling with my mother, she remarked on how it felt safe and comfortable and helped in creating a good holiday. I will definitely be staying here again. !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Savia R
Thank you to stay with us and Thank you once again for giving high score/good review on tripadvisor. Your review have been told to our staffs and they all like to say thank you on your kind my the way . We will never stop to bring all the customer review to improve and develop our product and service to keep most happiness to the guest during stay with us.

Looking forward to serve you soon in nearly future when you come to visite bangkok again

Reviewed 6 July 2012

A few things everyone should know about Sawasdee Sukumvit inn.
1. the hotel is more than 500 meters walk from thonglor mrt , beside that you have to walk across a big street on the way to hotel.
2. The breakfast hotel provide for you is American breakfast ( not buffet).
3. There is no elevator in the hotel.
4. Free wifi for customers.
5. You will get cheaper pirice if you book via internet.
6. The room wall was very thin, so you could hear voice from outside you room.
Overall I think it ' s ok , good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Thanompong

We 're looking forward to see you again on your next holiday in BKK .

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I've stated in sawasdee hotels before and as always they are a good value for backpackers and people on a tight budget. For $26 a night you also receive a good set breakfast.
It's not the cleanest , it had little yellow geckos running around on the walls and those little ant bug things all over.
The location is close to thong Lo bts do that's a plus but there isn't much to see at night. Bathrooms here are the kind where you have the toilet and the shower in one compartment no separation at all (when you are having a shower the toilet floor gets wet). I stayed here for a week and probably would not stay here again. I will definitely find a $36 hotel. Again I only recommend this for people on a tight tight budget . It's an upscale hostel not a 3 star hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I think we got more than what we expected!

Rooms were compfortable and cozy.. Staff was friendly but would have been grt interacting with them in case they knew a lilltle more English... The best two things about the hotel :

-Location: About 500 mtrs from Thong Lo BTS which makes this place almost centrally located from anywhere in bangkok :)))
- Breakfast: with 6-8 choices of set meals for breakfast.. this hotel offers breakfast at par with any of the star hotels ... loved it...

All in all a great place to stay if u love to walk[A walk on Soi 53 can be fun].. want a quiet place.. want to explore Bangkok through One Day BTS Pass ....

Cheers
Shruti

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Shruti

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at the Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, Bangkok a couple of years ago; I had forgotten about it until a few weeks ago, and I took a chance on it again during two Bangkok transit stops for a couple of days each. What a refreshing, lovely little hotel to stay at, at the end of a dead-end street. It's clean, quiet, very friendly, and inexpensive. The district of Prakanong, Sukhumvit Soi 57, is bright and bubbly, and a great part of the city to stay. Right near the BTS skytrain. I'd have no hesitation in recommending it absolutely. Sam McNally.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JackBoise
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Sam Mcnally
First of all. thank you so much to choose our hotel to stayed during BKK trip and thank you once again to wrote us a good review on tripadvisor. Your review is value us to be ensure that we are on the right way and we will keep this standard to be most satisfy to all customers