“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #765 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
County Dublin, Ireland
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the worst experience of my travels and put a dent in it.
There are no lifts and no porter to help with bags so I had to carry a large suitcase and two bags up four flights of stairs. The hotel is very dirty. The room was filthy, ants in the bed which consistently bit us all night. Bathroom tiny had to shower over the toilet with the smell of stale urine and faeces lingering in the air. For me the worst part was at bedtime. The noise was deplorable. Had about an hr sleep in total as the music was so loud outside and the telephone in the bedroom rang about six times during the night. Left at 7am the next morning. Please do not be lured by the cheap prices, beware of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank jamiehouli
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Khaosan Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear jamiehouli

Thank you for choosing Sawasdee Khaosan Inn as your home in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Your review helped us to re-enforce our service standards and kindly trust that we will work harder to improve our product and service .

Thank you very much again for providing your time to write a review about

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here at the start and end of my Starfish Thailand trip. First time I stayed in a dorm and the other time a double on my own and both rooms were tiny. Especially the bathrooms, I found it impossible to shower without banging my arms or body into something. You couldn't swing a cat in there. The rooms are very ugly decorated. If you are familiar with Premier Inn in England then think twice as bad and that is what you get here. For the price I am pretty sure you can find better value accommodation in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Scottdogg90

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your overall experience. I'm really sorry if you was dissatisfied with our hotel's quality.

I hope you will change your mind and will offer us the opportunity to accommodating you and family again in the near future.

Nuttapol H.

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Suzhou
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is really budget, however it don't mean they should still use the same bed clothing and towels then 10 years ago. Besides the room is renovated (with a ugly decoration anyhow) anything else from furniture to pillows and mattress seem to be from a decade ago.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. Low floor better
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rafhael

Thank you very much again for providing your time to write a review about

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I arrived at Sister company hotel in Bangkok on 14th September 2013and finally after several minutes got a lift to the hotel..

2. At the hotel I waited and the 'Manager / owner ?' was rude with me and another Indian customer who arrived before me.
I was asked for my passport etc hotel e voucher etc by another employee. Made to wait and wait. Finally the 'Manager / owner ? ' looked at me with contempt and I said here's my paperwork and passport, she mumbled something and I responded excuse me I did not understand !
She Shouted "I SAID I HAVE NO ROOM FOR YOU, YOU FOLLOW HER !

I walk along a slum back dark path with my suit cases to another 'Hotel' some 5 minutes walk in a rat infested dark ally to another 'Hotel'.  The staff gave me a Little politeness and at least did not shout rudely at me !  The place is Awful very very noisy and I am very very unhappy indeed!

I feel my holiday in Bangkok is ruined I am typing this with such rowdy Noise and You informed me and arranged a place was stated as "Quiet and clean" It is extremely noisy indeed and dirty!  Sleep impossible! Some kind of late night Karaoke etc. That went on until 4am plus in the morning.

I got less than an Hours sleep that night / morning (15th September) I asked to be moved and was put in a room that Shower had No hot water and did not work and had No towels that no one would resolve or allow me to have. Who's 'Reception staff' was a smoking Thai / Chinese man who would not answer the phone I had to walk down to speak to him and he was rude and indifferent !

Finally after having Mosquitoes and possibly bed bugs bite me badly that night I had to pay for another hotel (Triple 8 hotel) in the middle of Bangkok city which was far more quite (than sold me), clean and free of insects with a Shower that worked and basin that was not hanging off etc etc and with Hotel Staff who cared.

Please for the sake of your Travel trip Do Not use this Hotel Chain.

Room Tip: No 'Fitness centre of Pool' Terribly Dirty, Terribly Noisy, Terrible Night / evening hotel s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
SawasdeeHotels, ผู้จัดการ at Sawasdee Khaosan Inn, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
I am very sorry about the inconvenience in my hotel but I hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Thank you for your comment.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Good value for money.

We had a problem in our shower and aircon. We complained and the staff gave us another room right away.

The breakfast is ok (not great).

I would stay here again.

Perfect to explore the city and have a good night of sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank joao c
SawasdeeHotels, General Manager at Sawasdee Khaosan Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Joao C
Thank you to stayed with us and your value reviewed , first of all i 'm so sorry for the facilities problem that made you feel inconvenience . I hope for your next visit will be everything going smoothly .
See you soon
Best regards,
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here two weeks ago and woke up at 4am covered in large bed bugs! I informed the reception staff and they did not seem surprised at all or apologise. I can't be certain but I think they sold the room again the next day! Better, cheaper hotels available in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Globalcruise
Dear Globelcruise

First of all , I have to say sorry for that issue . As we have monthly fumigated about Bed bug killer which didn't get report for long time already . By the way , Thank you for your comments and so I have to check deeply which room happened and will get rid of them soonest .

I hope to see you again and hope you will see our improvement .

Best Regards,
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Very simple. The room is not too nice. Old furniture , smell a little. They even provide condom in the room for 'emergency'. But quite clean but very very small toilet.

I like the free wifi in the room. Best thing about the hotel is the location. Minutes away from grand palace and Wat Pho.

Dont take tuk tuk to the palace, not worth the ridiculous price that they offer.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rabiatul Adawiy... A
Dear Rabiatul
Than k you to stayed with us and your value comments which I can be take to present our team to improvement higher level of their duty . Sorry for TUK TUK outside is out of our control , for more safety and saving your budget , TUK TUK or taxi who drive pass by is more honest than TUK and Taxi who stop by . And also hotel staff can give you a bit trick to avoid or suggest the way of right thing .

I hope you can enjoy crazy wired experience of Thailand and hope to see you again soon in our place .

Best Regards ,
Pittayakom Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Four Sons Place
#547 of 862 in Bangkok
Mango Lagoon Place
Mango Lagoon Place
#488 of 862 in Bangkok

Been to Sawasdee Khaosan Inn? Share your experiences!