“cheap and clean”

Sawasdee Khaosan Inn
Ranked #776 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 July 2014

we stayed in this hotel the 4th time. its central and 2 minutes walk to the khaosan road. price for a double room was 700 bahts. includes air con, fridge and a small but clean bathroom. room was clean and is cleaned daily if you so wish. bedroom is also on the small side but not too small that you feel cramped. all rooms are windowless.
i would recommend it as its cheap, clean and near to khaosan road and you can have a good night sleep. without being disturbed by the loud music.
there is no room service though but they have a cheap buffet breakfast for 89 bahts. which is a plus again. wifi is sometimes free and some times not. this time it was free for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Khaosan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear My guest

Thank you for choosing Sawasdee Smile Inn as your home in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Your review helped us to re-enforce our service standards and kindly trust that we will work harder to improve our product and service .

Thank you very much again for providing your time to write a review about

I hope you will change your mind and will offer us the opportunity to accommodating you and family again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Such a nice location in a very center of major tourist attractions in Bangkok. The hotel was fine, but just fine. And there was a bit lack of service. Did not have aircon for a while before changing the room. Some hotel staff couldn't communicate in English. Food not very exciting and hotel seems to target mainly on backpackers. True it is inexpensive but it such a shame that the place is not run well.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank deardaniel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel more than 4 times already mainly because it's really close to Khaosan Road. I don't like how small the room and the bathroom are. It doesn't have much thing in the room. The tv looks old and doesn't have anything entertaining except soccer and news and at night it gets noisy. It's enough for stay over for the night or two (more than that I wouldn't recommend.)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room is not too nice. Old furniture , smell a little. But quite clean but very very small toilet. I like the free wifi in the room. Best thing about the hotel is the location. This hotel at Khaosan road. There are many Sawasdee hotels here so be careful to get the right place. The room is clean but I don't like bed. Hot water didn't work in my room but Air-con is ok. Noise of music from pub and bar outside. The staff is ok.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We choose this place as it was close to KhaoSan Road and close to airport routes.
We were struggling to find it at first, but young Thai gentleman took us all the way.
Rooms are reasonably clean, fairly noisy, we had our own mosquito and bug repellents, and we burned citronella before bed, so we had a good sleep and woke up without any bites. The best things about this hotel are its location and the price.
Place doesn't feel extremely safe, so I would probably be worried if I was there alone, but if you are not a lone female traveller, its ok. There is plenty to eat around, and plenty of shops if you need something. Staff is not very friendly, but we had no major problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The people who own Sawasdee also have a share in the airport bus, which coincidentally drops you off immediately outside this hotel. This was why I first ended up staying here. Admittedly, my first stay was fine but it was also my first stay in Thailand. However, I stayed again last year and I had already been back to Thailand a few more times since. This time, being more experienced, I immediately saw the bad sides that the more naive me probably either didn't realise or ignored. First off, the noise is awful. If you want to sleep, don't stay here. Probably stating the obvious given that it is on Khao San Road but like I said, most folk have no choice but to look for accommodation in this area as if they get on the airport bus, they are bundled off here, so they don't know much better. Many unsuspecting backpackers are drawn here, just because it's literally their doorstep when the bus drops them off. By the way, I know this as a member of Sawasdee staff told me about the bus.

Anyway, back to the hotel. We'll it has a horrendous problem with mosquitos. They obviously don't spray the rooms. Fine, bring your own spray. Well, I did, but then I was bitten alive, scarily, in my sleep by not only mosquitos, but SPIDERS. This ruined the rest of the holiday for me as I had to wear jeans which, as you can imagine, is a bit uncomfortable in Thai heat in July. My legs, literally, had bulbous water blisters the size of pebbles all over them. If anything brushed against them, I winced in pain and they burst, then over the day, reappeared again as full water blisters. I was in agony. Sorry to be graphic, but that's the reality. I had only just arrived from the airport with my friend, gone to sleep and then the next morning, before our flight to Samui, I had these bites all over my legs. I could have cried. This is the only place this could have happened as I was on a plane before I went to this hotel wearing leggings, changed into my pyjama shorts, then woke up with the bites all over my legs. I still have marks on my legs today. The doctor confirmed that they were spider bites when I got back home. It frightens and worries me to think that that happened when I was sleeping and unaware. So, because of the Sawasdee's lackadaisical attitude towards insects, unless you have a particular affectation for spiders, I'd recommend you don't go, and that you therefore allow yourself the opportunity to wear shorts on your holiday.

Room Tip: Just don't go. Or if you must, wear a binbag to bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Enchantedprincess

Dear my guest

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed here twice, 3 years apart. It hadn't changed much in that tie, which was what I liked. It is basic, but very clean and in a fantastic location. Close enough to stumble home, but far enough away from the noise of Khaosan Road.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Nuttapol H.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Four Sons Place
#722 of 885 in Bangkok
Thai Cozy House
Thai Cozy House
#719 of 885 in Bangkok

Been to Sawasdee Khaosan Inn? Share your experiences!