“Nice enough place”
Review of Urbana Langsuan

Urbana Langsuan
Ranked #262 of 1,347 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel was nice enough but I think there are better value for money spots in Bangkok. The rate varies between 50 - 60 dollars a night through the on-line booking sites. Breakfast is not included but there are good spots close by that are not as pricey. The restaurant is not a part of the hotel so don't expect to charge dinner to your hotel room.

One of the only places in Thailand that did not have internet included and it was very expensive at 300 baht a day.

The first room we stayed in at the beginning of the trip had ants in the bathroom and in a few other spots. The room we had when we returned at the end of the trip had a problem with the air-con so every so often it would start to make a loud rattling noise - made it hard to get to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for one where the air-con has been recently serviced :-)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
UrbanaHospitality, Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear KidsTravelNews

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip in Bangkok. We appreciate you in taking time for posting your review.

We apologize if we weren’t able to satisfy you during your stay. As for our breakfast services, you can book including the breakfast, however it would be on your preference if you would like to avail it since there are also good food outside the hotel. The management had known the comments from the guests about out internet services and they are on the process of doing a better resolution to maintain a good service. We apologize as well if there were problems in the rooms that you’ve stayed to. We informed the housekeeping and engineering team to check all rooms to avoid this problem with our future guests.

Thank you for informing us your concerns. We do hope that you’ll give us another chance to render better service for you and your family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was going to rate it 2/5 but then when I thought about the rate of this hotel, I guess it'd be more fair to give it a 3. All room types are huge. We had a party of 10 people so we booked all sorts of rooms. For less than USD100 a night, you just can't ask for too much. Rooms are tidy, clean with kitchen. Pool is not big at all, whilst the jacuzzi was under maintenance during our stay. Gym is spacious yet the whole feel of it lacks energy somehow. You don't feel like exercising there. Breakfast is alright (you will have enough to eat).

What I like is the area (I've always liked the ChitLom/ Ratchadamri/ Soi LangSuan area). It's 5 mins walk from Central and ChitLom BTS station with lots of massage choices on the street.

I guess the single huge problem I had was that the shower water was not hot enough. This is a vital aspect to me. So it's your call. If you want to pay less than USD100 for a 1-bedroom apartment in Bangkok, this is the choice. Just lower your expectation and it's fine. But for those who are used to 5-star stuff, go somewhere else.

Oh, avoid the spa/ massage in the hotel. It was a disaster! I had my first foot massage ever in Bangkok without my feet washed prior to massage.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrandonAshin

Dear BrandonAshin

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review. We are glad that you've enjoyed your stay though there are some inconvenient matters you've encountered.

We are delighted to know that you appreciated our rooms and service. We know that our convenient location has also been a good part during your stay. We apologize though for the water problem that you encountered. We will be resolving this problem to avoid future occurrence. We apologize as well for not being able to give good service at the spa. We advised the staffs and the manager to take note of this incident.

Please do accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectation. However, we still want to extend our gratitude for your review. We hope to see you again at Urbana Langsuan.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

It's actually been almost 2 years since our stay here but I somehow feel that I owe this review to Urbana Langsuan as I enjoyed our stay here very much. I have stayed in Holiday Inn and Grand Diamond Suites Hotel but I would love to come back to this hotel instead.

First, would be the location. It's just walking distance from the train station and malls in Chidlom. The area is cleaner compared in Pratuman and it feels so much safer. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and it was great! Very spacious, modern, clean and has a functional kitchenette. Great for a long vacations. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, always. We also ordered in-room breakfast and the portions were generous. Lastly, great views outside. Try the Pool Area at night, it would be a nice treat.

I totally recommend this hotel and I would love to go back.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with your family, specially with kids, this is a great choice as it's v...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
UrbanaHospitality, Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Myca V

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip in Bangkok. It was heartwarming to know that we didn’t disappoint your expectations with our service.

We are delighted to know that after long years, you have posted your comments about us showing that we did gave a memorable experience. We are glad that you enjoyed everything. You are always welcome in our property and we’ll assure to give you the service that you are expecting.

Thank you for recommending us and for your time in posting such great review. We are eager to see you again in the future and render best service to you and your family.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Friendly Staff both receptionists was very nice as was the bellman & doorman. Hotel was clean and wonderful views from the pool, only downside was maintenance, so was very noisy at times also no rooftop bar.Stayed in apartment and was very comfortable with kitchen area cooker, microwave & big refrigerator. In all loved the Hotel would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear ryan13293

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip in Bangkok. We had a great time reading your review and compliments.

We are well-pleased that you appreciated our rooms, facilities and service. We apologize with the inconvenience during the renovations and maintenance measures during your stay with us. However, the renovations have already ended by this time and all facilities are opened to the guests. It’s also saddening that we have lessened your great experience with not having a rooftop bar.

We are extending our appreciation to you for enjoying everything in our hotel and for recommending us. If you have future plans to visit Bangkok again, we’ll be more than glad to give you the service that you expect.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Impressive lobby , with friendly, smiling bellboys ready to help with luggage and taxis. The rooms however don’t quite live up to this standard. Spacious and clean enough but a bit tatty especially in the bathrooms. Good size for a family and facilities looked good, although we did not use the kitchen as only stayed one night. Very good location – close to Skytrain and Lumpini Park. Would have liked to have explored the park but it is full of protestors at the moment. Nice cafes and restaurants on the doorstep and overall the area looked safe and pleasant. A few niggles such as having to pay for wifi (over a 2 week staying Thailand using guesthouses this was the only place to charge for wifi) but on the whole this hotel was a good family choice – would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
UrbanaHospitality, Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear gail o

Thank you for staying at Urbana Langsuan. We enjoyed reading your reviews and it was a great compliment to us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel from our service, location, room and facilities. We do apologize if you weren't satisfied with our rooms however we will inform the housekeeping department to double check the cleanliness of the rooms. On the other hand, it was a great pleasure for us that you enjoyed the rest of what we offer and most importantly, you've enjoyed every part of it. On your next visit with us, you can always approach our staffs on the good places to visit.

Thank you for your kind words and it was of great encouragement for us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I honestly can't believe how nice this is and the location it is in considering how little we paid. When I was checking in I kept expecting them to tell me there was some sort of hidden charge. I come to Bangkok quite often, and have paid much more for a similar level of cute, nice, and friendly - in much less convenient locations! Just a really great option for great value when traveling through Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear buppiti

We are very much thrilled to hear that you had a great experience in our property. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review.

Our location is indeed great whether you visit Bangkok for business or for leisure. Various well-known places are very near our property that makes it very convenient for our guests. It is near to many of the tourist places in Bangkok and on the other hand, on a residential area where you can find peace in the middle of city.

Your feedback gave us encouragement to give better service. We highly appreciate your compliments and we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The woman receptionist was very rude during my time staying at Urbana Langsuan. I booked a room for two people which was for me and my mom but just because my uncle was there too, the receptionist tried to question whether i book a room for 2 or 3 people? And she also asked my uncle "are you sure that you will not join them "my mother & me"?, if i see you in a camera you will have a problem!" How could such sentence came out from a mouth of a receptionist working in hotel like this???

To GM: you must read this and take it into a serious consideration. I think it was my first time wasting my money for 2 nights at Urbana Langsuan and also my last time too!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear RSRN

Firstly, we are glad that you have chosen Urbana Langsuan as a place to stay in Bangkok. On the other hand, please do accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had. It had been of our great attention to investigate this incident. The management had given adequate punishment to the staff involved. We truly apologize for the unacceptable behavior of our staff.

Thank you for informing us about your experience. We hope that you could give us another chance to give you better service in the future.