“Ok. But getting old and expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hilton Bangkok

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #120 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Cologne
“Ok. But getting old and expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

The Hilton has once been a pleasant surprise in Bangkok. The "opposite river side" location and its sleak design at fair prices made it an instant hit with
travellers. Much if this is still true. You willl be ok staying there. Recommended.

But the Hilton has two trends going against it. Both potentially driven by the need to milk its cash flow:
The place is ageing. Sofas tend to be dirty (white fabric - not washable). Staff has no problem to wipe tables with dirty wipes, pushing food on the carpeted floor. No supervision. It's busy. We often had wholes in the table napkins, broken glasses, deformed cutlery. The - formerly exclusive - executive lounge is not very clean nowerdays and staff is very rushed trying to cope with the flurry of guests. All no major issues - but clearly too casual for a former 5 star place
Prices have gone up: the Hilton is no longer a deal. At current standards probably overpriced.

Again, the place has much going for it and you'll be ok. But the management needs to tighten the grip on quality quickly - or this will become "just another Hilton"

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank TomCologne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Highly recommended! Nice & interesing view from all rooms (higher is as usual even better). We know all room types of this hotel. Executive rooms are not that big but still nice. Business Center management & event management is well educated, flexible and very much service orientated. meeting facilities are nice & mordern; Alle restaurants have been tested. Extremely good buffet in the morning and evening hours. A la carte is everywhere in that hotel high class. ONLY 1 issue: Service in the executive Club is still poor. They try but this is by far not enough for this rate they charge you. The ladies are too slow, not all of them enjoy to speak English with the guests. The complimentary food style and quality after breakfast until dinner time makes us still wondering. Sky bar and river and roof-top terrasse are nicely styled. Concerning the sky bar: if the chilling atmosphäre would not be interruppted by live--music which are really not professionally good players than you could enjoy a good drink (when the service realizes that guest are waiting to be seerved1). BUT overall a very good hotel directory that manages guests feeling at their 2nd home in Asia. Bravo!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MillenniumHilton, General Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear 4Globetrotter44,
Your compliment is highly appreciated. I understand that your stay did not leave all good memory that it should have and apologize for this. I will share your comments among departments related to adjust our services accordingly.

Kind Regard,
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Check in was done in the lobby and not in the Exec Lounge where I expected it to be. I was informed that since I had already booked an Exec Plus Suite and there were no further upgrade options, I could select a Diamond amenity. The options were a fruit plate, a late checkout, a one-hour Thai massage and a few other options that I can't remember. I selected the free massage. When I told the check-in clerk that I would be leaving at 4:00 a.m., she offered to pack a breakfast-to-go for me on my departure morning. So far so good and I was impressed.

Then I went for my massage. I was asked to complete a detailed form. Did I want a mild, medium or firm massage. Which areas would I like the masseuse to work on? I selected "firm" and requested more work on my shoulders and back. While pleasant, the massage was the mildest that I've ever experienced. And my request for more time on my shoulders and back was completely ignored. The masseuse spent less than a minute on these areas. What was the point of completing the form if the masseuse doesn't pay attention to what the client wants?

After the massage I went up to the Exec Lounge where I inquired about the boat shuttle to River City since I had a tour pick up at 7:10 the next morning. The first lady insisted that I needed to catch the 6:30 a.m. shuttle in order to be time for my 7:10 tour. The second lady told me that the shuttle operated every 20 minutes and that I could take the 6:40 or the 7:00 shuttle. I finally went down to the pier to look up the schedule myself. Why can't the ladies in the Exec Lounge have a copy of the shuttle schedule so that they could be better informed? I ended up taking the 7:00 shuttle and was at River City before 7:05. Thank goodness I didn't take the 6:30 shuttle or I would have sat waiting for over 30 minutes. And, of course, there was no 6:40 shuttle.

Breakfast at Flow had a lot of variety, but the focus was on quantity, rather than quality. The Exec Plus Suite does have a gorgeous view. The bedroom is very small and the shower floods.

Perhaps I was too spoiled by the Conrad where the service was impeccable and the staff seemed genuinely friendly, professional, and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SDW662, General Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Bamboola

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments.

Although some parts of your stay were memorable, I apologise for the inconsistencies that you experienced in our Spa and at The Executive floor lounge, and appreciate you highlighting these for our further improvement..

If you are visiting again, we look forward to welcome you back.

Antwerpen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed for five nights and booked a Executive plus suite with a HH premium award. Hilton Millenium is a nice hotel to stay in. The suite was of a very good size and very clean! Service at Millenium Hilton is very average. Altough everybody tries to help you and is super friendly, almost nobody speaks English fluently. The Executive floor is also average with almost no snacks, not even during evening cocktail. We had dinner twice at Flow wich is a nice restaurant. Last thing we want to mention is that as diamond members we were not offered anything extra during our stay, wich does not happen often in any Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SDW662, General Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear SenjAntwerpen

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok and taking the time to share your comments.

Whilst your overall experience was good, I have noted the areas where you feel there is opportunity for further improvement, which we review further.

We look forward to welcome you back again, and showing you our commitment to continually improving our guest experience.

Baar, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Now returned back to Switzerland, we would like to write a few words about our stay at this premises.

We started out with our honeymoon journey to celebrate New Year’s eve in Bangkok and further our travels around the globe.

Arriving at the hotel we were assigned a regular room, no upgrade to executive room with the reasoning, that the hotel is fully booked. We did make our reservation at this location back in May/June 2011! The front desk finally managed to relocate us, which worked out very well. Thanks to the front office management.

Now, 31st celebration became an odyssey
- Trying to make a reservation for dinner, outside was not possible (even the F&B manager could not fix this anymore)
- Having a glass of champagne, again outside before dinner, was not possible, as everything was locked down for other festivities
- Finally, the F&B manger jumped in again and arranged a table for us at your restaurant (Japanese) outside and did offer a glass of champagne
- So, afterwards, we did need to go to another restaurant across the river
- After returning to the hotel around 11:00 pm, we headed for the executive lounge to order a bottle of champagne, sitting outside celebrating New Years eve
- The exec lounge was open but with no access to the outside again – everything locked again for 360 which was expanded even to the exec lounge`s outside area
- Trying to get our champagne at 360 was deemed impossible and we got involved in a great argument with the staff placed at the desks, as it would have required a full picnic – that is not what we desired
- Finally and coincidentally, the F&B manager showed up again and arranged for us seating at 360 where we finally enjoyed our bottle of champagne and the firework

To us, it is absolutely not understandable, that they lock down a whole hotel and thus, shut out regular Diamond Members from all amenities! There was no way to move in the hotel freely on the 31st! We were feeling like outsiders, hand-cuffed and not welcome in the Hilton family!

We even tried to contact the GM, but he was not available!

There are a few other things which could definitely being improved at this hotel. Just one example are lounge chair pillows at the riverside restaurant and the floor – walk down, please, and look at the cleanliness! It is just dirty beyond belief! The pillow covers should be washed at least every other day! There is even equipment available on the market for Flohr cleaning!

Now to the absolute highlight of our stay – was the F&B Manager Sebastien Michea!
Even if it was not his function nor his duties, he took personal care of us the very 31st and all the commencing days. He really made finally the difference from a disaster stay to an `ok`-stay! I just wonder, where the HH guest relation management was?

Well, what does drive me to write this review, it is simply the fact that I do stay >120 nights per year and experienced, that people make the difference!

But also, that this hotel has a great location and view and it was now the 3rd time we stayed there and from time to time, the quality becomes worse - and on top of all

`Do you think I ever had a reply from the GM to my email I sent him?`

Room Tip: Go for a executive room on high flohr. Great view. Compare price/quality ratio carefully
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arnold R
Dear ArnoldR

Firstly Congratulations on your recent Honeymoon. Thank you for choosing to celebrate with us and taking the time to share your comments.

I understand that your stay did not leave you with the positive experience that it should have and apologize for this, for which I will contact you to discuss separately. It is pleasing to note however Sebastien’s commitment to make the experience better for you both and I will ensure he is recognized for this.

If you are returning to Bangkok I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you for a more memorable experience in future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Millennium Hilton in mid February. Outstanding service provided at all times, from porters and reception, housekeeping and servers. Executive floor provided a very nice breakfast selection, with finger foods later in the day and many unique fruit cocktails to tempt. Our room was well equipped with a great view of the river activity below. The 4th floor pool area was a treat, with plenty of shade or sun available, beach sand or hammock, and private hot tubs. Also had a fantastic evening the the restaurant Maya on the 3rd floor. Multi course meal mixed with Thai dancers. Not to be missed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kensnavely
Dear Kensnavely

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok and sharing your experience..

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities, including some of what we think are our signature areas such as Maya and the Beach, and will certainly share your appreciation with the entire team.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Where shall i start...............

3 night in bangkok at the millenium hilton on first visit to thailand on honeymoon.

i have stayed at many many 4/5 star hotels all over the world, and for stunning hotel and more extremely so the polite hospitable and accomodating nature of the staff was unrivalled and never before experienced.

it was clear from the outset - this is the PRIMARY focus of this hotel/Thailand....to provide impecable service, bend over backwards and accomodate every request, with the utmost respect and courtesy aleways with a smile.

it became clear - that this is the nature of thailand and its people particularly toward tourists/in the tourism trade. nevertheless it was amazing.

the hotel itself is amazing, great location, stunning throughout, every turn, every corner, every area, every floor, from reception to breakfast area, to rooftop bar, it was stunning interior design, left an impression.

hotel has a private boat across the river to the main shopping area.

the staff ensured to call knowledgable and trusting taxi drivers, who himself was amazing, and we kept him for our full 3 days all day.

one time (band camp) we were on the rooftop bar, and they were closing, whilst here and in many places they woiuld have wanted us out, the staff new we were enjoying the view and quickly put out a table, refreshments and were amazing!!!!!

so much respect - I HAVE FOR THEM and the way the staff at the hotel treated us.

when in bangkok most amazing thing to do is go to the floating market!!!!! its a must

also visit the LEBUA HOTEL, on the top floor, sky bar, its the highest point and an unforgettable view of bangkok, amidst a really vibrant and lively setting.

THIS HOTEL IS A MUST MUST MUST!!!!!!!!
YOU WILL NOT BE DIAPPOINTED. WISH I COULD GIVE 6 STARS

Room Tip: harbour/river view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MominRabbani
SDW662, General Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Momin Rabbani

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok to celebrate your honeymoo, and Congratulations.

We are indeed flattered to read your comments, which are a credit to the work of the entire team and are much appreciated by us.

We look forward to welcome you back whenerver in Bangkok again .